Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree21Likes

Tekin Hotwire 3.0 Bluetooth Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I know this is not the 2.0 thread, but I had to purchase one due to no stock of the 3.0.

What's up with the Hotwire pc software? I can't install on a Windows 10 machine. I have .Net 4.8 and it keeps telling me to install .Net 2.07??

Please help.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Centerline Racing
I know this is not the 2.0 thread, but I had to purchase one due to no stock of the 3.0.

What's up with the Hotwire pc software? I can't install on a Windows 10 machine. I have .Net 4.8 and it keeps telling me to install .Net 2.07??

Please help.
.net 2 is part of .net 3 and you should be able to enable it in your Windows Features. Control panel-Programs-Turn Windows Features on or off.
Old 01-04-2020, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trilerian
.net 2 is part of .net 3 and you should be able to enable it in your Windows Features. Control panel-Programs-Turn Windows Features on or off.
That worked. Thanks for the tip.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 122 (100%+)

Not working I have the 3.0 Bluetooth and it will not power up has anyone else had issues? It worked last weekend and this morning nothing
Old 01-19-2021, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default Update

Does the HotWire 3.0 have to be hooked up to a PC with a wire, or can I use the PC Bluetooth to connect to the Bluetooth 3.0 and do a software update to the Hotwire?
Old 01-19-2021, 04:57 PM
Team Tekin

You can only do software updates on PC or device with windows and a USB cable. We do not allow software updates for esc with Bluetooth connection with mobile devices, but interesting idea for PC with bluetooth. Currently there is no where in the windows program to connect with Bluetooth.
rgrg2 and Mahjik like this.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default Hotwire

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
You can only do software updates on PC or device with windows and a USB cable. We do not allow software updates for esc with Bluetooth connection with mobile devices, but interesting idea for PC with bluetooth. Currently there is no where in the windows program to connect with Bluetooth.
Thank you!
Old 01-30-2021, 08:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My HW 3.0 will not bind to my Pixel 5. Ive tried everything. First off the directions say to power on JUST the ESC, but when I do, no lights come on on the HW. I have to have my transmitter turned on to be able to get the blue flashing light. Aside from that I hooked up the ESC via USB to my PC and downloaded the software. Everything worked fine on PC via USB. First, I updated the FW, then I changed my setups to 3s and 7.4v BEC, then I made sure "Fan always on" was selected. After saving settings I re-calibrated the ESC and attempted to pair BT once again and it still doesnt work.
Old 02-01-2021, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rc10mike
My HW 3.0 will not bind to my Pixel 5. Ive tried everything. First off the directions say to power on JUST the ESC, but when I do, no lights come on on the HW. I have to have my transmitter turned on to be able to get the blue flashing light. Aside from that I hooked up the ESC via USB to my PC and downloaded the software. Everything worked fine on PC via USB. First, I updated the FW, then I changed my setups to 3s and 7.4v BEC, then I made sure "Fan always on" was selected. After saving settings I re-calibrated the ESC and attempted to pair BT once again and it still doesnt work.

One of the issues I ran into with one of my configs is that BT won't connect while my receiver is connected to the ESC:

Might try disconnecting the receiver and see if BT binds and connects.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Mahjik
One of the issues I ran into with one of my configs is that BT won't connect while my receiver is connected to the ESC:

Might try disconnecting the receiver and see if BT binds and connects.
This worked! Thanks a ton!
Mahjik likes this.
Old 04-11-2021, 06:16 AM
Tech Rookie

I purchased a hotwire BT. I have both a RSX Pro and a RS Pro BE. I can Bind the Hot wire (it says bind successful) but each time with either speed control it can't find. My trim is in the middle and locations are turned on in my Samsung Galaxy 9 .......it just says "no hotwire bluetooth found. I can use it with the cable to PC but I already had a hotwire for that . I bought this one for the bluetooth feature.
Old 04-14-2021, 04:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tkcamp
I purchased a hotwire BT. I have both a RSX Pro and a RS Pro BE. I can Bind the Hot wire (it says bind successful) but each time with either speed control it can't find. My trim is in the middle and locations are turned on in my Samsung Galaxy 9 .......it just says "no hotwire bluetooth found. I can use it with the cable to PC but I already had a hotwire for that . I bought this one for the bluetooth feature.
Make sure the bluetooth is turned on in your phone or tablet. I made this mistake once trying to bind and the bt was switched off on my ipad.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Centerline Racing

Please help.
Also note that due to some unknown .net framework procession of updates along the way windows 10 may have lost its certificate for HTTP activation and selecting 3.5 may not install properly however under that windows features on NET framework 3.5 the selection can be branched out and select only NON-HTTP activation.
Old 04-30-2021, 11:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 280 vs. 276 Firmware

I updated my RSX Pro to 280 and of course I lost the ability to use the Hotwire via Bluetooth. I didn't catch the disclaimer.
1. When do you think the app will be updated to work with 280?
2. Am I OK to reload 276? I am guessing it is OK to go back a software level since it still shows on the site.

Thanks