R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 08-15-2004, 01:53 AM   #421
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Dennis, do you have a solid date on the release yet? I just passed up a smokin deal on a jp ns3 tonight cause i told him i was going to try your motor so it better be good.
Also, are you going to have plenty of motors to go around when they come out, or are we going to be fighting over them?
GrandeGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 08:08 AM   #422
Tech Fanatic

motorman:

found an interesting article about modification on combustion chamber of real car engines. quite similar to the modification you do to the head button on rc engines. will the new engines you are manufacturing has the same feature ?

data
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 04:34 PM   #423
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes it is the same theory and I have used it for years. I also use a variant of it on the sleeve to straigten the air origionaly the engine was to have stratospheric charge slots in the head but the latest revision has proven that the engine wants a conventional head. Funny people have called my heads window dressing. LOL

Gixer production has started and the issues have been resolved. indications of last weekends race were awesome. people could actually pick the cars out with the engines in them without even looking killer stupid torque and rediculous rpm. they will be available within the next 30/45 days as we are confident it is ready to go. The US nats will be the indicator and a few factory drivers have seen them and one has driven one and was very suprised at its low end power top end rpm and its idle stability. I can honestly say we have a winner. Pulling all the suppliers together packaging and instruction manuals are what we are working on now. the price may go up slightly as we have had to resort to a different piston and sleeve supplier but I am a stickler for perfection. I will hold the prices as low as possible.

I plan to release 25 or so siganture engines right at the start that are hand tweeked and blessed by me to the public. as we ramp in conventional production. these will be the same engines we will run at the US nationals. contact RD to reserve one. ask for david. when there gone there gone. later in the year a team engine will become available but in very limited quantity. there is not a big difference between them but maybe 5% but they are destined to become collectables for sure.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:10 PM   #424
Tech Elite

that is great news dennis. im glad you got everything figured out. do you know yet how much the price is going to have to raise? and will you still be offering the package deal with the turbo 2?
thanks for the updates and good luck at the nats.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:20 PM   #425
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
.................................................. ........................................
I plan to release 25 or so siganture engines right at the start that are hand tweeked and blessed by me to the public. as we ramp in conventional production. these will be the same engines we will run at the US nationals. contact RD to reserve one. ask for david. when there gone there gone........................
Dennis, I spoke and e-mailed David at RD to make my reserve, he said he will speak with you, because there is allready a waiting list, but just remeber i reserved one from you back in February through this forum and you said you were going to hook me up on the list. Thanks
One question, is the signature engine coming with the package of both heads + pipe, etc. or will this be just engine??? I need the std. head, because we still haven't changed our rules till next year to allow turbo heads.

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:11 PM   #426

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Hey Dennis what's up bro!! Is there any kinda of a short track engine in the future with RD??? I think long and short track engines are diffferent especially in the crank induction window. What all the long tracks guys need is'nt exactly what we short drivers need. What long track engines needs our short track engines lack. You know what I mean!! or is there a happy compromise in timeing for both, I don;t how but you would know!!! I know it would be alot of trouble but it's somethiing to maybe look into! BB
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:24 PM   #427
Tech Addict

What about compensating with pipe/manifold lengths?
Old 08-18-2004, 01:37 AM   #428
Tech Elite

most of the newer engines have a good range of torque and hp, so i think the happy medium for short track is finding a happy medium on the trigger finger pretty much. the track i usually run on is pretty small and tight, but the good drivers with the x 12's and ns3's usually do pretty well. this engine should far surpass them.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:45 PM   #429
Tech Master

guys sorry I have been quiet leading up to the nats but I've been jinxed in the past and I'm a little superstitious now. The power and performance is really amazing. One week, 3 days and counting.

Bob the engine will deliver all over the track, top bottom and everywhere in between.

Quote:
I know it would be alot of trouble
It was and we did.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:18 PM   #430
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

are you still going to drop the word on where we can order them from on here first? i need 3 of them. thanks
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 10:05 PM   #431
Tech Master

yes I will.

2 of them will be running in the region 2 race this weekend. If your there go check them out.
Mark Unrath
Eric Jones

another will be running a toledo club race this weekend in prep for the nationals
Ray Juhl

I currently have seven protos which will be running the US Nats. If you would like to see one the following guys will have one in their cars.

Dennis Richey Serpent 710/ Richey RRE Engine/RD turboII
Brad Toffelmire Serpent 710/ Richey RRE Engine/RD turboII
Ray Juhl Serpent 710/ Richey RRE Engine/RD turboII
Mark Unrath Mugen MTX3/ Richey RRE Engine/RD turboII
Eric Jones Mugen MTX3/ Richey RRE Engine/RD turboII
Eli Ezrow NTC3/ Richey RRE Engine/RD NTC3 turbo legal
Ira Schultz NTC3/ Richey RRE Engine/RD NTC3 turbo legal

Last edited by Motorman; 08-21-2004 at 10:15 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 04:45 AM   #432
Tech Master

Good luck to all the runners, hope everything goes well. Hope everything goes especially well for Eli and Ira since they run the NTC3's

I managed to get on the list for what I believe to be one of the 25 Signature engines, so I can't wait to see how these go. No matter how long it takes to get it, at least I know it'll be spot on when it gets here to Oz
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 10:05 AM   #433
am
Tech Master

Motorman,

Can you tell me how you make the marks in head button? I now it is probebly one of your secrets but ask anyway.

Thanks,

Anders
am is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 10:12 AM   #434
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

dremel i believe
Old 08-22-2004, 10:29 AM   #435
am
Tech Master

I belive so to. Let me refrase.

Where in the combusten chamber and how deep, profiles, all around or just over main intake port or all over head
am is online now   Reply With Quote