Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Another reminder!!!

Mark this date on your calendars:

Tuesday August 26th, 2014

- 5:30 pm: volunteers needed for moving all our equipment back inside the Horseshoe Club from our rented Storage Container. Bring your work gloves!!!

- 6:30 pm (approx): right after Pizza and Pop ordered and AGM held.

Many important decisions to be made this season and we need everyone’s feedback on how your club should be run!

….. and in case you missed the major announcement:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian...eries-ats.html

....also, if you haven't picked up your F1 rim and tire orders from PM Hobbycraft, go do it!!!

Ivan

Last edited by BoneCrusher; 08-16-2014 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Added Something...
Old 08-18-2014, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default World GT Gianna Body

Any ideas where I can get a World GT body without paying ridiculous shipping?
I'm liking the Gianna but no one seems to carry it.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elecsual
Any ideas where I can get a World GT body without paying ridiculous shipping?
I'm liking the Gianna but no one seems to carry it.
I have them in stock right now. Give me a call 403-252-6643
Old 08-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

AS YOUR ALL AWARE OF KARZ SUPPORT IN LOOKING FOR NEW RACING BLOOD, WE ARE ON THE HUNT........

OK FOLKS, I AM LOOKING FOR SOME MINI PARTS. FIRST OFF, IF ANY ONE, HAS ANY OLD LIPOS FOR THE CLUB CAR THAT WOULD BE GREAT. THESE NiMH BATTERIES ARE PRETTY MUCH DONE. SECONDLY, IF ANYONE HAS ANY 16 OR 18 TOOTH PINIONS, I COULD REALLY USE THEM IN THE CLUB CARS FOR THIS WEEKEND. PLEASE EMAIL ME AT [email protected] OR POST ON KARZ SITE FOR ME TO PICK UP. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hi All! Ivan mentioned hes a little tired up today (lucky boy) so he asked me to post a reminder about the AGM tmw night Tuesday the 26th. We will be moving the gear into the HSC from our storage container, no - we wont be setting up, so no need to bring your tables just yet, but please bring your work gloves.

This starts at 5:30pm, Pizza and Pop right after the move, then the AGM starts.

Also to recap, a few of us got into the PM buy for Exotek and F1 parts and tires. Please call James at PM south, to organize your order and pick it up. We placed the order early so we knew we would get it in time for the season, but PM do not want to sit on the products you ordered.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

not sure yet if I'll be able to make the AGM. Wife working and kids at activities....

anyway, F1 opinions sought:
Speed Passion, VBC, CRC, F101 ?? which one?
I want to get one that is legal, appropriate for our series, and is fairly popular locally.
thoughts??
And which tires?? + where to buy?
I'm sure I'm not the only looking to get into this class, but a little confused as to what to buy.
thanks guys.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Stu the TRF101 looks cool, Im not sure how the CF front arms will hold up with our boards. The SP is a very nice car, I checked out Cals at the Wcics. I havent seen any others, except the F104 and the exotek conversion. the CRC looks great too, very simple layout. Check out TQRC racing for alot of f1 info and parts too.

Long term, you definitely want to go with a skinny car (190mm). Apart from that, there is your main restriction. Pit Shumizu seem to be the best tires. Im using PS-0573 fronts (Med with option insert) and PS-0575 rears (Soft). James can get them and Exotek wheels for very very good prices. These should last a long time also.

Maybe James can chime in, but Im pretty sure he will be stocking F104 parts, so thats another consideration in regards to local parts.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

The 101 bounces off the boards at NASCAR pretty well. Mike Watson's 101 hooks up very well, the SP works well as does the Exotek conversion, but it is mostly a Tamiya field in Edmonton with the 104 Ver2 (put what ever color in here) being the most popular. I had the 104 Ver2 Dark Titanium nice car, I just don't like rubber tire pan car myself. If it is a link car they all should work, the link cars seem to hook up better then the t-bar cars.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by axle182
Stu the TRF101 looks cool, Im not sure how the CF front arms will hold up with our boards. The SP is a very nice car, I checked out Cals at the Wcics. I havent seen any others, except the F104 and the exotek conversion. the CRC looks great too, very simple layout. Check out TQRC racing for alot of f1 info and parts too.

Long term, you definitely want to go with a skinny car (190mm). Apart from that, there is your main restriction. Pit Shumizu seem to be the best tires. Im using PS-0573 fronts (Med with option insert) and PS-0575 rears (Soft). James can get them and Exotek wheels for very very good prices. These should last a long time also.

Maybe James can chime in, but Im pretty sure he will be stocking F104 parts, so thats another consideration in regards to local parts.

Thanks AJ ( and Pat too !)
When you say 190mm, does that rule any on my list out??
also, from what Shawn thought last time I was in, he could get if not actually stock, VBC parts, so I am leaning that way
Old 08-25-2014, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Tires, the go to are the Pit Shimzu 571 front and 572 rear. Tamiya TCS tires are actually the same, just rebranded.
As for car I have the Serpent as does Steve, Shane, and Erwin. The only cars to stay away from is the F103, F104W and the 3racing F109. I don't think you can buy any of them new at the moment anyway.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Move in to HSC tonight!

