Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been told that Sherif Joe's newly trained "sause dog" will be on site. This may have an impact on the overall entry list.

I hear coffee grounds may mask the smell
Old 01-17-2014, 12:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tradin Paint
I've been told that Sherif Joe's newly trained "sause dog" will be on site. This may have an impact on the overall entry list.

I hear coffee grounds may mask the smell
Brother, here at the Sauce Wagon we guarantee that our sauces are 100% un detectable by TSA, Border Patrol, and Joe Lacey's nose or your money back!
Old 01-17-2014, 12:56 AM
Tech Regular

APPLY VASALINE AND PAM COOKING SPRAY TO THE TIRES AND SET THEM IN A PRE HEATED OVEN SET A 750 DEG FOR 27 1/2 HOURS THEN TAKE 4 TABLE SPOONS OF BUTTER FOR EACH TIRE AND WRAP EACH TIRE INDIVIDUALY IN TINFOIL WITH THE BUTTER AND STICK THEM ON THE BBQ FOR ABOUT 45 MIN, LET THE TIRES COOL. APPLY A LIBERAL AMOUNT OF MOLY GREASE TO THE RIMS, INSTALL TIRES AND OFF YOU GO!
Old 01-17-2014, 02:03 AM
Tech Adept

I get banning sauce. Personally I used to feel sick the next day after using BK sauce on my tires all night.

But that said, it could cause more problems that it solves depending on how much traction the track has. If there is a ton of traction and unsauced clay tires work awesome (ie West Coast RC), it won't be an issue. But if softened and/or sauced tires work better than unsauced (ie OCRC), the cheater accusations and conspiracy theories will fly.

I mean the track isn't even open yet and within hours of announcing the rule Bert Jones has quit his job and started a secret saucing business. Sheeesh.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
Just run them dude. You'll be fine. The whole "no sauce" thing is only something they can control at the track. Unless Joe is the designated "tire smeller" at tech?
Was just trying not to step on any toes or be the cause for issues if I did that.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lowjacey
Not sure, I did not volunteer to be tire sniffer but I have no clue as far as if you can run tires that have been sauced before or not, the decision hasn't been made on that, I just know that we are not allowing traction additives to be used at the new facility.
No problem Joe,

Just want to make sure all is good. Since saucing is something my local track allows, I know I don't have much of anything that hasn't been sauced that'll work. Hope it's not an issue, but will plan accordingly.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sounds good! Hope I'm answering all the questions you have lol
Old 01-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lowjacey
Sounds good! Hope I'm answering all the questions you have lol
Joe,

You're doing good so far. I have a number of other questions as well, but I think it may be too far out to have any definite answer just yet. I do check the cactus site for updates and check the SRS face book page as well. All in trying to get the latest info I can find. So far you have been able to provide a lot of info, so I can't complain. LOL. Hope the move goes well and things fall into place smoothly. Can't wait to get there.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Clement
I mean the track isn't even open yet and within hours of announcing the rule Bert Jones has quit his job and started a secret saucing business. Sheeesh.
Trevor, you're always welcome in the sauce wagon. Just dont bring the cops. I wont go down for illegal saucing again man, I'll take everyone in the wagon with me!!!!!!!!!! MEXICO BOUND

Can you say el vagón de Salsa?
Old 01-20-2014, 12:02 PM
Tech Adept

The no sauce rule is an attempt to give everyone the best race/practice experience we can (we all no the cons of saucing).

However if after testing and club racing it is apparent that the dirt will not provide enough grip to create a fun and competitive track we will allow it.

That is not to say that just because Joe's VP PRO's tires are lose we will allow sauce. It will take a majority of the Pro level drivers input before I will consider reversing this.

As soon as I run on the dirt I will post my findings for you guys
Old 01-20-2014, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ricky G
...As soon as I run on the dirt I will post my findings for you guys
I thought you said "pro level drivers input"
E
Old 01-20-2014, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EricF
I thought you said "pro level drivers input"
E
I did.

I don't consider myself a "Pro" just saying I will give people an idea before doors open on what to expect as far as grip and what tires to try first.

Last edited by Ricky G; 01-20-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default tire components

Ricky

I am far from professional. But a number of the compounds are designed for open air application. Not sure we want to have any level of contaminates in an indoor track operation.
While the tire preparations are not very expensive, do we need to add another cost to a sport that continues to price out folks from competing?

Just my thoughts, and I do expect to be 'flamed'.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I am hoping that the no sauce policy stays in affect. If it is determined that the traction isn't there without sauce, make a spec sauce available for all to use so that we have an even playing field and no one has to deal with the head aches the BK sauce and others cause.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ricky G
The no sauce rule is an attempt to give everyone the best race/practice experience we can (we all no the cons of saucing).

However if after testing and club racing it is apparent that the dirt will not provide enough grip to create a fun and competitive track we will allow it.

That is not to say that just because Joe's VP PRO's tires are lose we will allow sauce. It will take a majority of the Pro level drivers input before I will consider reversing this.

As soon as I run on the dirt I will post my findings for you guys

Thanks for posting,

I can fully understand the why's and hope all works out to have the best race racers can have. Should you come to a point where the decision has to be reversed for saucing, I do like the idea posted above of having a "spec" sauce, then things should be more apples to apples for everyone. At least in theory.

I think one thing that could be a key difference would be if the track will be ran wet, with regular watering (though I know it could slow the race program) or dry. If it's similar to my local track, the difference is huge and very noticeable. Hope that won't be the case there. Either way, I plan on having fun.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.