R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 07-29-2004, 06:44 AM   #391
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Motorman: Who will be doing the distribution for your line of engines? Will you have direct distribution for international orders? I would like to test them here in Puerto Rico.

Thanks in advance for the information.

Miguel Daumont
San Juan, P.R.
madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 08:00 AM   #392
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to munrath

Guys,

We worked Dennis hard this past weekend at the Great Lakes Challange with testing, tuning and more testing. I'm sure Dennis will be on here later this week to give everyone a full report.

Thanks,
Mark

Races for 2015:
PNB, AMS, E-Nats Warm-up, E-Nats, LCRC North East Challenge, RAC, LCRC Halloween, Badlands, ROAR Region 2 Series, and Local Club Racing
munrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 08:55 AM   #393
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by madness
Motorman: Who will be doing the distribution for your line of engines? Will you have direct distribution for international orders? I would like to test them here in Puerto Rico.

Thanks in advance for the information.

Miguel Daumont
San Juan, P.R.
Hi,Miguelito
Your going have to wait in line ,cus i was first...
la candela.....
GAMBO94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 03:20 PM   #394
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Z00M
Seems as though Brad was about a second off the pace. Have to wait for someone's report to know if it was setup/engine/extraterrestrial intervention etc.

I think Dennis posted that he was supporting some 7 drivers at that meet so maybe he's still sleeping
We experimented a little too much in qualifying, motors ran really good lap times in practice on Thursday. We should have the fix for
Nats. I will let Dennis comment on the details as far as what he wishes to disclose, I will say the motors have great potential and are almost but not quite there yet. I think it will be worth the wait.
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 04:42 PM   #395
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm only speaking for myself here, but I think everyone wants Dennis to succeed (except other motor manufacturers I guess, he he) so we all get a better deal in the long run.

I am drumming up interrest here on the west coast of Australia. Just need to know when we can get some motors.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 05:46 PM   #396
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Gentlemen we have a piston and sleeve issue. The specs I gave for the sleeve are causing some premature compression fall off. We are working on a resolution. unfortunatly the project is on hold as we work on a remedy.
Heres what I can tell you on friday brad ran consistant 20.1 20.2 20.3 LAPS. 20.5 TQ'd the race. The engines fell of into the 21.1 range on saturday so I made the decision to let the guys change over to either their Rihey novas or their JP's for the last qualifier or the main. Most of the RD richeys were either at the top of the b main or in the A. I personally ran one qualifier but the car kept rolling over. My focus was getting the RD/Richey under control. It did not happen. so the production is on hold for a month until we resolve the issue. we did not see the issue at the 1/2 gallon mark, it professed itself at the 3/4 gallon mark. Yes the richey RD motor will go to production but it will be delayed a month or so while we work this out.
Dennis

RD Drivers finished very high and I thank them all, some of them stuck with the RD Richey engine the whole event. Come Nationals we will have it under control. Thanks guys Heartfull thanks.
Munrath
Erock
1Fast1
YBslow
Ira Schultz
RayJ

You guys did a great Job. Come Nats time I will have the prototypes under control.

To everyone else thanks for your support. RD and I will bring you a JP equvielent for under 200 dollars we promise. Soon
Dennis
Old 07-29-2004, 06:16 PM   #397
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Props to you for being so honest about the issues encountered. This only serves to strengthen my resolve to be one of the first to be running Richey/RD engines here in Australia.

It does however prove my theory that issues will only ever be encountered at race meets and never in practice And I thought it was just me.....
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 11:46 PM   #398
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
RD and I will bring you a JP equvielent for under 200 dollars we promise. Soon
Dennis

THANK YOU, THANK YOOU, THANK YOOOOU!!!!!::

I applaud you hard work in developing a high performance engine and keeping the prices in check Dennis.

Novarossi based stock 3-port .12 engine prices has gotten rediculously high in the past two years. I dont think that the current engine technology(compared to two years ago)is such that it justifies the price we see now. I remember when $130 for a MT12 was the norm and our jaws would drop at the price of a Richey or a JP mod, which incidently is still cheaper than a current stock engine. Almost a $200 increase just for a bigger crank, revised timing, better piston materials, etc.?? C'mon!! And none of that is hand worked. When and where will it end. Yes, speed costs $$$ but usually more speed ='s turbos, superchargers, titanium, hand porting and other stuff that of course will add $$$.

Prices need to come back down NOW. How is this class going to grow when a teenage kid is going to have an almost impossible task to convince his parents to buy an $300+ "Stock" engine to go with his $300+ touring car just to go racing and be competitive. As a matter of fact, i'm still on a break from R/C racing and one of the reasons is engine prices. Head count at our local track hasn't grown either., infact it has dwindled, and I attribute this to the rising engine prices.

Well, i'm OK now. Done venting.

So........I now eagerly await the RD/Richey engine and the supposed lower priced Serpent Mega/Picco engines.
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 06:34 AM   #399
Tech Addict

Default Motorman's race team at the GLC

Pics just came in from Mike Myers. I thought I'd share with you the photos posted on the Starting Grid Forums for the GLC, Conf Toledo.

Dennis is seen in the middle, 3rd from left. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from left to right (and starting from back row) I know that its Eli Ezrow, Ira Schultz, Dennis Richey, Brad Toffelmire, Ray Juhl, Eric Jones, and Mark Unrath.

Here's Dennis's Beautiful 710 with the prototype RRE motor in it.

Last edited by tomkelley; 07-30-2004 at 06:49 AM.
tomkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 06:47 AM   #400
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to munrath

Hey Tom,

Thats Eric Jones and I. I'm the one with the Mugen shirt and Eric is standing to Ray's left.

Thanks,
Mark Unrath

Races for 2015:
PNB, AMS, E-Nats Warm-up, E-Nats, LCRC North East Challenge, RAC, LCRC Halloween, Badlands, ROAR Region 2 Series, and Local Club Racing
munrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 06:50 AM   #401
Tech Addict

Thanks for the clarification, I'm not always good with remembering peoples names. I just edited in the names.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:47 AM   #402
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mckrooz

Dennis looks about 20-something! I expected him to look a little older.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:20 AM   #403
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by mckrooz
Dennis looks about 20-something! I expected him to look a little older.
He is a bit older, and wise beyond his years. I know because he just had one of his kids graduate from HS recently, so he's got to be about 40ish.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:33 PM   #404
Tech Addict

Default more photos

Eric Jones got on the podium. Was he running one of your motors for the main Dennis?
Old 07-30-2004, 03:31 PM   #405
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No
Eric ran standard nova all weekend.

Nice run Eric

Chickey03 nice meeting you. will yak more at the nats.