CARCAR dudes! Its all hands on deck tonight at 5:30 for the move in. Should only take an hour with all you strong young men.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Carcar AGM minutes

Carcar AGM August 26, 2014

Meeting called to order at 6:45pm by Carcar President Ivan Chan

Treasurer Ken Miller presented the financial report from 2013/2014 season.

Elections of officers for 2014/2015

President: Matt Wilfort
Vice President: Cal Freeman
Treasurer: Ken Miller

WCICS Rep: Cal Freeman
Tuesday night practice marshals: Jim Chapman, Matt Wilfort, Kerry Nevatte
Wednesday night practice marshals: Jim Chapman, Matt Wilfort, Colin Herbert
Race Directors: Cal Freeman, Matt Wilfort
Track Director: Jim Chapman, apprentice Carter Herasmyiuk
Carcar Website maintenance: Bernie Lees
Facebook maintenance: Eddy Bussiere

Fall 2013/Winter 2014 Season Points Champions

Fall 2013 Tamiya Mini: 1st Walter Slany, 2nd Tim Sather, and 3rd Matt Wilfort
Fall 2013 Touring Stock: 1st Walter Slany, 2nd Ivan Chan, and 3rd Ian Buchan
Fall 2013 Touring Superstock: 1st Ivan Chan, 2nd Steve Soon, and 3rd Pete Tozser

Winter 2014 Tamiya Mini: 1st Walter Slany, 2nd Matt Wilfort, and 3rd Tim Sather
Winter 2014 Touring Stock: 1st Erwin Leong, 2nd Bernie Lees, and 3rd Cal Freeman
Winter 2014 Touring Superstock: 1st Erwin Leong, 2nd Bernie Lees, and 3rd Jim Chapman

2014 to 2015 Season Championships: Same scoring method as last year (2 drops):
1. Fall: October to the end December
2. Winter: January to end of March

Note 1
We will be setting the track up Monday September 22, 2014. This will allow drivers who are going to Saskatoon for the first WCICS race to practice. September 26 will be Carcars first club race, but points will no be counted.

Note 2
The club will investigate the possibility of getting new Clik-Trak.

Note 3
Rules Regulations and code of conduct was overviewed by Kerry Nevatte. Document to be updated to reflect new classes and minor changes. Motion passed to have executive committee ability to resolve and update without voting.

Note 4
Membership and Race fees remain unchanged.
Single membership $70.00
Family membership $100.00 (IMMEDIATE FAMILY)
Free membership with purchase of RC Kit from any local hobby store. 1st time only.

Note 5
The club will look into having an online registration for club racing to ease the process.

Note 6
F1 will be introduced into club racing this season. Cal Freeman has class rules, and schedule will be determined at later date. Perhaps 1/12 and F1 could alternate weeks?

No new business was brought forward from the floor, motion was passed to adjourn at 7:45pm.

Other things to mention
Friday night race times. Registration from 6:00pm to 6:20pm. First heat starts at 6:30pm sharp. If you arrive later, you can be added to the next available heat.

If I have missed anything, please let me know. Im new!

I want to thank former president Ivan Chan and former vice president Gordon Tomazic for their efforts they have put into the club the past few years. If it wasn't for people who are willing to volunteer their time, we wouldn't have a club to enjoy our hobby. Thanks guys.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default RPM vs Torque-based motors

I am going to be upgrading my motors for WGT, TC, and 12th (not ROAR approved any longer, used up, and requiring a backup, respectively) and was wondering whether to get RPM or torque-based motors for the three classes based on the layouts we usually run at CARCAR and WCICS. Currently I am thinking along the lines of the Revtech Killshot (maybe the D4).

Please PM me if you do not want to clog up the club thread, although others may be interested. Thank you for your opinions.

P.S. Can we use the older (no longer approved) motors for club racing? Sorry if this was discussed at the AGM as work intervened.

Last edited by GoliathOpponent; 09-02-2014 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Corrected issue
Old 08-31-2014, 11:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GoliathOpponent
I am going to be upgrading my Reedy/Viper motors for 12th, WGT, and TC (due to them not being ROAR approved any longer) and was wondering whether to get RPM or torque-based motors for the three classes based on the layouts we usually run at CARCAR. Currently I am thinking along the lines of the Revtech Killshot (maybe the D4).

Please PM me if you do not want to clog up the club thread, although others may be interested. Thank you for your opinions.

P.S. Can we use the older (no longer approved) motors for club racing? Sorry if this was discussed at the AGM as work intervened.
For touring car stock you almost always want a torque-based motor and rotor. Someone else might want to chime is since I rarely race touring. For 12th you can get a smaller rotor with less torque. For 12th I just ran the stock Reedy motor and I had no problems keeping up with it.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

In my opinion the largest legal (12.5mm), highest torque rotor is best for any application. Unless you're looking for less power for some reason

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.