Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors >

Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors

Like Tree137Likes

Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors

Old 02-27-2017, 07:32 AM
  #16  
Tech Lord
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 11,201
Default

If you can not run close to the same laptimes as the topdrivers, you do not have to focus on the engine bearings......

Last year I had to change the bearings of my Ielasi 9CL and placed standard steel bearings, the engine was still fast as before with ceramic.
TeamCarnage, Pooh2 and VS_Rody like this.
Roelof is offline  
Old 02-27-2017, 11:38 AM
  #17  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 8
Default

Raced the VSR02 this last weekend here in TX. Let me start with the end.... Awesome!! Managed 3'rd in B Main mostly sponsored pros ahead. Engine created some buzz at the track - everybody said they heard good things and were looking at the performance on track and these are guys who run at National level. As for engine - I'd say the major feeling is that it's very smooth, clearly massive bottom end but it doesn't hit you like the dump truck torque of a modified Mito 9... it is very controllable. Top end is ridiculous no effort to match any engine on straight. Two other major things - Temp and Mileage. Didn't need to push temp above 215 F for competition on 25% nitro yet it easily made 5 min heats. I think this engine has major potential!! Should I run at a little higher temp and on 30% maybe? Any suggestions would be welcome. Just as awesome as Rody RB .12 was a decade ago!!
Eghoop is offline  
Old 02-27-2017, 12:07 PM
  #18  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 8
Default

Ran VSR02 (MRX6)this weekend at Series race here in Texas. Created buzz at track lots of folks had heard good things about it. Motor ran really well - exceptional actually. Main feature is smoothness. Lots of bottom but not wild like a modified Mito long stroke. Top end very good - no issues on straight with anything & most of competitors are Nat'l level guys in US running "not slow" mills. 2 big things stand out temp and mileage. Never ran over 220 F on 25% and it lasted 5 mins easy. Think there is much more potential!! What temp should I aim for and should I run 30% for max power?
Thunderbunny likes this.
Eghoop is offline  
Old 02-27-2017, 12:26 PM
  #19  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (102)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Holland, MI
Posts: 6,461
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Eghoop View Post
Ran VSR02 (MRX6)this weekend at Series race here in Texas. Created buzz at track lots of folks had heard good things about it. Motor ran really well - exceptional actually. Main feature is smoothness. Lots of bottom but not wild like a modified Mito long stroke. Top end very good - no issues on straight with anything & most of competitors are Nat'l level guys in US running "not slow" mills. 2 big things stand out temp and mileage. Never ran over 220 F on 25% and it lasted 5 mins easy. Think there is much more potential!! What temp should I aim for and should I run 30% for max power?
Where did you run at?
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Old 02-27-2017, 02:31 PM
  #20  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 242
Default

Originally Posted by Eghoop View Post
What temp should I aim for and should I run 30% for max power?
No need to run the engines over 230F and no need to go higher then 30% nitro either. This will make the engine less efficient and you will loose in fuelmilage.
VS_Rody is offline  
Old 02-27-2017, 05:13 PM
  #21  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 8
Default

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Where did you run at?

Gulfport Raceway - Mike's Hobby Shop Porter, TX
Eghoop is offline  
Old 04-11-2017, 12:31 AM
  #22  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 265
Default Difference between 2069 and 2115

HI Rody,


It's nice to see you here.


May I know what's the difference between the 2069 and 2115 pipe (both used on your VS-R02)?

Thank you very much for your time.


Ted
Ted Su(TW) is offline  
Old 04-11-2017, 01:36 AM
  #23  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 242
Default

Originally Posted by Ted Su(TW) View Post
HI Rody,


It's nice to see you here.


May I know what's the difference between the 2069 and 2115 pipe (both used on your VS-R02)?

Thank you very much for your time.


Ted
Hi ted,
The 2069 is more smooth and gives you a wider rpm range compared to the 2115 pipe which has a narrower rpm range but also more power.
As always the 2069 is better on fuel-consumption compared to the 2115.
We mainly use the M32 manifold with these pipes.

Hope this has helped you further.
jtrmx250 likes this.
VS_Rody is offline  
Old 04-12-2017, 07:37 PM
  #24  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 265
Default

Thank you for your fast reply.

I'm about to place an order from your website. Do you offer break-in service?


Originally Posted by VS_Rody View Post
Hi ted,
The 2069 is more smooth and gives you a wider rpm range compared to the 2115 pipe which has a narrower rpm range but also more power.
As always the 2069 is better on fuel-consumption compared to the 2115.
We mainly use the M32 manifold with these pipes.

Hope this has helped you further.
Ted Su(TW) is offline  
Old 04-13-2017, 01:29 AM
  #25  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 242
Default

Originally Posted by Ted Su(TW) View Post
Thank you for your fast reply.

I'm about to place an order from your website. Do you offer break-in service?
Hi Ted,

Unfortunately not possible for now.
VS_Rody is offline  
Old 04-15-2017, 03:23 PM
  #26  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
mustangkillaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,155
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Why no Nova based on road engines?
mustangkillaz is offline  
Old 04-16-2017, 12:34 AM
  #27  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 242
Default

Originally Posted by mustangkillaz View Post
Why no Nova based on road engines?
I have had a long collaboration with Novarossi in the past and they produce excellent engines. But it was time for me to try with a different supplier.
VS_Rody is offline  
Old 04-18-2017, 12:01 AM
  #28  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
choisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,738
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

and using nova will be more pricy, isn't it?
choisan is offline  
Old 04-18-2017, 01:04 AM
  #29  
Tech Lord
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 11,201
Default

Originally Posted by choisan View Post
and using nova will be more pricy, isn't it?
If a 35plus21 can be found for just 190 euro and a new JP engine based on the same 35+ for just 279 euro I think the price depends in which configuration and how much own rework you want.

OS has proven to make good engines and has many OEM customers...
Roelof is offline  
Old 04-18-2017, 01:31 AM
  #30  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 242
Default

Originally Posted by choisan View Post
and using nova will be more pricy, isn't it?
As Roelof has stated, indeed it depends which configuration you are using. For our VS Racing engines we try to keep things as simple as possible.
VS_Rody is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.