Search
Like Tree4Likes

Viper RC -

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boborc
tried calling Viper Today, No answer just rang 20 times. No machine pick up or anything
Movin' on up... to the east side.... to a deluxe apartment in the skyyyy.......

Yes, they spent Friday, Saturday, Sunday moving into a new office. Hopefully the internet and phones surfaces will be set up Monday.

If you need anything.... email me at [email protected]
Old 07-19-2015, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TruggyStyle
Some Information for the new Stuff would be very nice. I need a new 1/8 ESC and my buddy loves his VTX8. So I would like to try a Viper ESC this time.
Will they come this year?
Would love for you to try our stuff..... unfortunately, it will be a little while before we have the new 1/8 stuff out.... Thank you for thinking of us and I hope you think about us when the new stuff is out!!!
Old 07-25-2015, 10:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

unfortunately my esc has DNF'd me for the last time. I'am getting a new one and since Viper is no longer doing anything in a timely manor I'am open for suggestions. I would like sensored
Novak Activ8 V2 with pit wizard
Tekin RX8
or I'am seeing things about this new Monster Mamaba Max pro 1/8 sensored and sensorless but I have a feeling it's not going to be to smooth. I know a lot here run SC so give your opinions need to pull the trigger in the next week or so. Have obligations next weekend so I will need it by the 8th
Old 07-27-2015, 06:26 AM
Tech Champion

unfortunately my esc has DNF'd me for the last time. I'am getting a new one and since Viper is no longer doing anything in a timely manor I'am open for suggestions. I would like sensored
Tekin RX8
or I'am seeing things about this new Monster Mamaba Max pro 1/8 sensored and sensorless but I have a feeling it's not going to be to smooth. I know a lot here run SC so give your opinions need to pull the trigger in the next week or so. Have obligations next weekend so I will need it by the 8th
Sorry to hear that you had an issue. Please PM me with any information on what happen, while I do fully admit that any esc can have issues, a high majority of the time, its not only the esc that causes the issue. Would be glad to try an help.

And no... none of the units you mentioned will be as smooth, or without their own faults.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the offer Nick but i have had it. Did a little math and out of my last 10 trips to the track 3 races each (2quals and main). So 30 heats. I have had 17 DNF'S for esc shut down or error. I dont see nothing new coming from viper and i cant wait any longer. Just want something half way decent so i can finish a race, not looking for the latest and greatest cause all i get with that is headaches. Never yhought i say it but a old simple GTB would make my day right now. Ill still check out the new Viper if it ever gets released
Old 07-27-2015, 11:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Haven't seen an issue with them backing away before unless there had been some force against them. You wouldn't believe how much 4wd SC chassis twist and flex. All that force has to go somewhere.
I'm pretty sure it is not possible for the motor to rub the chassis. I'm running the Tekno sct410.1 with the original motor mount, and have about 1/2' of clearance between the motor and chassis plate. I removed the motor checked everything out and snugged up the screws, I've ran the truck 5-6 times since and everything still looks good. For good measure I will just check them every once in awhile, for me thats no big deal. I just wanted to inform others that run the same vf4.40 motor to check the sensor screws, it may prevent someone from having a bad day. As I'm sure if the end came came off it would ruin the motor and possibly the esc.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Tekin RX8
After the gate driver failed in my Viper VTX-8 esc, I replaced it with a Tekin RX-8. My Tekno sct410 has been running great and without a glitch since. As of today I would recommend the Tekin and will continue to do so till it gives me a reason not to. The only complant that I have with the tekin is the hotwire is not as good as the program box from viper. I don't like having to haul my computer into the track to make adjustments to the ESC, and I can't get it to work on my Android tablet.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by red100076
After the gate driver failed in my Viper VTX-8 esc, I replaced it with a Tekin RX-8. My Tekno sct410 has been running great and without a glitch since. As of today I would recommend the Tekin and will continue to do so till it gives me a reason not to. The only complant that I have with the tekin is the hotwire is not as good as the program box from viper. I don't like having to haul my computer into the track to make adjustments to the ESC, and I can't get it to work on my Android tablet.
I have the same truck with same motor so I'll check the screws. Yeah I'm pretty much torn between the Tekin and HW right now. How adjustable is the tekin hear the HW is more simple but very dependable. The $$ are not a big deal if I have trouble free race days. Either people love the Tekin or they say it melted so that has me thinking, The Novak is just to big. I would like to have the hot wire work on phone or tab at most. I'll look into that more. If you don't mind what android version are you using Tekin says 3.1 or higher I have 4.4 and 5.0
Old 07-27-2015, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

I have the same truck with same motor so I'll check the screws. Yeah I'm pretty much torn between the Tekin and HW right now. How adjustable is the tekin hear the HW is more simple but very dependable. The $$ are not a big deal if I have trouble free race days. Either people love the Tekin or they say it melted so that has me thinking, The Novak is just to big. I would like to have the hot wire work on phone or tab at most. I'll look into that more. If you don't mind what android version are you using Tekin says 3.1 or higher I have 4.4 and 5.0
The Tekin seems to be quite flexible to me. I don't think the adjustments are as finite as the vtx-8, but are more than adequate. For example the Tekin BEC voltage is either 6.0 or 7.4 volts as where you could set the Viper anywhere in between. If you have a Android tablet you can download the Hotwire app and run it in demo mode and take a look at everything that you are able to program. One benefit that I have not heard many people talk about is that the RX-8 weighs 36 grams less than the VTX-8.

