Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRC
I'm having problems getting air in a couple of my shocks after just a couple of practice runs.

On the shocks, I'm running the TLR shock caps (with the bleed hole) with bladders and new seals on the shafts.

Any idea where the air is coming from?

Don C
the cap, losi has a o-ring that goes under the cap now in the shock body...its on losi's website under tech tips or something like that.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastchvy
the cap, losi has a o-ring that goes under the cap now in the shock body...its on losi's website under tech tips or something like that.
He is running bladder shocks. They should seal. If you have rebuilt the shocks a few times may be time to replace the bladders.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRC
I'm having problems getting air in a couple of my shocks after just a couple of practice runs.

On the shocks, I'm running the TLR shock caps (with the bleed hole) with bladders and new seals on the shafts.

Don C
You don't run the seals on the shafts (new o-rings) with the bladders.... you have to pick one or the other.

http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2012_09_01_archive.html

I still prefer the cut bladders, they seem to seal the best out of the 3 Losi options.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Hum i may buy one of those those stock SCTE spur gears are loud lol !
You'll definitely like them. I've been running the production prototype ones for months now without any issues . I use the 41 tooth religiously on indoor tracks and the 39 on large tracks when I want more top end.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

No Tekno...a mugen prototype is getting built for me right now..truck is unreal....the MIP kit is awesome too!
Robby Collins is a great guy and Mugen has great products as well. Good luck with everything
Old 12-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys/gals...i just bought a new losi ten scte with mip and tlr kits. Is anyone running the grease in the diff's instead of diff fluid? I'm thinking about keeping the grease in the diff's, they are way smooth. If so, what type/brand grease are you running?
Old 12-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

read the last 5-10 pages...some guys have been talking about it actually so good timing
Old 12-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

I have been testing the new Avid Pistons in the scte. Yesterday I was messing with the 1.5x1.1 front and 1.6x1.1 rear. I found the truck to be much more nimble than with the typical #3/#4 Piston Setup. Its been a bit warm here (80's), So I was running 50 Front/45 Rear. I will be testing more as we at Avid also have 4 Hole 1.3 and the 2 Hole 1.6 Pistons as well.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MIP MATT
Hey guys just wanted to give you a heads up the MIP has just released brand new spur gears for the Losi SCTe platform! These new spurs are made in the USA out of Nylon and machined to perfection! The gears come in two different sizes:

39 T (#12198) - Smoother bottom and higher top end (Recommended for larger tracks)

41 T (#12199) - More bottom (punch) and lower top end (Recommended for smaller tracks)

(compared to stock 40T)

From many testimonials these new gears cut the SCTe noise level drastically and of course help performance!

http://miponline.com/store/Losi_Ten-...pUp_Parts.html
Can I buy these from other online stores ?
I'd buy instantly but I think $18 shipping to the Netherlands for a $15 part is a bit over the top for a part that fits in an envelope
Old 12-04-2012, 02:28 AM
Tech Addict

Had a total 3,5h diff rebuild party with a friend after a weekend race and thought to share a few things.

CA holds up in the front but not in the rear. In the back the CA was completely gone, because of wobble but in the front we couldn't get the inserts out even with a hammer. This was identical to both the trucks. The rear inserts had a lot of wear marks to them so I installed the aluminium rear holders and shimmed properly. Had to use two shims to push the gear nearer the pinion and one on the other side to limit slop. Lets see how the holders and shimming work, I have a feeling that shimming at least should be mandatory.

We built the other diffs except the front with RTV only and used RTV in the cup holder screw area and after the gear was in place another squirt in the screw hole so that all possible ways for the oil to escape was closed.

I hope to rc god that they will hold up more than one race now.

BTW: Super customer care from Losi/Ryan I got. Thanks for that!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pygmy
I'd buy instantly but I think $18 shipping to the Netherlands for a $15 part is a bit over the top for a part that fits in an envelope
$15 for a spur plastic gear? Never would have occurred to me if I hadn't seen this post.

Robinson sells machined spur gears for $7 (and 64 pitch - a lot more machining). I guess MIP has a long way to go to improve their production processes.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sorry to have to ask this, but why couldn't you just not put a lower/higher pinion to get the same result. I have never understood gearing in the way of changing out spur gears instead of just changing the pinion size.

On a side note, I have also started to use the Kyosho grease. Using 5000, 15000,5000. It seems to work really well but it does loosen up some after running due to heat. May try out other grease (AKA parts stores) due to Kyosho grease is $$$.

[QUOTE=MIP MATT;11511502]Hey guys just wanted to give you a heads up the MIP has just released brand new spur gears for the Losi SCTe platform! These new spurs are made in the USA out of Nylon and machined to perfection! The gears come in two different sizes:

39 T (#12198) - Smoother bottom and higher top end (Recommended for larger tracks)

41 T (#12199) - More bottom (punch) and lower top end (Recommended for smaller tracks)

(compared to stock 40T)

From many testimonials these new gears cut the SCTe noise level drastically and of course help performance!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

If the spur makes the drive train quieter then it must be more efficient???? but would it be enough to notice??? think i will be sticking to stock spurs and changing pinions to suit the track for now
Old 12-04-2012, 08:48 AM
DRC
Tech Initiate

Don C

I'm thinking those "O rings" are for emulsion shock setups and not for a bladder setup, is that right?

Don C
Old 12-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pygmy
You've got mail

Originally Posted by ta_man
$15 for a spur plastic gear? Never would have occurred to me if I hadn't seen this post.

Robinson sells machined spur gears for $7 (and 64 pitch - a lot more machining). I guess MIP has a long way to go to improve their production processes.
MIP does a blank spur and we actually have Robinson cut the teeth for us. So of course our spurs will be a little more. Plus alot more material in a mod 1 gear than a 64 pitch one.

And of course vs a stock spur these are machined not molded. It costs more and takes longer but produces a more refined product. AMERICA lol

Originally Posted by s14det
Sorry to have to ask this, but why couldn't you just not put a lower/higher pinion to get the same result. I have never understood gearing in the way of changing out spur gears instead of just changing the pinion size.
Changing a spur gives you a more refined increment of change. So for instance:

Going from same spur to different pinion
40 / 14 = 2.857
40/ 13 = 3.077
2.857/3.077 = .9327 .... 1 - .9327 = 6.7% Differential

Now going from the same pinion to a different spur
40/14 = 2.857
41/14 = 2.928
2.857/2.928 = .9757 .... 1 - .9757 = 2.4% Differential

(check gear chart below as well)

As you can see it does make a difference just in a smaller amount than a pinion would. Have you ever wanted a little more or less but haven't been able to accomplish that with pinions? Basically you can look at the spurs as splitting a pinion in half like going from a 13 to a 13.5 pinion if one existed.

Hope this helps clerify a little more of what the spurs accomplish

Originally Posted by .AJ.
If the spur makes the drive train quieter then it must be more efficient???? but would it be enough to notice??? think i will be sticking to stock spurs and changing pinions to suit the track for now
The noise reduction is only an added benefit of the spur but not its soul function. The new spurs are a tuning function not just a noise reducer.

They are more than proven by winning the Jconcepts Indoor Nats overall series, Jconcepts Clash, OCRC Surf City Classic, and Shortcourse showdown finals. The spurs have been run the whole time with many comments that the truck is unbelievably quick and violently fast when it hits the track.

Try them out you wont regret it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Gear Ratio Chart.pdf (179.6 KB, 288 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.