Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree822Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 04-25-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
Track Report during practice after finally finding speed in my SPX to rival that of the Tekin in GT2 class..

after returning to the pits for a compare and contrast.

Anonymous Racers: MAN Orlando your car was fast!!
Orlando: Yeah, i did a lil homework and finally figured a way to keep up with you guys.
Anonymous Racers: Yeah your car looked good out there.
Orlando : Yeah, thanks. But you guys could still pull me at the end if i didnt enter the Straightaway correctly.
Anonymous Racers: Yeah, but you had a lil more torque than us. You got a Tekin in the there; dont you?
Orlando: Not, I just put a 10.5 in there with my SPX.
Anonymous Racers: (silent )
Orando: Yeah, I think im gonna ask Fred if i can run the 10.5 with my SPX aginst all the Tekins.
Anonymous Racers: NO, Thats not fair you had more torque than us.
Orlando:

had to post it.. GOOD TIMES!!!
please tell me this didn't really happen... but something tells me that a Tekin will not be necessary come national time

Steve
Old 04-25-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
So true, but how do you think I feel, having to run against these past champions all these years in F1, front-drive sedans, GT2 last year, and now Minis. It's like I'm a glutton for punishment or something.
well, these past champions are just everywhere...no where to hide from them in any TCS classes...although they do provide good benchmark and the instant gratification if you out-qualified or finish ahead of them. It's like all the F1 drivers that are finishing ahead of Michael Schumacher right now (full disclosure: I'm a schuey fan)...ok, I'm quickly closing this can of worms...

Steve
Old 04-25-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

i know this might be a better question asked in the R/C Madness tread, but does anyone know what surface the TCS at R/C Madness will be in August?

thanks
Old 04-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamstrc
please tell me this didn't really happen... but something tells me that a Tekin will not be necessary come national time

Steve
true story bro'

I couldn't make that up..
Old 04-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Tom Slick

You have PM.......
Old 04-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So just an interesting fact I just discovered and wanted to share... being a Tamiya retailer does not mean you have to carry any Tamiya parts, in fact I called 9 hobby stores today including Hobby People, Hobby Town and smaller stores... nobody has any Tamiya parts in stock... I was told to order on-line...
I wanted to go pick up the part at Tamiya, but they don't have local pick up as far as I can tell... at this point it's actually cheaper and faster to order from a store in Hong Kong then from Tamiya which is 30 miles away Oh what a strange world we live in...

update:
Tamiya part # 54158 from Tamiya USA for two, including shipping and tax = $81.61 process in about 3 days
same parts from E-bay seller ( rdvtg ) in Japan , including shipping to my door = $43.80 process in 1 day
Old 04-25-2010, 11:58 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

thanks again to doc mertes for helping a fellow racer out!!

hey folks, those new fwd cars on the horizon look pretty neat. i know tracks are tryin to keep things afloat by focusing on a core sect of classes, still quite neat.

RW
Old 04-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lightfoot
update:
Tamiya part # 54158 from Tamiya USA for two, including shipping and tax = $81.61 process in about 3 days
same parts from E-bay seller ( rdvtg ) in Japan , including shipping to my door = $43.80 process in 1 day
Sad, but true. Many of the parts I been purchasing lately have been through ebay sellers overseas including (rdvtg). Most orders arrive in 8 days to my home on the U.S. East Coast. Orders from California take 7 days. I also appreciate how easy it is to find obscure items that don't seem to be readily available in the U.S.

The only drawback for me has been having to pick up overseas packages from the Post Office, since they require signature.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

So just an interesting fact I just discovered and wanted to share... being a Tamiya retailer does not mean you have to carry any Tamiya parts, in fact I called 9 hobby stores today including Hobby People, Hobby Town and smaller stores... nobody has any Tamiya parts in stock... I was told to order on-line...
I wanted to go pick up the part at Tamiya, but they don't have local pick up as far as I can tell... at this point it's actually cheaper and faster to order from a store in Hong Kong then from Tamiya which is 30 miles away Oh what a strange world we live in...

update:
try here - http://myatomic.com/catalog/viewsku?...ff_housing_set

cheaper then Tamiya USA, plus free shipping and they are quick
Old 04-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
try here - http://myatomic.com/catalog/viewsku?...ff_housing_set

cheaper then Tamiya USA, plus free shipping and they are quick
They are cheaper then Tamiya, but like all the hobby stores I called, the don't have the part... but it's always good to have another source to check... Thanks
Old 04-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Champion

They are cheaper then Tamiya, but like all the hobby stores I called, the don't have the part... but it's always good to have another source to check... Thanks
i've bought from them A LOT and only ever had a problem with them once, and that was when CRC gen-xl just came out that took about 3 extra days to get to me instead of the normal 1
Old 04-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default Tuning in

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Tom Slick

You have PM.......
Huh? What? Couldn't hear you, sonny.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamstrc
Tom,

I vote no on redbull being in GT-3 class...that would just ruin my TCS weekend to have to run against a past champion in the slowest class out there

j/k...bring it on!

Steve
Is this the class where you run a 10.5 with an SPX ?
I just need a bright car to follow around in the dark for the main.
The Costco Sooby is a wee bit hard to see.
So please paint your car bright pink or something easy for me to see Stevetech.
I promise I won't hit your car...
too hard
Old 04-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Is this the class where you run a 10.5 with an SPX ?
I just need a bright car to follow around in the dark for the main.
The Costco Sooby is a wee bit hard to see.
So please paint your car bright pink or something easy for me to see Stevetech.
I promise I won't hit your car...
too hard
Got it, that's why I painted my body nice "bright" silver with black rims for you...and it's not right for you to hit a back marker you know? (even if we are in the slowest class)
Old 04-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
i know this might be a better question asked in the R/C Madness tread, but does anyone know what surface the TCS at R/C Madness will be in August?

thanks
As of now the race will on carpet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.