It turns out that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 does not support USB OTG so it will not work with the hotwire no matter what version of the android software I run. It boils down to a hardware problem not a software problem.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

About 3 or so years ago I went Viper on the advice of a trusted friend. I run 2 & 4WD 1/10 stuff. Knock on wood, nothing but solid running. Since my first Viper setup the performance has always been consistent and when I make my changes the adjustments make a difference. Viper racers 4, 5 and 6 are on the way, more classes mean more fun.

Sorry red and bobo. I know people are not pleased because it is difficult to get their hands on Viper ESCs right now but you have to be smart and resourceful. People are selling so get in the way and keep looking until you find what you need. I choose to say nothing about other brands, enough has been said and Nikos may agree. When the new stuff is ready I will be buying.

The last VTX10 BE at my LHS had to be mine. It will end up in my RB6 Mod
buggy. There is a bit of work to be done to get it all together Wednesday night racing.

My Short Course 4WD plan was to wait for the VTX8 replacement before building a SCT410.3, my SCT410 is still plenty of fun. That was until I was able to acquire a new VTX8 last Thursday on RC Tech. I was looking and I got Lucky. Now I just need a kit, a servo and a handful of upgrade parts to vastly accelerate the project. This is kinda like early Christmas.

I am on the hunt for another good VTX10R BE and I am hoping I will be fortunate again.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by red100076
The Tekin seems to be quite flexible to me. I don't think the adjustments are as finite as the vtx-8, but are more than adequate. For example the Tekin BEC voltage is either 6.0 or 7.4 volts as where you could set the Viper anywhere in between. If you have a Android tablet you can download the Hotwire app and run it in demo mode and take a look at everything that you are able to program. One benefit that I have not heard many people talk about is that the RX-8 weighs 36 grams less than the VTX-8.

It turns out that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 does not support USB OTG so it will not work with the hotwire no matter what version of the android software I run. It boils down to a hardware problem not a software problem.
Now I know why that otg didn't work on my tab 3 thanks
Old 07-28-2015, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by youwish16
If there is someone out there that is looking to buy a VTX8 and don't want to go with anything else, I may be willing to part with mine (also have a programmer card and the PC link). I love it but all my other motors/ESCs are Tekin (when I was in the market, I couldn't find a VTX8 so I went with Tekin).

If someone does want/need it, I wont be able to sell it until after Saturday (8/1). I have a race that day and 2 weeks before the next one.
OK, consider the tree shaken. Get it if you want it, thanks Allen
Old 07-29-2015, 06:31 AM
Tech Champion

Anyone ever hear the story of the Phoenix?.....

Yes, we have not had VTX8's and other speed controls in quite a while. There are business reasons for that...and you will get to learn about that in the coming weeks.

In our "downtime", we have worked to strengthen our organization for the future, develop new products and entire brand new product lines. Our group is more than a one trick pony... can't wait for everyone to see more of what we have been working on.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GIHOSU
About 3 or so years ago I went Viper on the advice of a trusted friend. I run 2 & 4WD 1/10 stuff. Knock on wood, nothing but solid running. Since my first Viper setup the performance has always been consistent and when I make my changes the adjustments make a difference. Viper racers 4, 5 and 6 are on the way, more classes mean more fun.

Sorry red and bobo. I know people are not pleased because it is difficult to get their hands on Viper ESCs right now but you have to be smart and resourceful. People are selling so get in the way and keep looking until you find what you need. I choose to say nothing about other brands, enough has been said and Nikos may agree. When the new stuff is ready I will be buying.

The last VTX10 BE at my LHS had to be mine. It will end up in my RB6 Mod
buggy. There is a bit of work to be done to get it all together Wednesday night racing.

My Short Course 4WD plan was to wait for the VTX8 replacement before building a SCT410.3, my SCT410 is still plenty of fun. That was until I was able to acquire a new VTX8 last Thursday on RC Tech. I was looking and I got Lucky. Now I just need a kit, a servo and a handful of upgrade parts to vastly accelerate the project. This is kinda like early Christmas.

I am on the hunt for another good VTX10R BE and I am hoping I will be fortunate again.
Just so we are clear, I'm not in anyway badmouthing Viper. I currently run and enjoy the there VF4.40 motor and will recommend them to anyone that is looking for a strong 540 can motor, I like it so much that I may be buying the VF4.45 motor here soon, so I can keep up with the guys running 550 HD motors without adding the weight of a 550 motor.

Good for you that you are a Viper diehard, am I to be tarred and feathered because I run a Tekin ESC with a Viper motor? I am not loyal to any one brand, I run what I think is going to serve me the best at that point in time. Choosing not say say anything about other brands is your choice, but that is not what Boborc was looking for. Boborc was looking for fellow members opinions regarding a replacement speed control, since I was in the same boat and Viper does not have anything new to offer him at this time, I am sharing my opinion. If this was wrong because I'm talking about a Tekin product in the Viper forum, please let me know and I will take it elsewhere.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

Default VF4.40 vs. VF4.45

I'm looking into possibly changing my motor in my Tekno sct410. I currently run the Viper VF4.40 and it is a torque monster. I would like to get a motor that has a little more top end and was looking at the VF4.45. Has anyone ran both motors, how do they compare?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.