Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Fred, Hate to see you go. But I have known you Gary and Dave for a long time so I know the TCS will be the best as always. Dave welcome back and I know you will continue and grow the TCS series like Fred has. Welcome Back!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Just a little update. Next seasons rules and schedule are coming together and I hope to make them public before the end of the month, if not sooner. Looking forward to a great season of racing.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Hopefully we will get a TCS race back in the southeast next year.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I'm sure we are all going to miss Fred as our go to Tamiya guy, but I can think of no one better than Dave Jun to fill his shoes. I have spoken to Dave at the track several times with technical questions regarding my cars and their setup, and have been blown away at how helpful and nice the guy is, going the extra mile to not only offer a suggestion on setup, but why he thought that change would be appropriate.

Last edited by SRBMOJO; 10-05-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Location: Just north of Atlanta at foot of North Georgia Mtns. Best Motorcycle riding in the east coast ^^
Talking TCS SERIES SE USA

Would love to see someone step up to the pump and have a TCS race in the SE. Hey Robbi maybe us guys down in casselberry at Superior will host the 2013 event?? pweez??? ^^
Old 10-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Fred. He really did do a great job dealing with it all. I can't begin to say how much stuff has happened in this time period and yet TCS has kept rolling on. Gotta give credit where it's due. Thanks.

And congrats also to Dave J in his new position.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Just changing of the guard !

I would also like to say for the record to everyone concerned that I feel very fortunate to have been associated with The Tamiya staff, the TCS series , including Fred , Dave, Gary and Brian for over 10 years now and can't say enough of how well we all , meaning me my son and all the racers that practice and help maintain the track been treated to such a high level of respect, professionalism, friendship and a lot of fun in between.
All the Tamiya crew set the bar very high on how RC racing should be run including Fred. I have nothing but respect for all he has done not just for Tamiya but for all of RC racing in general. He has put so much of his time in making TCS one of the greatest events ever including the RRROC for several years, The K.O. Grandprix and now the GCRacing series sponsored by Speedtech .
They say you don't really appreciate something until it's gone and that's prettty much how I feel right now. Even though Fred will still be calling a lot of the races and be helping out Dave I'm sure for a while.
I, like Orlando said "the feeling is very bitter sweet".
I'm sure Dave will continue to set a high standard of racing that Fred has maintained for several years.
I know I haven't said it enough but thanks Fred for everything you do at Tamiya track and all the behing the scene work you put into it!
I got to tallk with Fred for a little while yesterday when he was at the track and as he was starting to leave he looked back and said bye and I couldn't help but feel that there was more too the saying "bye" than that!
I've been around long enough to know that "things never stay the same" they always continue to change, so I know this isn't the last we'll see of Fred Medal. It' just a "changing of the guard" and I think he'll always be a part of TCS for a long long time!
Just my 2$

Last edited by maxepower; 10-07-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Default Maxepower called it.

Originally Posted by maxepower
I would also like to say for the record to everyone concerned that I feel very fortunate to have been associated with The Tamiya staff, the TCS series , including Fred , Dave, Gary and Brian for over 10 years now and can't say enough of how well we all , meaning me my son and all the racers that practice and help maintain the track been treated to such a high level of respect, professionalism, friendship and a lot of fun in between.
All the Tamiya crew set the bar very high on how RC racing should be run including Fred. I have nothing but respect for all he has done not just for Tamiya but for all of RC racing in general.
They say you don't really appreciate something until it's gone and that's prettty much how I feel right now. Even though Fred will still be calling a lot of the races and be helping out Dave I'm sure for a while.
I'm sure Dave will continue to set a high standard of racing that Fred has maintained for several years.
I know I haven't said it enough but thanks Fred for everything you do at Tamiya track and all the behing the scene work you put into it!

