R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 11-04-2004, 05:35 PM   #586
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default re: chat forum

I would love to see a chat forum....just say when and where.
peakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 05:40 PM   #587
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
AFM
you comming to the usa for the winternats??
I'm very patient...these little buggers and R/C in general have taught me the real meaning of "patience"....jajajaja..you know what I mean. Anyway I'll enjoy my signature more when it arrives.

What dates are the Winternats?? I might try and make it to watch and or help anybody who needs it. Last time I was there was in 2002...great race and lots of fun...I went with Maxy, from Maxy's fuel that time.

I'll try .014 head clearance this weekend with my M. Collari Sirio, with the 77 plug, also since i'm experimenting with pipe issues on the Sirio's, because beeing a mid-sized conrod engine I think it will work better with a longer overall pipe, so I'm trying this weekend an RB 402 in-line outlaw pipe with the header of the Mugen P010002, which is longer. What are your thoughts about this???

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 05:53 PM   #588
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

afm going to have to do a little looking to give you an opinion.

peak haow about fridays at 6 pm pacific. however this friday I will be out. so sat at 6 will work. maybe ed will chime in.

afm the serios work good on the turboII with the short header. we sent 12 pipes to team kyosho for the fw05 for the worlds but they opted to run the rrr so they ran serio pipes. Some of the kyosho guys ran rd turbo II pipes at the nats with great sucess. Cyrul, Tossolini. I was told iot gave them the bottom and top they were looking for. I can tell you josh's car was really really fast he just had other issues that plagued him. then again he drives so hard into the corner its just scary, might have been totally optical

Last edited by Motorman; 11-04-2004 at 05:59 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:19 PM   #589
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
afm going to have to do a little looking to give you an opinion.

afm the sirios work good on the turboII with the short header. we sent 12 pipes to team kyosho for the fw05 for the worlds but they opted to run the rrr so they ran serio pipes. Some of the kyosho guys ran rd turbo II pipes at the nats with great sucess. Cyrul, Tossolini. I was told iot gave them the bottom and top they were looking for. I can tell you josh's car was really really fast he just had other issues that plagued him. then again he drives so hard into the corner its just scary, might have been totally optical
Ok, I'll try it and let you know my feeling about that pipe combo I've prepared.
I just measured my head clearance and it is set at 0.16. Let's see if i can get away with it.

There's two friend drivers at my track tha have the RD Turbo II pipe, i'll ask them ..and see if one will lend me his pipe and try it out...but how do I know if they have the short header on them??...what would the distance from the farthest point on the header to the beggining of the convergent cone to determine which header they have???

Do you have the dates of the Winternats???

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:34 PM   #590
Tech Regular

Quote:
Personally I would try to get away with .014 and after a good run at 250/260 pull the head and check for detonation. personally I would just step to 40. it is a monumental change in power.

Nitro+ = TORQUE BUT LESS RPM (however it is a huge torque gain with a small rpm loss so?)
Dennis....so what's the recommendation for 40% using the short rod motor? Thanks.
JustRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 07:00 PM   #591
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Dennis that sounds like a plan for the Chat....I'll spread the word.

g
peakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:43 PM   #592
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Our parts will swap directly with STS but they are different spec wise beyound what you could see with the eye. (its mostly a clearance,timing,dimensional spec thing.)
Thanks for the reply Dennis. Do you know if you will sell piston sleeve sets and crankshafts for your engines? I have an STS engine crankcase that I can use.

Have you tried putting your piston sleeve into a Nova crankcase with the Nova crankshaft? I guess if I wanted to use the RDLogic piston sleeve in a Nova crankcase, I would need to cut the groove on the top of the sleeve on the exhaust port side to fit the pin groove on the Nova crankcase.

Regarding chat, I think you could go to www.3hobby.com and register to be able to use the shout box. I don't think Sow&Steady would mind you guys using it so long as it's RC related.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:54 PM   #593
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi Dennis got the short rod motor today , looks nice!!

just a note for all who get one and if Dennis agrees,
my motor felt like it had pinch all the way to the bottom of the stroke, so i took it apart and clean it with after run fuel,
i didnt notice any metal or grit from machining but when i reassemble it it spun freely as normal except tdc ,
the three motors i checked all did the same thing ,
so either they are putting a thick coating of something when they assemble or they just need cleaning before you run them??
maybe you have some input here Dennis??

ok now for a ? i added a shimm .10 to make it 5mm total motor came with 3+1
i didnt check piston to head just went with what you said ,
maybe i check it tomorrow,
anyway after break in i notice that high side needle was less the 1 turn from closed, about 3/4 = 5/8 to make it run well,
i know there is no one setting for all motors but is this in the ball park with what you have found with this motor ??
Thanks BC
bcquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 09:02 PM   #594
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

power aside would there be a run time differance between 2o and 40%nitro
thanks BC
bcquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 09:44 PM   #595
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by bcquick
power aside would there be a run time differance between 2o and 40%nitro
thanks BC
Yes.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 01:45 AM   #596
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default Carb

Denis i see on rd logics site it says 5.5mm for carb is this a typo or does it mean its ilegal for EFRA 5.4mm??

Mark
Old 11-05-2004, 12:20 PM   #597
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

That engine looks nice. I would like to see a few more reviews and testimonials of people that have used this engine. If it sounds good, I may have a new engine for that FW05 come springtime. Couple that with the hard coated pipe, and it will be a wrap
Old 11-05-2004, 03:57 PM   #598
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Dennis R how are you man? i hope things are well.

are you still running the Mac motors?
also do you still mod Off road motors?

thanx dibs.
Motorman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 05:08 PM   #599
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Thanks for the reply Dennis. Do you know if you will sell piston sleeve sets and crankshafts for your engines? I have an STS engine crankcase that I can use.
D,
I'm surprised at you - don't be so stingy.
A whole new RD/Richey engine is only about US$180 and you won't have to worry about your second hand bearings and what "might" have been done to their crankcase.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 07:30 PM   #600
Tech Regular

Any "normal" racers try one of these out yet? By normal I mean just a regular dude. I'm curious at how they perform for the Average Joe. If they're as good as advertised, it could put great pressure on other companies to make their prices more competitive.
gonzoY5 is offline   Reply With Quote