Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Good points. Unfortunately my local track is more of a pro driver owned and operated place that is not likely to offer a fixed timing class.
I could buy the two motors for $55 each so I can run GT2 and F1. That would make it the most expensive race I've ever raced in as an average hobbyist.
If Tamiya would guarantee that's the motor for the next 10 years maybe I'd consider it lol. Otherwise, they would be paperweights after one race and I'm not the type that would try to sell them online so I would likely never recoup any money.
It is what it is. I have several Tamiya cars laying around. This motor thing seems to be catching a lot of people offguard (except the diehard TCS fans) and I know several people who aren't going because they aren't buying the motor for one race. Not all tracks around the country have FT classes that makes the motor useful to own.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

F1 is still the Reedy M3 25.5 isn’t it? Not the new FT Reedy.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations

My guess is this order that’s coming in to Reedy will be a large order that should get them back in good shape for a while.
Originally Posted by NutDriver
Still no word from Fred...
from Fred, no?
NutDriver likes this.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

At this point I just said screw it and put a GT1 motor in my GT2 car lol time for me to get wrecked. So silly these 21.5 ft motors are like gold right before TCS races
Old 02-20-2019, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
F1 is still the Reedy M3 25.5 isn’t it? Not the new FT Reedy.
yes
Old 02-20-2019, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

If you look on the back of the Euro truck there are dimpled holes. To mount the high speed wing set can we use them??
Old 02-20-2019, 04:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Just a heads up...Amain has 1 “unicorn” Reedy 21.5 FT in stock.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vacek22
If you look on the back of the Euro truck there are dimpled holes. To mount the high speed wing set can we use them??
You mean the dimples for the screws to reinforce the body parts? I don't have any dimples on my bodies that aren't used.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:11 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikedoo3
Good points. Unfortunately my local track is more of a pro driver owned and operated place that is not likely to offer a fixed timing class.
I could buy the two motors for $55 each so I can run GT2 and F1. That would make it the most expensive race I've ever raced in as an average hobbyist.
If Tamiya would guarantee that's the motor for the next 10 years maybe I'd consider it lol. Otherwise, they would be paperweights after one race and I'm not the type that would try to sell them online so I would likely never recoup any money.
It is what it is. I have several Tamiya cars laying around. This motor thing seems to be catching a lot of people offguard (except the diehard TCS fans) and I know several people who aren't going because they aren't buying the motor for one race. Not all tracks around the country have FT classes that makes the motor useful to own.
Hey Mike,

Have you talked to Casey about this? He is the only real owner/operator at 180 Raceway. We use a fixed timing motor and minimum FDR for our TC class (Can-Am), so I don't think he'd be against it. He may be open to the idea for weekly club racing Minis as I believe it's his favorite class and I know he wants to see it grow.

I should be at 180 on Saturday. If you are there also and want to talk with Casey about this I'd be happy to help.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default TCS race tiem?

What time does the racing start on Sunday?
Thanks,
Ara
Old 02-21-2019, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Dodge
Hey Mike,

Have you talked to Casey about this? He is the only real owner/operator at 180 Raceway. We use a fixed timing motor and minimum FDR for our TC class (Can-Am), so I don't think he'd be against it. He may be open to the idea for weekly club racing Minis as I believe it's his favorite class and I know he wants to see it grow.

I should be at 180 on Saturday. If you are there also and want to talk with Casey about this I'd be happy to help.
I also want to add that John has said there is a lot of interest in running Mini's in the parking lot this summer.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The introduction of the FT motor is to make these events fair for everyone. The complaints about motors are only good for one race per year since nobody else runs an FT spec class at their local tracks is something that they might want to take up with their local group. Tamiya puts up a great event in a lot of regions and its FREE (they even have a raffle give away for the event). We all sign up for club races and events in our local tracks and spend $$ for entries and you still need to buy a motor. I figure the need to buy an FT motor for a TCS event is well worth it, even if it is only used once a year.

Just my 2 cents. :-)
Old 02-21-2019, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey all when is the reedy 21.5 motor 297 coming out or i can find a used one
Old 02-21-2019, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I understand the need for the FT motors. I wish I stayed quiet on this whole subject. I'm just an average to slower racer in it for the fun and I'm not going to win no matter which motor I have. It's a little frustrating to have to sit out is all, but I've been out of TCS racing so long I didn't realize they weren't doing open motors. I have a box of old motors that are just a slow as this FT motor I'm sure. Plus I'm not going to place on a podium anyway.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:58 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by a-man1234
What time does the racing start on Sunday?
Thanks,
Ara
Hey Ara, I am not sure honestly. I don't know if Casey has posted a schedule anywhere. You may have better luck reaching out to him on Facebook. He is very responsive there. I meant to reach out to him yesterday for you but it slipped my mind, sorry.

Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson
I also want to add that John has said there is a lot of interest in running Mini's in the parking lot this summer.
Originally Posted by mikedoo3
I understand the need for the FT motors. I wish I stayed quiet on this whole subject. I'm just an average to slower racer in it for the fun and I'm not going to win no matter which motor I have. It's a little frustrating to have to sit out is all, but I've been out of TCS racing so long I didn't realize they weren't doing open motors. I have a box of old motors that are just a slow as this FT motor I'm sure. Plus I'm not going to place on a podium anyway.
Hey Mike, it is fair to speak your mind. I think we could maybe come up with a plan that works for everyone. Jamie mentioned that John thinks Minis will be racing this summer so I think that really helps. Maybe we could do something like the 13.5 TC guys did where we rent the motors from the track and turn them in at the end of each race day. This is nice because nobody can tamper with the motor. Or, we can just ask if weekly club racing can specify that the Reedy FT is the only motor to be used. This way Mini racers can purchase their own Reedy FT and get their money's worth out of it. It can't hurt to ask either way and again, I'd be happy to help where I can in the discussion.

It would benefit everyone I think to follow what TCS does, since so many of our guys enjoy racing the TCS series. Plus, it adds some consistency to our weekly program which is always better.

Hope to see you tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.