Search
Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 03:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lightfoot
They are cheaper then Tamiya, but like all the hobby stores I called, the don't have the part... but it's always good to have another source to check... Thanks
i'm sorry - i didn't even realize they were outta stock when i posted that link

my bad
Old 04-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Chris--heard youse was looking for me. Sorry haven't been on lately, will listen for the page next time.
no worries... ill talk to you about it next time im at the track. no rush.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
Track Report during practice after finally finding speed in my SPX to rival that of the Tekin in GT2 class..

after returning to the pits for a compare and contrast.

Anonymous Racers: MAN Orlando your car was fast!!
Orlando: Yeah, i did a lil homework and finally figured a way to keep up with you guys.
Anonymous Racers: Yeah your car looked good out there.
Orlando : Yeah, thanks. But you guys could still pull me at the end if i didnt enter the Straightaway correctly.
Anonymous Racers: Yeah, but you had a lil more torque than us. You got a Tekin in the there; dont you?
Orlando: Not, I just put a 10.5 in there with my SPX.
Anonymous Racers: (silent )
Orando: Yeah, I think im gonna ask Fred if i can run the 10.5 with my SPX aginst all the Tekins.
Anonymous Racers: NO, Thats not fair you had more torque than us.
Orlando:

had to post it.. GOOD TIMES!!!
Hey O - it was fun runing with you this last Saturday. You have my vote to allow you to run your 10.5 / SPX against my 13.5 / Tekin in GT-1 next month. You had the grunt off the corners but I did have the top end. Now if we can just get Sir Walter and Alex Never-ready to agree....
Old 04-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

So has anything become of the Specing of GT2 class?

How is the Tamiya setup testing going? Still testing? The system actually looks pretty nice.. and had the hobby shop price one out at $135. Not too bad at all for the whole setup. They say that this system is equivalent to a 23T Brushed motor, which seems to be about right.

What do you think will happen with F1 for next year? Will it remain silver cans or will it go brushless?
Old 04-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Hey O - it was fun runing with you this last Saturday. You have my vote to allow you to run your 10.5 / SPX against my 13.5 / Tekin in GT-1 next month. You had the grunt off the corners but I did have the top end. Now if we can just get Sir Walter and Alex Never-ready to agree....
PlasticFantastic just cant hang with CarbonChassied wonders in GT1.. That is why im running GT2

thanks for the offer tho'
Old 04-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Chris Furman
So has anything become of the Specing of GT2 class?

How is the Tamiya setup testing going? Still testing? The system actually looks pretty nice.. and had the hobby shop price one out at $135. Not too bad at all for the whole setup. They say that this system is equivalent to a 23T Brushed motor, which seems to be about right.

What do you think will happen with F1 for next year? Will it remain silver cans or will it go brushless?
I got a chance to try a ride with a TAMIYA brushless system. Feels VERY good and smooth for a non-sensored unit.. I would say it is definitely faster than 23t or 27t.. Almost 19t brushed.. But not near the boosted 17.5 we see today. I am all for it..
Old 04-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Default Something in a pastel

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Is this the class where you run a 10.5 with an SPX ?
I just need a bright car to follow around in the dark for the main.
The Costco Sooby is a wee bit hard to see.
So please paint your car bright pink or something easy for me to see Stevetech.
I promise I won't hit your car...
too hard
Dave, the GT3 I was offering has a nice pretty bright blue NSX body, very sweet handling, very nice. Can also be equipped with an unobtanium lightweight NSX body of same color, if you like...
It'd be worth it just to see the look on Steve's face.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default Lovin' the plastic fantastic

PlasticFantastic just cant hang with CarbonChassied wonders in GT1.. That is why im running GT2

thanks for the offer tho'
Hey Orlando, if I run GT2, can I bring up the rear? Somebody's got to. I have the "special" speedo, and as soon as I figure out how to get it to stop lugging in the infield, I could try to keep up.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Dave, the GT3 I was offering has a nice pretty bright blue NSX body, very sweet handling, very nice. Can also be equipped with an unobtanium lightweight NSX body of same color, if you like...
It'd be worth it just to see the look on Steve's face.
Tom if this is the car you ran at the last regional race then definitely I say "NO!" that car was handling good and I had a real tough time making my car 10 ft wide blocking you everywhere.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

I got a chance to try a ride with a TAMIYA brushless system. Feels VERY good and smooth for a non-sensored unit.. I would say it is definitely faster than 23t or 27t.. Almost 19t brushed.. But not near the boosted 17.5 we see today. I am all for it..
Now, lets say hypothetically that this will be the system we all run in GT-2 and Fred enforce this rule at the nats, and tamiya can bring the cost down to about $100 per set and all GT-2 guys will have to run this unit, and it will be the spec system from here on forward in the GT-2 class...how many of you would spend that $100 at nats?

(I would)

Steve
Old 04-27-2010, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by teamstrc
Now, lets say hypothetically that this will be the system we all run in GT-2 and Fred enforce this rule at the nats, and tamiya can bring the cost down to about $100 per set and all GT-2 guys will have to run this unit, and it will be the spec system from here on forward in the GT-2 class...how many of you would spend that $100 at nats?

(I would)

Steve
me too.. this is part of the reason why i havent bought a Tekin or anyother fancy speedo... might have to turn around and buy something else... at least i dont have to buy some add-on and a laptop for this system to get its full potential..

Last edited by OSherman; 04-28-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Hey Orlando, if I run GT2, can I bring up the rear? Somebody's got to. I have the "special" speedo, and as soon as I figure out how to get it to stop lugging in the infield, I could try to keep up.
you wont be in the rear.. i know you have skills

go spend more money to buy a blackobox and a pc/laptop just so you can adjust that fancy speedo then it wont be so sluggish..
Old 04-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Default FWD is back

Yes Please!

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products...3pro/index.htm

new TCS class

Steve
Old 04-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Me likey
Old 04-28-2010, 12:56 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

One rumor I heard was that the FF03 would eventually become the required car for GT3.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.