Just my 2$
+1. Thanks for everything Fred, and good luck Dave. Come on out with your F104 and school us sumetime.
BTW Max didn't mention that the TA Track Crew have recently finished de-buggling their timing system. Drivers who come for practice on Saturday will be able to check and compare their lap times if they have a transponder. Good job lads!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
+1. Thanks for everything Fred, and good luck Dave. Come on out with your F104 and school us sumetime.
BTW Max didn't mention that the TA Track Crew have recently finished de-buggling their timing system. Drivers who come for practice on Saturday will be able to check and compare their lap times if they have a transponder. Good job lads!
This is not meant to offend, but merely to inform. A lot of the attendees at the Tamiya track, may feel that their contributions of $5 per month or so pay for all this "stuff". IT MOST CERTAINLY DOES NOT. I'll bet that it barely pays for the gas for the generator. If it weren't for the generosity of a few people, we still would not have power.

And some people actually feel that this this entitles them to certain "rights" or entitlements. You see this when people don't police their own area etc. WTF, do you believe that your $5 entitle you to "maid" service. How about you emptying your trash can in the bin and not sticking Kevin with it. That poor guy does that crap for you. The one that "bugs" me the most is when the generator runs out of gas. You should hear the cries of someone needs to go get gas. Good God man, volunteer. You probably have a car there and a gasoline credit card.

There are a "handful of guys like Max, Mark, Dave Bird, Kevin Nino, and some I don't even know about, who keep this track going. An example is Max and Mark giving up most of their Saturday to work on the timing system. Another example is the timing system itself. I don't know the details, but some of it came from donations of equipment purchase of other equipment. I do know that Chuck Leslie has made significant financial contributions here. I imagine a few others have also.

I do know they are looking to upgrade the timing system, but are a little short of cash. It would be interesting to see who gets motivated to contribute a few extra dollars this month. And yes, I told Kevin that I'd kick in an extra $200 this month. And don't give me that crap, many of you make a lot more than I do.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Would think $15-$20 a month would be fair to cover costs, especially live timing. Most tracks have $5-$10 daily practice fees. My last outdoor seasonal series race did have their computer die, which could happen at TTT.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Tcs

Originally Posted by maxepower
All the Tamiya crew set the bar very high on how RC racing should be run including Fred. I have nothing but respect for all he has done not just for Tamiya but for all of RC racing in general. He has put so much of his time in making TCS one of the greatest events ever including the RRROC for several years, The K.O. Grandprix and now the GCRacing series sponsored by Speedtech .
I got to tallk with Fred for a little while yesterday when he was at the track and as he was starting to leave he looked back and said bye and I couldn't help but feel that there was more too the saying "bye" than that!
I've been around long enough to know that "things never stay the same" they always continue to change, so I know this isn't the last we'll see of Fred Medal. It' just a "changing of the guard" and I think he'll always be a part of TCS for a long long time!
Just my 2$
Very well said max yes it will be sad to see Fred to move on but Dave will keep the fun going.Fred has done an awesome job keeping the series going.It will be interesting to see what new ideas and rules are coming down the pipeline.I only see the series getting stronger and the fun factor will always be there.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Speaking of keeping the fun going, I thought I'd start a new and fun little contest in the TCS thread (Ok, it's really just an excuse for me to give Tamiya stuff away ).

Monthy TCS contest on RCTech:
Rules are simple. I will give away a prize or prizes each month at a random date and time. The way the prizes are awarded will also vary. Winners must reside in the United States and can only win once per calendar year unless specified (Winners can win again starting Jan). Some months may have multiple winners.

So, the Oct prize is an F104 tuning pack which includes two sets of the F104 plated wheels, one soft T-Bar, one high traction T-Bar and a Heavyweight Pivot Post set. First person to respond with the year Ayrton Senna won his first World Championship in F1 and the make and model of the car he won with, wins the tuning pack (kind of a 3 part question).
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-photo.jpg  
Old 10-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David J.
First person to respond with the year Ayrton Senna won his first World Championship in F1 and the make and model of the car he won with, wins the tuning pack (kind of a 3 part question).
McLaren-Honda
MP4/4
Old 10-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

What an easy question!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kwkride
McLaren-Honda
MP4/4
Correct! (good thing you added the MP4/4). PM me your shipping info and I'll send these out right way. Congrats!

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
What an easy question!
I didn't want to make it hard for the first one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.