Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

As I have stated before, yes, it's in our court. There a re a few final logistics to work out. This will not be a go until November sometime. Hopefully earlier. We are looking at once or twice a month, but as I said before, there are final details.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

We're crossing forum discussions now.

It didn't come out that way in your other post. Either way...glad to hear stuff is being hammered out.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Mini Drivers

Anyone who drives a Mini might like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h0o0...lated&search=:)
Old 10-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Another Mini Video

This one is cool to. Just turn down your sound, the music thats with it is kinda irritating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnvaw...ed&search=%3A:)
Old 10-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Default CarCar AGM Minutes and details

Hey everyone, looking forward to another great winter of racing!

Just to clear up, Greg Mills already did but I've received a couple of unsure e-mails from people, and saw some at the hobby shops, the set up day will be Wednesday starting at 5pm. If we get things set up early enough, we may have time for a little practice as well.

For those that weren't at the AGM, Kerry's been busy and hasn't had time to send out any minutes from the meeting. Here's the basics:

This Friday is scheduled to just be a test & tune, but if we have enough interested people, we may have a race.

Next week everything swings into full gear with practice days on Tuesday and Wednesday, and racing on Friday. On all days track is officially open at 6pm. Racing on Fridays starts at 7pm sharp. Ian is managing Tuesday practice, and Jim and Mario are co-managing Wednesday. If anyone has any questions about practice nights, opening time, etc, those will be your guys.

The 18th scale minis will probably be doing the same Sunday thing they did a couple years ago. Mike (Buhda) is back from his sentence in the city of chimps and will be managing this. He'll post when he's got things in order.

Your New Executive:
Kerry has stayed on as President & Treasurer, with the caveat that he most likely will be stepping down next year, and has committed to starting to hand over the reins. As treasurer, he'll be your main contact for memberships.

Josh Carter is Vice President for this year. I'm your second point of contact for anything club related, and will take memberships as well.

Greg Mills is Track director. He's responsible for track layouts, organizing people for track set-up and tear down. He is also co-representative for the CarCar club to WCICS.

Dwayne is Co-rep to WCICS with Greg.

Race Director is Ryan Mate. He'll run the Friday race nights and take your entry fees.

Records: As with last year, we need to keep track of attendance to help out the numbers for the Horseshoe club. The more people they have as using the facility, the more funding they get, which may mean a new, flat, floor for the club. Just as last year, there will be a sheet posted on the glass by where we post the qualy times, just put a check mark beside your name every time you come in.

Memberships and Fees: With no major expenses this year (like replacing the carpet last year) the fees stay the same (hey no increase!). Memberships are $60 for the year, $100 for a family. Race fees are $10.

Classes and Rules: We will follow the WCICS rules for the most part.

Battery: Limit is 4300 (same as last year, so if your packs are still good, they'll work fine).

Motors-Stock: We will be allowing brushless stock (13.5 turn brushless motors). WCICS apparently will be running 2 separate classes for stock, brushed and brushless, although my personal opinion is this won't last long and they'll put them back into one class, but maybe not until next year.

Motors-19T: Here's one of the few places our club nights will differ from WCICS. They are apparently not allowing brushless in 19T (10.5 brushless motors are the equivalent). Again, I don't think this will last long, certainly not into next years season, but I could be wrong. We're taking a more progressive approach and since brushless is where it's headed, we'll be allowing both brushed 19t and brushless 10.5t to run together. Just be aware that at the WCICS events you'll need a 19t brushed (for now).

From talking to Greg Mills, the mod class will be smaller this year, he, Wayne Mah, etc are apparently going to be focusing more on the 19t class than mod. The mod class, while fun to watch, hasn't had a lot of entries the last couple years, with most people in the stock and 19t classes. We will be probably following suit at our club level, running 19t races in addition to stock.

As always, we will need a minimum of 6 entrants to make a class on any given night. That includes 19t, 12th scale, Tamiya minis, whatever. Also, we've instituted a new rule; racers can only run one of either touring stock or 19t, not both. This is to ensure that we have enough available marshals for all the races. You can, in addition to one of stock or 19, run Tam Mini or 12th scale. The thought is that 12th and Mini don't require as much maintenance or setup, so the drivers won't be "distracted" from their marshalling duties.

I think that's about it. Please post any other questions here and someone will answer. The hobby shops are in the process of bringing in brushless gear. PM, our title sponsor shop, just got a bunch of stock in and can help you with what specific gear will work for you. But please be very clear that brushed gear is still perfectly good, and from our testing last year runs the same times as brushless. So don't at all feel you must head out and replace your good brushed gear if you don't want to. In some cases (Rod!) brushed motors are still faster, and the ESC's are smaller and lighter. So don't feel at all that there's a big need or advantage in a racing environment to switch.

