Like Tree21Likes

Tekin Hotwire 3.0 Bluetooth Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 01:51 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Volition
Thanks for your reply Randy.

on Datalogs, my RPM data is showing as 3846rpm at rest. Is it safe to assume I just deduct that figure to get the true rpm. Is there a calibration for datalogging? TIA.

edit. Both ESC’s 2wd & 4wd buggy RS Pro BE are showing 3846rpm at rest. With this in regards to setting timing with RPM ranges. Should we take this 3846rpm into account?
At rest there should be zero rpm. What motor is this? What car? Battery? also what radio system? I have seen cooling fans throw noise on the line to create issues like this.
Old 05-26-2019, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm getting spoiled by this. I am used to bringing all the other stuff to program my RSX and RX8, and now the 3.0 takes so little room in my tool box, very nice.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Asking again, has the iOS hotwire app been updated to work with the RSX Pro now?
Old 05-29-2019, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mine works with the I phone. I usually have to hit retry, and it binds just fine.
mushroomed likes this.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Is there anyone with an iPhone and Hotwire 3.0 that can test the following?

Set the punch control to 10 (max) and verify on the ESC or hotwire on PC if the punch level is really at the max. When I set level 10 on my iPhone, it is only level 2 on PC. I have to set level 8 on my iPhone to get the max punch. And level 1 in hotwire on Iphone, is level 3 on PC.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:53 AM
Tech Regular

Which ESC? I will confirm tomorrow at the track.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mushroomed
Asking again, has the iOS hotwire app been updated to work with the RSX Pro now?
I spoke with Tekin tech this week and they said they are getting close for the fix to update the hotwire app. "Very close" was the term he used.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Volition
Which ESC? I will confirm tomorrow at the track.
Sorry, I just saw your message. I'm using an RX8 Gen3.
Volition likes this.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hotwire 3.0 and RSX Pro (Windows, Android, iOS)

Hi to everyone,
I too have some of the above troubles. I use an RSX and some RSX Pro. I have the same troubles with a clean Windows 10 N install on an laptop where Hotwire worked without troubles on Windows 7. I am quite sure that the problem with windows is connected to a library that may be on most machines, but not on all. Maybe Chris could post a checklist or even better a checktool which could list all important softwarecomponents on TEKIN User PCs. Like the directXdiagtool - this could speed up troubleshooting - if the problems are not exactly sorted out yet?.
I got in touch with TEKIN (Randy,..) cause my hotwire 3.0 did not liked the update either. I also reported some screenshots. I hope Randy will respond soon as it is a pain do not be able to load/save settings.

My Hotwire 3.0 connects and binds troubleless to Android and iphone (5s) - Android just fails after reading the ESC settings.
iOS is at least so kind posting why: ESC firmware is unknown to ... download latest app - and than quits.

For those who use windows with the screentroubles (missing filename field) I have a workaround - a very dirty one: Hotwire does install some default settings. I was able to use the right mouse menu to copy those whithin the dialogbox, rename them and save over them.
Not a usabilty master, but at least it works.

Sorry for my english, hope the things mentioned make sense to you.
Randy I would love to see a Hotwire 16.00 with the same GUI as the ServoGUI or all the features pumped into the Android app ;-)

Can anyone confirm a working bluetooth setup between an RSX pro and Hotwire 3.0? Mine just work via cable |-(((

Love my new RSX Pro's !!!
Old 06-21-2019, 12:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Also having issues - but still love the RSX pro :)

Hi,
i am a long time TEKIN racer and just swaped from my RSX and RS to the new RSX Pro. I really love the RSX Pro, but I sadly can confirm too to have troubles.
1. connecting a brand new Hotwire 3.0 via bluetooth stops on Android and iOS after reading the ESC settings (iOS is so kind to give a comment that the firmware is unknown and I should update my Hotwire)

Had no luck to upgrade viad cellphone yet, windows does not offer any upgrade (did it on older versions!)

2. I have visual troubles to set a filename in the Hotwire Software under Windows 10 on my Pit-Laptop (tried about 6 PCs Win10, some work, some have this behaviour)

Perhaps Chris could build us a "Tool" to check the PCs whats on them like directXdiag.
I am quite sure there is a library missing or any kind of driver is expected (which is not default .net 35
My PitLaptop worked great with Windows 7 - had to upgrade.

Gladly Hotwire 1 and 3 (don't have a 2.0) work without troubles via cable on Windows.

Would be great to hear some news from Randy
best regards
Antonio
PS.: I am no Apple User - what cable would I need to use my testing 5s to connect it to the Hotwire? (Do I need an OTG cable like on Android?)

Last edited by speedpixldriver; 06-24-2019 at 03:45 AM.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:06 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedpixldriver
Hi,
i am a long time TEKIN racer and just swaped from my RSX and RS to the new RSX Pro. I really love the RSX Pro, but I sadly can confirm too to have troubles.
1. connecting a brand new Hotwire 3.0 via bluetooth stops on Android and iOS after reading the ESC settings (iOS is so kind to give a comment that the firmware is unknown and I should update my Hotwire)

Had no luck to upgrade viad cellphone yet, windows does not offer any upgrade (did it on older versions!)

2. I have visual troubles to set a filename in the Hotwire Software under Windows 10 on my Pit-Laptop (tried about 6 PCs Win10, some work, some have this behaviour)

Perhaps Chris could build us a "Tool" to check the PCs whats on them like directXdiag.
I am quite sure there is a library missing or any kind of driver is expected (which is not default .net 35
My PitLaptop worked great with Windows 7 - had to upgrade.

Gladly Hotwire 1 and 3 (don't have a 2.0) work without troubles via cable on Windows.

Would be great to hear some news from Randy
best regards
Antonio
PS.: I am no Apple User - what cable would I need to use my testing 5s to connect it to the Hotwire? (Do I need an OTG cable like on Android?)
A few things. There are app updates undergoing testing alongside some new software we've been working on for the ESC's. The app update will fix connection issues on the latest esc's we've just released. We apologize for the delays.

Always use a PC to update your PC and Hotwire if/when prompted. You cannot use a cable with ANY iOS mobile product with a Hotwire. We spoke to Apple years ago, and were flat out told no. Hence the BlueTooth Hotwire.
The Hotwire should work just fine using a windows based PC. IF you're having issues, send me the info and I'll help sort out your issue(s).
Old 08-09-2019, 05:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was excited to see an update for the app on my iPhone. However, there are bugs in program which makes it useless. The torque level continuously goes back to 10 and when I try to change it throttle frequency changes to 12k. The brake frequency is changing on its own as well. Need to fix the bugs before release, because it is unusable at this time.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCMD
I was excited to see an update for the app on my iPhone. However, there are bugs in program which makes it useless. The torque level continuously goes back to 10 and when I try to change it throttle frequency changes to 12k. The brake frequency is changing on its own as well. Need to fix the bugs before release, because it is unusable at this time.
Oh snap. I didn't try to change settings yet with my phone since I had everything setup with my computer after the firmware update. Let's hope they fix it quickly.
It looks like someone submitted the app without testing it first...
Old 08-09-2019, 08:13 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by RCMD
We are not seeing these issues here. Yes we did test it in house and let our team test it before releasing it.

Please email us at [email protected] so we can figure this out.
What esc are you using it with?
What software version is in the esc?
What is the version number of the IOS app that is installed?
What Phone are you using?
Old 08-09-2019, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Email sent. Rsx pro and iPhone X. All versions are most recent. I updated esc firmware by computer to newest software before updated App was released. I had tried to connect to this esc in the past before the rsx pro was supported.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.