Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hey guys I bought the SCte last night and when i opened it I found a little card board box under the chassis by the instructions and stickers. Is there supposed to be anything in there or is it just filler in the box???????
Old 03-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Mine had the same. Just filler. In the ten t I think it came with some stuff in it. Can't remember what.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
If you were running an 8ight buggy or truggy you would feel the same , my 8ight Te has been the most durable best handling R/C I own , the driveline wears like iron and I have only ever broken one front a arm in the 3 years I have owned it .

As for the quality the only thing thats really in question IMO is the diff pins , everything else is little stuff that almost EVERY R/C has (rear tower , bumpers) .

Actually, I did run an 8ight for a while, I had 2 of them, the second was buit to replace the first one that had a lot of wear. You are correct that the 8ight is very tough (I never broke an arm), the other parts wore much faster resulting in a good amount of slop. Basiclly just a lot more worn than I would like.

I moved to the Mugen and I have the same durabilty, with parts that barely wear.

to each his own, I am just explaining how I feel when I am spending my dollars. I expect more.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StPete40
Mine had the same. Just filler. In the ten t I think it came with some stuff in it. Can't remember what.
Cool thanks.

Now that i have it should i put the novak 4.5t combo in it or the castle 3800 kv combo?????
Old 03-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Okay I'm done tweaking.. I just swapped in the castle Short Course 3800 setup including the ESC and while I swapped it made a few holes in the battery tray & esc tray where I could..

New weight w/o wheels & body is 4lbs 15oz

Add in 14 3/4oz for wheels/tires and 7.5oz now for the body..

Total weight on the track w/ 5400mAH lipo's = 6.33lbs Right where I wanted to be. We'll see though how I like the tekin on the mmp vs the castle 3800 on the SCT esc.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default I need some rear diff parts

I just bought my truck last Saturday and have been working on changing diff fluids and such ever since. When I went to put the ring gear back i put it on backwards. Oops! Turned it back around and put it all back together and installed it back in the truck. I then noticed I had a small bind in the rear diff. Upon taking the whole thing back apart, I found out the small washer (B3563) holding the pin in was bent and the small plate (3542) was warped. This was causing the gear to not spin in a straight line, it made it look like it was warped too. Now I can't find the parts in stock anywhere? Any suggestions?
Old 03-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R6cj69
I just bought my truck last Saturday and have been working on changing diff fluids and such ever since. When I went to put the ring gear back i put it on backwards. Oops! Turned it back around and put it all back together and installed it back in the truck. I then noticed I had a small bind in the rear diff. Upon taking the whole thing back apart, I found out the small washer (B3563) holding the pin in was bent and the small plate (3542) was warped. This was causing the gear to not spin in a straight line, it made it look like it was warped too. Now I can't find the parts in stock anywhere? Any suggestions?
I hate to tell you bro but it may be a while before you get parts.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R6cj69
Your best option is probably going to be a complete Diff or rear end on ebay. Quite a few being parted out there. Most likely not what you want to hear but either that or park it. Good luck.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Stupid question???

Sorry guys but I need to ask what may seem like a silly question. What are these small orange boxes I see mounted on the center diff in a lot of picture of guys trucks and on other cars? I thinks its a transponder??? I only know that from advertisements but I dont know what its is and more importantly what it does. But from seeing so many of them on peoples cars, I'm begining to think I need one. Please someone give me a quick education
Old 03-26-2011, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irocdave12
Sorry guys but I need to ask what may seem like a silly question. What are these small orange boxes I see mounted on the center diff in a lot of picture of guys trucks and on other cars? I thinks its a transponder??? I only know that from advertisements but I dont know what its is and more importantly what it does. But from seeing so many of them on peoples cars, I'm begining to think I need one. Please someone give me a quick education
they are transponders. they are for counting your laps. You only need them if you race at a track
Old 03-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
I think this truck kick's ass and happy to have it.

However, I guess I don't get why it is so hard to find a local machine shop out there in California to simply machine up some diff pins so they can be sent out to customers in the interim while Losi figures out how to source them from China or wherever with the correct hardness. Hire a temp to handle the phone calls and emails and send out some pins.

This ain't rocket science and isn't like a new plastic mold or something needs to be designed and tested. I think someone in management is over thinking the situation personally.

I'm sure the cost to get a couple of thousand diff replacement pins made at a local machine shop is not that great in the scheme of things, particularly when compared to the bad PR.

I got my hardened set(s) from Chris like a week ago and he is just one guy screwing around in his basement making pins. I KNOW one of the product manager guys can just whip out a corporate card and find a machine shop to make some for short term replacement to keep the trucks out on the track.

My administrative assistant could have had this done and resolved like two weeks ago with her eyes closed.
Exactly and well said. I hope Losi is listening to posts like this. There are thousands of good quality local machinists in this country that could make diff pins to whatever specs losi wanted. My guess is they would probably have to pay 2 bucks each instead of .20 each from China. Typical American companies. Sorry but the truth hurts.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timannnn6
Exactly and well said. I hope Losi is listening to posts like this. There are thousands of good quality local machinists in this country that could make diff pins to whatever specs losi wanted. My guess is they would probably have to pay 2 bucks each instead of .20 each from China. Typical American companies. Sorry but the truth hurts.
I find it interesting that posts like this surface when you dont know exactly what we are trying to do. We need 12-20000 pins of which we would like to get 3000 of them in the next week for customer service. We requested quotes and have been leaning on places to get them back but most are having trouble finding stock this fast and thus cannot quote us until they find enough stock. Heck, I even hit up Chris to see if he could do it.

We do listen and we are trying which is what I've been saying all along.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I asked about the 810 axles about a week ago and no one replied. I guess I may be the first one that tried this and it works perfect. Someone else requested a pic when I finished, so here it is...................
Old 03-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
I asked about the 810 axles about a week ago and no one replied. I guess I may be the first one that tried this and it works perfect. Someone else requested a pic when I finished, so here it is...................
Nice to see it worked out for you, I'm sure other bashers will appreciate the info. My guess to why you had no reply is that not many people are interested due to most race a tracks and this would be illegal at nearly every track. Even the most lenient tracks w/ rules will make you run SC wheels/tires.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ffpm46
Going to list my Losi Ten SCTE on the FS thread.
Just thought I'd give u guys a crack at it first.

3 race old, has Chris Ateberry hardened pins, 2 Quals and a main on fresh diffs 7,5,3, shocks have 27.5 F & B, has Aluminum toe blocks F & B, Aluminum Rear hubs, Alminum F & R chassis brace, SNR Carbon F & R Towers, complete shock springs set, Black Silver Gold, nip shock pistons, front arms, front spindles, body posts, rear plastic hubs, rod ends, spur gear all NIP. I also have 3 sets of Losi rims and JC tires, 2 Subs, 1 set Double Dee's. Dee's never ran.

All for 375.00 shipped!
Why are you selling?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.