Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree21Likes

Tekin Hotwire 3.0 Bluetooth Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 11:38 AM
Owl
Tech Adept

Does anyone know the cost if I send my RX8 gen1 into tekin as a trade in for a gen3? I've found replacement cost, but not trade in cost.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owl
Does anyone know the cost if I send my RX8 gen1 into tekin as a trade in for a gen3? I've found replacement cost, but not trade in cost.
will run you about $130 to upgrade I believe. They have it posted on their website.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:27 PM
Owl
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lowspark

will run you about $130 to upgrade I believe. They have it posted on their website.
I seen the $130 but it also says "Does not reflect upgrade or trade-in cost". So I assumed that was repair cost for out of warranty items.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by semper
Q: I could not see a way to change throttle/brake frequency nor apply active drag (in demo mode at least). Does the option exist once connected to an actual esc (maybe just BE)?
Here are some screenshots from the mobile app. The PC app has the same options, but they are visually presented much better due to having more screen space.

Old 05-02-2019, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just got mine and already hooked up three cars, one RX8 and two RSX. Quick and easy. Wish I had this years ago. It said something about fan on and I just ignored it and no problems. It is so small and gets the job done.
Randy_Pike likes this.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Team Tekin
Any word on the update for the Hotwire app for the RSX-Pro? (iphone)
thanks
mushroomed likes this.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:44 PM
Tech Rookie

I have been looking for a way to set Active Drag Brake in the IOS app. Is this possible?

ETA: Never mind. I found it.
Randy_Pike likes this.

Last edited by adamhenry; 05-10-2019 at 09:01 PM. Reason: update.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I can't stop playing with this, so easy to use. Now I can make adjustments very quickly.
Randy_Pike likes this.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks to Tekin as always exceptional customer service. Allowed me to finally get my Bluetooth HotWire3, arrived today.

will allow me to easily dial in my ESC settings on Raceday and also support the other guys down here in Australia.

just a question

1. Only having setup on iOS, does android Bluetooth have datalogging capabilities? Or is Wired the current way to access data logs on windows/android?
2. Is datalogging on the roadmap for iOS/Bluetooth?

looking forward to getting this device out at the track. Also noticed exports of Dataogs to csv on PC was added. Wonderful!
Old 05-15-2019, 02:57 AM
Tech Elite

I received my Hotwire 3.0 yesterday and installed in on my Windows 10 PC (version 1809) to get started, but there a few things that I noticed.

1. I use a 27" 1440p monitor and the layout of the hotwire application is really tiny and there is no way to resize it. I had to sit 30cm from screen to see what I was doing.
2. The Save and Export setup button show a window to save to a folder, but the buttons and input field to choose a name don't show up, so I'm unable to make a save or export. I didn't try the load button, but I suppose it will be similar.
3. The data log window menu gets stuck when I click change a setting in the top menu, which is kinda annoying because I can't click anymore when this happens.

I tried both the classic and full version, but the same issues occur. The makes Hotwire barely usable on the latest Windows 10 build. I think an update is needed to make it work as it is expected.

On the other hand, the iOS works perfect and is easy to use. I don't take advantage of the bigger iPhone X screen size, but it works fine.
The only thing I didn't find was active brake or maybe that's because it's not supported on the RX8? Anyway, I won't use this function for my 1/8th scale buggy, but I thought I'd mention this.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:21 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Volition
Thanks to Tekin as always exceptional customer service. Allowed me to finally get my Bluetooth HotWire3, arrived today.

will allow me to easily dial in my ESC settings on Raceday and also support the other guys down here in Australia.

just a question

1. Only having setup on iOS, does android Bluetooth have datalogging capabilities? Or is Wired the current way to access data logs on windows/android?
2. Is datalogging on the roadmap for iOS/Bluetooth?

looking forward to getting this device out at the track. Also noticed exports of Dataogs to csv on PC was added. Wonderful!
Right now iOS doesn't have data logging. We are of course working on it.
Volition likes this.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:23 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morgoth
I received my Hotwire 3.0 yesterday and installed in on my Windows 10 PC (version 1809) to get started, but there a few things that I noticed.

1. I use a 27" 1440p monitor and the layout of the hotwire application is really tiny and there is no way to resize it. I had to sit 30cm from screen to see what I was doing.
2. The Save and Export setup button show a window to save to a folder, but the buttons and input field to choose a name don't show up, so I'm unable to make a save or export. I didn't try the load button, but I suppose it will be similar.
3. The data log window menu gets stuck when I click change a setting in the top menu, which is kinda annoying because I can't click anymore when this happens.

I tried both the classic and full version, but the same issues occur. The makes Hotwire barely usable on the latest Windows 10 build. I think an update is needed to make it work as it is expected.

On the other hand, the iOS works perfect and is easy to use. I don't take advantage of the bigger iPhone X screen size, but it works fine.
The only thing I didn't find was active brake or maybe that's because it's not supported on the RX8? Anyway, I won't use this function for my 1/8th scale buggy, but I thought I'd mention this.
While you cannot resize the window, you should see all the buttons. Do you have a custom color scheme in windows? Most times we see or hear complaints about something like this it's a color setting or other display setting.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
While you cannot resize the window, you should see all the buttons. Do you have a custom color scheme in windows? Most times we see or hear complaints about something like this it's a color setting or other display setting.
I have everything stock. Even my background is the default one.
I'll make some screenshots this weekend and post them so you can see where it goes wrong.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for your reply Randy.

on Datalogs, my RPM data is showing as 3846rpm at rest. Is it safe to assume I just deduct that figure to get the true rpm. Is there a calibration for datalogging? TIA.

edit. Both ESC’s 2wd & 4wd buggy RS Pro BE are showing 3846rpm at rest. With this in regards to setting timing with RPM ranges. Should we take this 3846rpm into account?

Last edited by Volition; 05-19-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Here are some screenshots of the problems and I wrote some info under the screenshots to clarify what's happening. I hope your team can reproduce the issue and find a fix for it. https://imgur.com/a/rQliN0o
I'm on Windows 10 1809 64-bit

And another thing I noticed: I set my torque limiter to 8 with the iPhone app yesterday and today I wanted to have a look at the logs and saw that my torque limiter was at max in the PC hotwire app. I verified again on my phone and it said 8.
I then changed my torque limiter to 8 on the PC and when I checked with my phone, it was set to 6. So it seems that the values on the PC and iOS app, don't show the same values for the torque limiter. The other values were OK and showed exactly the same on PC and iOS.

EDIT: I think it's a bug in the iOS app. When I torque limit to 8 in the iOS app, the lights on the speed control show all the leds. When I choose torque limit 10 (max) in the iOS app, only 1 led lights up on the speed control. It seems that 8 is max and 9-10 are the lowest values.

Last edited by morgoth; 05-24-2019 at 12:21 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.