Finally, the club will be organizing group purchases of Jaco tires, SMC batteries & Niftech through PM. The distributor is just getting back from IIC at Vegas, and will have the info on this years new cells. I'll work out the details and pricing after then and will get the info out to you.

As always, our major focus is to have fun, in a friendly, family environment. Our club is regarded throughout Western Canada as the nicest, most fun, most polite club, and from all the smiling faces at the AGM, this year will be even better. No other club has the suggested practice that if you take someone out, you pull over and wait for them to get going again. We don't discriminate between anyone in the first round of qualifiers. People new to the club race right beside 20-year veterans and from discussion at the AGM, both the new guys and the veterans like it that way! We've got new carpet, a new race control/sound system cabinet, a well oiled machine, and the only venue I know of where we can keep our carpet up for a month and have 2 weekly practice nights. Other clubs have to set up and tear down anytime they want to race, meaning they have a lot less opportunity to practice. Take advantage of it guys, it's one of the main reasons why CarCar usually takes home most of the hardware at the WCICS races.

Go fast, keep the shiny side up, and we'll see everyone out there.

Josh Carter
863-9003
[email protected]
Old 10-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for that post Josh, it answered my questions.

You summed up every detail at the AGM that i can remember, nice!

Also looking forward to the new indoor season!!

Nate
Old 10-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default indoor season

I second the post by Josh. I am pleased to see that 10.5 brushless will be allowed to run with 19T. I am stoked for the upcoming season and ready to race the Type-R. From what I have read, 3 were in the A main at Vegas for 19T. If it sounds like I am braggin, its not the case, I'm just excited... Maybe PM will have part support by the end of the season.

Let the racing begin...

Gordon

PS. Not sure if I will make it out tomorrow or Friday, but for sure next week. Also wondering if someone has a spare transponder that they are looking to sell. If so, let me know.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Thanks guys. Well our opening night last night was a blast! Lot's of fun, and I'm really happy to see so many smiles at meating old friends again, it's what makes our club the best!

Looks like the only mistake I made in "The Post" was the practice night coordinators, Jim and Mario are Tuesday, Ian is Wed. Thanks in advance to these volunteers, they're the ones that make our practice nights possible.

Last night saw a wide range of equipment, which is great. I'm still running my brushed until I get everything changed over, and even running the same motor I ran at DTP and hot August night, without a rebuild, nobody out there could beat me! (Although Greg and I were never on the track at the same time, I think he was scared) Anyway, just wanted to ensure everyone that indeed, there's nothing wrong with running brushed, it's as fast if not faster.

Still working on the brochure, I finally got a copy of the old one yesterday, so once I'm back from Thanksgiving weekend I'll design up a new one. Same with the sign-in sheet (thanks Colin-who was already looking for it last night). Just got it yesterday so I'll have it done by Wed practice.

Also still working on the club buys for batteries, tires, niftech and possibly transponders. They will all be done through PM, but I'm working out the pricing and details, and will hopefully have everything done by early next week.

Take care everyone, and have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

Josh
Old 10-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yeah, the one time I remember and it's not there.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default New and Used Items for Sale on Friday

Hi Guys

As most of you all know, I have a LARGE amount of Steve Tang's RC stuff to sell for him.

I will have at the track (for CarCar members only)

GRP, Speedmind, ect : NEW in box Foam tires. $5.00 for 2 pairs.

Yokomo, ect: NEW Rubber tires and inserts. (for GT class and outdoor racing) $10.00 for 4tires with inserts.

New stock and 19T motors: $30.00 ea or $50.00 for 2

Used motors Stock/Mod/19T(still sweet): $20.00ea or $30.00 for 2

I will have a few TC cars with parts ect, and a few other things for sale as well.

Bring cash or checks (non rubber please).

This is a great chance to get some sweet stuff cheap!

See you all on friday. I will be racing my mini. 2 packs should last the night???
I hope!
Old 10-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

talking of things for sale ;
I have Gregs spare T2 007 that I need to sell.
I'll bring it with me on Friday.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

so then, what Brushless ESC is all the "cool" guys running?
Old 10-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Mike,
come see me Wednesday or Friday evening, I'll show you the speedo to get

Stu
Old 10-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Oh no, Tall skinny guy wearing a speedo. I'm glad I'm 10 hours away right now...........lol
Old 10-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
Oh no, Tall skinny guy wearing a speedo. I'm glad I'm 10 hours away right now...........lol
10 hours, and also in your own world
Since my Wife starting dressing me ( about 10 minutes after meeting her!) no more speedo wearing for me....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.