R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 08-22-2004, 10:40 AM   #436
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

well buy and engine and look then!!
Old 08-22-2004, 03:37 PM   #437
am
Tech Master

I would if it was possible to get one in Norway. All stuff bought from the stats is getting expensive here because of 24% vat and shipping.

Also i run 1:8 buggys so i do not need the engine.
am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 07:32 PM   #438
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well Ironically I have deleted the fireslots from the production engine as we are making more power without them. As for Norway I'm not sure who is the dealer there but you could get one from Microtech when they come out.

On another note congrats to Eric Jones who TQ'd and won the district 2 roar regionals running the RD Richey racing engine. Mark Unrath finished third after giving up 45 seconds to make a minor low speed adjustment to his RD Richey engine during the race. TQ was a fight between Mark Eric and Carl.

Our first win and counting.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:13 PM   #439
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sounds great Dennis!! I still haven't received an email from you about what we discussed for Canada. Drop me a note when you are not so busy with the up-coming Nat.s [email protected]
John Hughes
jjmudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:40 AM   #440
Tech Addict

Default power to the people

way to go motorman and team! where can i find the results for that race ? (region 2 )
isuzuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 03:12 PM   #441
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to munrath

Guys,

I just wanted to say thanks to Dennis and RDLogics for the great support and making some serious HP. The motor worked great all weekend. As Dennis said I needed to make a small adjustment on the needle, but other then my own mistake the motor was GREAT!!

Runtime was not an issue nor was temp. Motor temp was between 200 and 220. I ran a turbo plug number 7 and had plenty of nitro after the 5min qualifier.

The track size was around 456 centerline and had a nice flow to it. I'm really looking forward to the Nats and getting the motor on the big track.

Dennis and RDLogics thanks for the great support.

Mark Unrath

Races for 2015:
PNB, AMS, E-Nats Warm-up, E-Nats, LCRC North East Challenge, RAC, LCRC Halloween, Badlands, ROAR Region 2 Series, and Local Club Racing
munrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 06:48 AM   #442
ade
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Where can I get it?

Is the engine available at Larry's yet?

How can I get one of the special signiture engines? I was not able to get the guy at RD Logics.

Thanks,

Tony
ade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:12 AM   #443
Tech Addict

I guess since a few protos will be present at the Nats as Dennis stated then I assume we won't be seeing Dennis's motors at Larry's till after the nats.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:36 AM   #444
Tech Regular

it sounds like you might not see one for a while if you were not on the waiting list, i dont think there will be a mass release , but i hope iam wrong, i would reallly like to try one of these lagendary motors =-).

a couple ?

are these motors when released going to be hand mods or cnc cut only .

are the motors you are racing going to be production models or prototype one offs.

you say the first few are going to be tweeked by you will hand mods be available or necessary.

thanks can wait to get one of these little gems (hopefully)
bcquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:08 PM   #445
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to munrath

I believe about 45 days from the Nats, if my memory serves me correctly. LOL

Races for 2015:
PNB, AMS, E-Nats Warm-up, E-Nats, LCRC North East Challenge, RAC, LCRC Halloween, Badlands, ROAR Region 2 Series, and Local Club Racing
munrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 04:35 AM   #446
Tech Elite

bcquick,

Read back a couple of pages.
I believe Motorman's intention is to produce an engine with all the "mod's" already in place from the production line and at a reasonable price.

That's not to say it couldn't be further modified, and this is what he's doing to the first "signature" engines. I'd also expect that the team guys engines will get extra attention again. This is normal and expected.

The reality is we can't expect him to sit down and hand cut, like, 5000 engines.
. . . . it was something about him wanting a life!
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 06:53 AM   #447
Tech Elite

Default engine mods

It is very interesting that everybody looking for hand's mods. Why it can be immaging that engine initialy done on machines right and will not required any mods? I saw Moroman's engine and I am sure it will not required to do anything on it. Dennice put there a lot of new stuff and it is very highely designed.
I am sure some people will try to dremel hacking it, but it won't be success there-everything done right start from the design to final assembly.
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 02:22 PM   #448
Tech Master

The whole premise of this engine was to produce a production motor that needs 0 modification to run with the high dollar mod motors.

Signature engines are simply hand fitted and tolerance certified. There is no quote modifications to be done. I have pushed the engine to the very limit of performance and dependable reliability together. The torque and rpm is really off the hook. Fuel mileage is fantastic to. 6.20 to 8.00 minutes on 40% fuel at reasonable temps at tight head clearance. this will probably fall into the high fives at sea level. I can only imagine how its going to run at that altitude as we have not tested there yet.

I have not actually measured one yet (we will next week) but from past experience it appears they spin into the lower to mid fourties (RPM) under load on the track. You can easily pick them out over other engines. They have that signature RTU intake howl when their turned up. They have enough torque that I can actually hear the transmisson go whack when it hits second gear on my serpent. I am a little concerned about the durability of the drivetrain on my own car. LOL

I can make them go even harder but the tuneability of the motor will become unsatisfactory for on road racing.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:29 PM   #449
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
The whole premise of this engine was to produce a production motor that needs 0 modification to run with the high dollar mod motors.

Signature engines are simply hand fitted and tolerance certified. There is no quote modifications to be done. I have pushed the engine to the very limit of performance and dependable reliability together. The torque and rpm is really off the hook. Fuel mileage is fantastic to. 6.20 to 8.00 minutes on 40% fuel at reasonable temps at tight head clearance. this will probably fall into the high fives at sea level. I can only imagine how its going to run at that altitude as we have not tested there yet.

I have not actually measured one yet (we will next week) but from past experience it appears they spin into the lower to mid fourties (RPM) under load on the track. You can easily pick them out over other engines. They have that signature RTU intake howl when their turned up. They have enough torque that I can actually hear the transmisson go whack when it hits second gear on my serpent. I am a little concerned about the durability of the drivetrain on my own car. LOL

I can make them go even harder but the tuneability of the motor will become unsatisfactory for on road racing.
WAY TO GO DENNIS, HOPE YOU NAIL THE NATIONALS.
I'M ANXIUOS TO KNOW IF I MADE THE LIST OF SIGNATURE ENGINES....WHEN WE'LL WE KNOW........

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 03:00 PM   #450
Tech Regular

Dennis
i have never heard anything but great reviews of your old motors and have been trying to find out if you were still doing them, i had given up all hope of finding you until i stumbled on this message bord about a week ago and was shocked to see you here talking about a new motor design.
If you can bring this engine to market and it performs as you say you will greatly give the r/c world what it needs, a little bit of cost control, i have as have others paid up to $400.00 for a mod .12 not to mention what i have paid for a mod .21. it a shame you have to spend what equals to a house payment just to purchase 2 motors to be competitive in our sport.
my only concern is the supply and demand of your great new engine, hopefully not to many others get lucky enough to come across this board as i have (not until i get my two bullets anyway=-).

good luck next week we all cant wait for your report.
bcquick is offline   Reply With Quote