Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors >

Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree138Likes

Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 11:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors

To start the thread, as we have the offroad thread going now.

Here is Rody's On-Road Forum for his O.S. Base mills.

http://www.worldchampionproducts.com...ing-2102r.html
Attached Thumbnails Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors-vsr02.jpg  
Old 01-11-2017, 12:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by rick oxley
hi rody could you tell us a bit more about your onroad engine and how it differs
from the O.S. r2102 maybe opening a thread in the onroad section would be a good idea.

thanks rick...
First Thank you 1/8 IC Fan for starting this thread.

Hi Rick,

The OS based engines I am making are very close to the original OS engines itself in production because the quality and finish of their engines are very close to perfection.

The main difference between the OS R2102 and the VSR02 is that I have modified sligthly the crankshaft timing and made some extra modifications to the crankshaft itself.

Then I am using my own design combustion chamber(underhead or also insert) which for me brings even more torque to the engine at the low rpm area.

I also prefer to use the steel main-bearing over the ceramic bearing because I have never found more performance over the extra costs.

I have had also very good results using the VSR02 engines with the EFRA 2115 tuned pipes made by Hipex. These pipes give the same performances as the OS2080-SC pipes just less noise. IMO the OS pipes seem more performing but they also make more noise and this has some influence on the racer it seems, but for me the performances are the same.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Those new O.S. engines are nice!!
Old 01-22-2017, 10:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by fdjizm
Those new O.S. engines are nice!!
VS Racing engines made by OS indeed, but not completely the same...
Old 01-22-2017, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VS_Rody
First Thank you 1/8 IC Fan for starting this thread.

Hi Rick,

The OS based engines I am making are very close to the original OS engines itself in production because the quality and finish of their engines are very close to perfection.

The main difference between the OS R2102 and the VSR02 is that I have modified sligthly the crankshaft timing and made some extra modifications to the crankshaft itself.

Then I am using my own design combustion chamber(underhead or also insert) which for me brings even more torque to the engine at the low rpm area.

I also prefer to use the steel main-bearing over the ceramic bearing because I have never found more performance over the extra costs.

I have had also very good results using the VSR02 engines with the EFRA 2115 tuned pipes made by Hipex. These pipes give the same performances as the OS2080-SC pipes just less noise. IMO the OS pipes seem more performing but they also make more noise and this has some influence on the racer it seems, but for me the performances are the same.
Great to have you on rctech discussing your engine - thanks.

Can you confirm whether the VSR02 is based on the OS 2102 or OS 2101? I thought it might have been the 2101.

I've like the look/writeups on your engines have been keen to try one. A guy ran one at the Nats last year reported to me that performance was similar to the 2102..which everyone but the winner were running in the final. The OS is very popular here (especially with the top guys) in Australia.

I've been trying to convince my local RC supplier to talk to you to scope out a distribution deal...As I'm unaware of there being one in Australia. But if you have one please advise.

I imagine that now Amain are stocking you, and the current dominance of OS, that your engines will start to sell well.

Good luck and I hope see more VSR02 engine in Australia soon.

Adrian

P.S. A viable alternative to the OS pipes is welcome given how expensive OS sells then for.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by jtrmx250
Great to have you on rctech discussing your engine - thanks.

Can you confirm whether the VSR02 is based on the OS 2102 or OS 2101? I thought it might have been the 2101.

I've like the look/writeups on your engines have been keen to try one. A guy ran one at the Nats last year reported to me that performance was similar to the 2102..which everyone but the winner were running in the final. The OS is very popular here (especially with the top guys) in Australia.

I've been trying to convince my local RC supplier to talk to you to scope out a distribution deal...As I'm unaware of there being one in Australia. But if you have one please advise.

I imagine that now Amain are stocking you, and the current dominance of OS, that your engines will start to sell well.

Good luck and I hope see more VSR02 engine in Australia soon.

Adrian

P.S. A viable alternative to the OS pipes is welcome given how expensive OS sells then for.
Hi Adrian,

The difference between the OS R2101 and the R2102 are the main-bearing(R2101 steel and R2102 ceramic) an extra supplied combustion chamber for 16% nitro use and a lowered cooling-head.

My VSR02 engine is bases the OS 2101 because I am using the steel main-bearing and I am also using my own manufactured combustion chamber + made some modifications on the crankshaft to make the engine more responsive without loosing mileage.
I think OS has obtained a good reputation because of its constant quality, which I also appreciate.

I have a distributor in Australia(called JPM Racing owned by Joe Patane) you can find them here: JPM Racing
He has some engines available here : VSR02

If you have any further questions then do not hesitate.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Adrian,

The difference between the OS R2101 and the R2102 are the main-bearing(R2101 steel and R2102 ceramic) an extra supplied combustion chamber for 16% nitro use and a lowered cooling-head.

My VSR02 engine is bases the OS 2101 because I am using the steel main-bearing and I am also using my own manufactured combustion chamber + made some modifications on the crankshaft to make the engine more responsive without loosing mileage.
I think OS has obtained a good reputation because of its constant quality, which I also appreciate.

I have a distributor in Australia(called JPM Racing owned by Joe Patane) you can find them here: JPM Racing
He has some engines available here : VSR02

If you have any further questions then do not hesitate.
Thanks mate...OK...Joe runs at my track so I'll talk to him next time he's there...bring on the VSR02!
Old 01-24-2017, 12:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by jtrmx250
Thanks mate...OK...Joe runs at my track so I'll talk to him next time he's there...bring on the VSR02!
You are welcome...
Old 01-24-2017, 12:38 PM
afm
Tech Master

Default OS GT

Rody, i just got one of your OS GT tuned engines, my question is ....the head is shimmed for what nitro contents???

Regards
AFM (From Lima -Peru)
Old 01-24-2017, 01:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by afm
Rody, i just got one of your OS GT tuned engines, my question is ....the head is shimmed for what nitro contents???

Regards
AFM (From Lima -Peru)
25-30% nitro.

Give me some feedback after you have used it, always interested.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:45 PM
afm
Tech Master

25-30% nitro.

Give me some feedback after you have used it, always interested.
I will, we have the biggest international race for GT cars in South America at the beginning of March, the tenth edition of Copa del Pacifico, which allready has 75 drivers registered, 48 in GT alone...

http://apercar.com/copa-del-pacifico/

https://www.facebook.com/events/1374484072603107/

https://www.facebook.com/APERCAR/?fref=ts

I will use your engine there. Currently i´m racing with a regular OS Speed GT, so i will compare with yours.

Regards
Old 01-25-2017, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Rody did a good job on this engine, fuel consumption and torque are better than regular 2102. I'm very satisfy this engine.
VS_Rody likes this.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Got my VSR02 3 weeks ago, probably on 10'th tank now. Easy to break in - beginning to make power, I can tell it's got lots of bottom end. I'll report back tomorrow after a "make power" shake down and the next weekend after a Regional Series race here in Texas. Seems to run pretty cool even on a 80 deg F day.
VS_Rody likes this.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hi rody

you don't find that the ceramic bearings spool up alittle faster/harder then the steal bearings? thank you
Old 02-27-2017, 03:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
hi rody

you don't find that the ceramic bearings spool up alittle faster/harder then the steal bearings? thank you
Hi ralphierace13,

Yes, the ceramic bearing can accelerate faster compared to the steel bearings and can sometimes last longer but compared to the difference in the price the final result is almost not there.

Some time ago I have made a back to back test while running the engine with a steel-bearing, then changing to a ceramic one and out again. I did not feel any difference and no improvement in laptimes either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.