Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors >

Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors

Like Tree73Likes

Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors

Old 09-01-2017, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
Exactly that's my point. Novarossi's come from the factory set at 16% nitro as we run in europe. Some of the latest engines also come with a different head button for use with 25%+ nitro. So if you are running 25% nitro and running the engine out the box that maybe why you are blowing plugs so easily and so adding the 0.1mm shim would help. I mean even if I get the top end a fraction lean I still don't blow the plug - sure I change it as a precaution if the element looks a bit dry or grey but I don't usually blow the plug.

Anyway we probably shouldn't be hijacking Rody's thread discussing Novarossi's! Best to continue debating about this if we want over on the Novarossi thread. Sorry Rody!!
are u talking about .21 motor or .12 I'm talking about .21 don't know about Europe but every .21 motor for the usa is set for 25% not 16 and that's 100% certain... its also right on nova site that its set for 25% again I said what the issue was with the leaning sometimes with the weather but before I mess with the burn of the motor I will use the os plug....
nitrodude likes this.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

oh yeah see u on nova thread or start a new one the ralph and dan show!!! lol
Old 09-02-2017, 12:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
Exactly that's my point. Novarossi's come from the factory set at 16% nitro as we run in europe. Some of the latest engines also come with a different head button for use with 25%+ nitro. So if you are running 25% nitro and running the engine out the box that maybe why you are blowing plugs so easily and so adding the 0.1mm shim would help. I mean even if I get the top end a fraction lean I still don't blow the plug - sure I change it as a precaution if the element looks a bit dry or grey but I don't usually blow the plug.

Anyway we probably shouldn't be hijacking Rody's thread discussing Novarossi's! Best to continue debating about this if we want over on the Novarossi thread. Sorry Rody!!
Thanks Dan,
Indeed I am here to try and give assistance to my brand VS Racing engines.

Some rules in general for the glowplugs breaking or blowing.
  • If the wire is like new and clean but not lightening up anymore, it can be that the wire has become unsoldered due to vibrations. In general not a real problem.
  • If the wire is looking dull and does not light up anymore, the engine has been lean, check the piston and see if the top of the piston is not like sandblasted. If not you are still OK but you need to richen up the main-needle
  • If the wire is gone, in general the piston is also sandblasted.
    Or your engine has been very lean, or something is wrong inside the engine(bearings, too much play on the conrod), in any case stop using it if you do not want it to fail.
  • If the wire is distorded after only a little use of the engine then you need to add an extra shim of 0.1mm to avoid this.

Hope this info has cleared up some thing and yes please keep this thread a VS Racing engine thread.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

hey rody do u have any modified os 2103 ready yet for sale?

thanks
Old 09-02-2017, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ralphierace13 View Post
hey rody do u have any modified os 2103 ready yet for sale?

thanks
Yes, you can find them here: OS R2103
Old 09-02-2017, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VS_Rody View Post
Yes, you can find them here: OS R2103
But are u making a vs version?
Old 09-02-2017, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

But are u making a vs version?
Not possible yet. Since the OS R2103 has just been released and the changes are minor compared to the VSR02 I first want to test the new configuration myself to see what to do next.
In the meantime I have made available for sales some of the OSR2103 engines just released and available on my website worldchampionproducts.com
Pedro Jesus likes this.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Not possible yet. Since the OS R2103 has just been released and the changes are minor compared to the VSR02 I first want to test the new configuration myself to see what to do next.
In the meantime I have made available for sales some of the OSR2103 engines just released and available on my website worldchampionproducts.com
my next race is not till the us nitro cup in florida in December, do u think u would have a mod version by then I can wait a little for one ??
Old 09-03-2017, 12:05 AM
Tech Adept

my next race is not till the us nitro cup in florida in December, do u think u would have a mod version by then I can wait a little for one ??
I will decide what to do after the IFMAR Worlds which starts next week. Then I think it should be possible to have something before December.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

I will decide what to do after the IFMAR Worlds which starts next week. Then I think it should be possible to have something before December.
thank you
VS_Rody likes this.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

HI Rody for the last 10 years i have only ever used os speed motors in all my cars, whether it be 1/8 onroad or 1/8 offroad or 1/10 nitro, and after reading all the positive comments about your engines i have decided to pull the trigger on your vs r2102 engines, my question is were can i expect to see biggest difference over my os 2102, for example should it expect to see a better bottom, mid, or top and should i expect to see better mileage. Cheers
Old 09-04-2017, 05:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HSV427 View Post
HI Rody for the last 10 years i have only ever used os speed motors in all my cars, whether it be 1/8 onroad or 1/8 offroad or 1/10 nitro, and after reading all the positive comments about your engines i have decided to pull the trigger on your vs r2102 engines, my question is were can i expect to see biggest difference over my os 2102, for example should it expect to see a better bottom, mid, or top and should i expect to see better mileage. Cheers
Hi HSV427,
To be honest, no I do not think that there will be major difference, only small differences can be obtained today. Since the VSR02 has some modifications made to the crankshaft and combustion chamber there will be better power in the bottom and mid-range normally
Mileage should be about the same but this depends also a lot on your way of driving.
BenPetz likes this.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

hi rody,so many diffrent pipe combos on your website could you do us a comparison to help chose the right one
Old 09-04-2017, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rick oxley View Post
hi rody,so many diffrent pipe combos on your website could you do us a comparison to help chose the right one
VS302098M2001
Power*****
Fuelconsumption***

VS302115M32
Power****
Fuelconsumption***

VS302069M32
Power***
Fuelconsumption****

Please note that the * are just to give an indication on the difference. The difference itself is very little between the combo's.
Hope this has helped you further.
dan_vector and Pedro Jesus like this.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Rody you also develop the carburetors for your engines?
Or are the originals of the brand where the engines are manufactured?

And always with pleasure and pride I read your comments.
I'm always learning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service