Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors >

Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors

Like Tree60Likes

Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors

Reply

Old 11-17-2017, 01:38 AM
  #166  
Tech Adept
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 103
Default

The new VSR03 is now also available at Amain.
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
VS_Rody is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:19 PM
  #167  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Portugal
Posts: 149
Default

Presentation
Rody VSR03

AutoRCnewsModelisme - VS RACING VSR03 Nitro On Road Engine
1/8 IC Fan and VS_Rody like this.
Pedro Jesus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:03 AM
  #168  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Canberra
Posts: 289
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I finally had a chance to run the VS2102 at our national championship. I ran 4 litres though the engine over the event and it ran faultlessly (as expected).

I tested both the Hipex and OS pipes and the OS pipe was a much better match for the track...it gave the engine significantly more top end - which I needed.

I'll be running VS engines for the 2018 season 💪💪💪
jtrmx250 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:19 AM
  #169  
Tech Adept
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 103
Default

Originally Posted by jtrmx250 View Post
I finally had a chance to run the VS2102 at our national championship. I ran 4 litres though the engine over the event and it ran faultlessly (as expected).

I tested both the Hipex and OS pipes and the OS pipe was a much better match for the track...it gave the engine significantly more top end - which I needed.

I'll be running VS engines for the 2018 season 💪💪💪
Thank you for your update.

Can you also tell us what fuel you have been using and also its nitro %, just curiousity and information shared.
I suppose the Hipex pipe you tested was the EFRA2115
VS_Rody is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:48 AM
  #170  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Canberra
Posts: 289
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by VS_Rody View Post
Thank you for your update.

Can you also tell us what fuel you have been using and also its nitro %, just curiousity and information shared.
I suppose the Hipex pipe you tested was the EFRA2115
Yep, was the 2115.

I was running VP 25% nitro, 11% oil (though I add 1% caster so 12% total).
jtrmx250 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:58 AM
  #171  
Tech Adept
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 103
Default

Originally Posted by jtrmx250 View Post
Yep, was the 2115.

I was running VP 25% nitro, 11% oil (though I add 1% caster so 12% total).
OK Thanks for the additional info.
Yes adding a little oil gives you a safer margin.
VS_Rody is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:53 AM
  #172  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,135
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Rody, a question here related to the different models of engines from the primary manufacturers. I have found a GSR21.7R. Is that the same as the basic OS2103R engine? If there are differences, do know what they are and can explain them?
davidl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:39 AM
  #173  
Tech Adept
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 103
Default

Originally Posted by davidl View Post
Rody, a question here related to the different models of engines from the primary manufacturers. I have found a GSR21.7R. Is that the same as the basic OS2103R engine? If there are differences, do know what they are and can explain them?
Hi David,
Seems like an R2103 to me, same as the original version nothing more. you need to ask them what are the differences.
VS_Rody is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:07 PM
  #174  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,135
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by VS_Rody View Post
Hi David,
Seems like an R2103 to me, same as the original version nothing more. you need to ask them what are the differences.
Thank you.
davidl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:29 PM
  #175  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (58)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 3,122
Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)
Default

Rody,

Have you tested any of the Mielke Pipes by chance? I know between them and Hipex, they make many for others.
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 11:08 AM
  #176  
Tech Adept
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 103
Default

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Rody,

Have you tested any of the Mielke Pipes by chance? I know between them and Hipex, they make many for others.
We did a long time ago. The Mielke pipes are strong and rigid, they are manufactured in a different way. For me they perform the same in Off-Road use but never got them to perform enough in On-Road compared to the Hipex pipes.
VS_Rody is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:03 PM
  #177  
Tech Adept
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Allevard FRANCE
Posts: 103
Default

Hi,

FYI we just released a new type of optional rear-cover for our VS Racing engines.

Developed by Rody Roem for VS Racing On-Road engines
This optional rear-cover made from 7075-T6 orange anodized has a specific shape to better guide the gases to backward lateral transfers in order to improve engine efficiency.

Compatible with engines: VSR01, VSR02, VSR03, VSM01, 2101R, 2102R, 2103R

More info here
VS_Rody is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service