Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 04-28-2010, 02:27 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

that would make sense, nice fun class on can motors.

was darn close to gettin an f104 since 103s are hard to find. wanted that f60 and waited for about a wk for speedtech to get em back in stock. he does 2day and tells me he's raisin the price back up 50bux. DAMMIT!!

R
Old 04-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
One rumor I heard was that the FF03 would eventually become the required car for GT3.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
I vote yes on this

steve
Old 04-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamstrc
Now, lets say hypothetically that this will be the system we all run in GT-2 and Fred enforce this rule at the nats, and tamiya can bring the cost down to about $100 per set and all GT-2 guys will have to run this unit, and it will be the spec system from here on forward in the GT-2 class...how many of you would spend that $100 at nats?

(I would)

Steve

LOL.. already went out and got one. Came in yesterday, going to run it just to try it out. I just had to! Too cool of an idea!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:36 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

is the 104 class on rubber tires or foam. site says rubber but i've been told by some other racers that at least at 1 event already this yr all cars were on foam and broken into 2 classes by chassis? help?

R
Old 04-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Now, lets say hypothetically that this will be the system we all run in GT-2 and Fred enforce this rule at the nats, and tamiya can bring the cost down to about $100 per set and all GT-2 guys will have to run this unit, and it will be the spec system from here on forward in the GT-2 class...how many of you would spend that $100 at nats?

(I would)

Steve
I might be tempted even if I did not run GT2 while at the Nats.

Although since everybody is speaking "hypothetically" what if this became the new GT1, GT3 became GT2 and FF03 that will be done in theaters.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Nothing but the best

Tom if this is the car you ran at the last regional race then definitely I say "NO!" that car was handling good and I had a real tough time making my car 10 ft wide blocking you everywhere.
Yep, that's the one. Nothing like a good old TA05R. And chasing you with it was a highlight of that race for me. Now that I'll have to invest in an FF03 to run GT3, it's a bit of a shame. So I'd like to see it run at least once more, for old timers' sake.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Tech Regular

Default skills needed with a computer

Originally Posted by OSherman
you wont be in the rear.. i know you have skills

go spend more money to buy a blackobox and a pc/laptop just so you can adjust that fancy speedo then it wont be so sluggish..
You're very kind. Hebiki has been helpful on this, shout-out to the big H. I do in fact have the hotwire, but have been lazy and keep forgetting to bring my laptop. Also too cheap to buy a web-book. I guess I better bring the big table this weekend, so I have room for the computer and the tire truer.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
You're very kind. Hebiki has been helpful on this, shout-out to the big H. I do in fact have the hotwire, but have been lazy and keep forgetting to bring my laptop. Also too cheap to buy a web-book. I guess I better bring the big table this weekend, so I have room for the computer and the tire truer.
make sure you keep the tire truer on one end of the table and the computer at the other end....foam bits on a lap top can make a messy keyboard

Steve
Old 04-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Hey Tom.
Bring your gear over to TQ Sat eve, and I'll help you sort it out.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default Foamy performance

make sure you keep the tire truer on one end of the table and the computer at the other end....foam bits on a lap top can make a messy keyboard

Steve
Aw man, I like that feeling of rubber marbles under my fingers as I type. Besides, Kevin CBR was telling me that tire bits would make my broadband modem work faster.
RedBull: can do. You going to do some F1? I gots a nice F103 with graphite chassis what likes that track very much. Also, you get my response to your request? I got the e-mail. PM me if you need.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

For those who have been waiting, the latest production run of Red Dot silver can motors will begin to ship today.

This is our annual 'Memphis TCS' run, for the Memphis "no RPM limit" event in a few weeks. We pull out all the stops for this run each year, and this one is no different- lots of very tasty motors in this batch.

Interested parties should drop me a line at [email protected] before they're all gone.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
you wont be in the rear.. i know you have skills

go spend more money to buy a blackobox and a pc/laptop just so you can adjust that fancy speedo then it wont be so sluggish..
Steve and Orlando - I would get the Tamiya system if it became spec for GT-2 and I think the rest of the Hong Kong mafia I race with would too.

Tom - you can use my black box and PC to adjust that new fancy speedo. Just ignore the "Warning - Area 51" stickers on the lap top.

Dave - would this be bright enough to follow ? I even have the lights working in case it gets dark again.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-pink-merc-005.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-pink-merc-006.jpg  
Old 04-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Steve and Orlando - I would get the Tamiya system if it became spec for GT-2 and I think the rest of the Hong Kong mafia I race with would too.

Tom - you can use my black box and PC to adjust that new fancy speedo. Just ignore the "Warning - Area 51" stickers on the lap top.

Dave - would this be bright enough to follow ? I even have the lights working in case it gets dark again.
That looks just right Kevin.
Does your husband let your drive it
Old 04-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ooh

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.