R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 05-16-2004, 12:53 AM   #721
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First round of testing 21 P/S sets is over and we are totaly satisfyed with results. It was tested on R1 cranckcase and right out of the box showed outstanding power. It was stock version, with no any mdding done on it ( do we realy need curving the sleeve). Sleeve has 2 main transer ports, buuster, 2 cooling ports, 2 correction ports and 2 bypass ports + main exhaust and 2 sub exhsuat ports. Angles and shap of ports are changed from original sample. Main exhaust port is about 20 % bigger and top line on it is straight. Area of subexhaust ports are slightly increase too. Bypass ports are realy bigger may be 70% and shouting to different direction.
No we are on the stage when we will run this sets to check reliability and life.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 01:00 AM   #722
wad
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default 21 p/s sets

Good job Edward!!!!!
That motor was looking really good
Hopefully I can get one
Old 05-16-2004, 01:26 AM   #723
Tech Elite

Default Re: 21 p/s sets

Quote:
Originally posted by wad
Good job Edward!!!!!
That motor was looking really good
Hopefully I can get one
Thanks a lot Walter.
Yes you will
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 05-16-2004, 05:04 AM   #724
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Edward, Tony here,
from Coral Springs Road Runner Track,
in S. Florida.

I hope all is well
with you, have not seen you since
Winternats.
I believe it is time for a new .12 for my NTC3

[email protected]
Old 05-16-2004, 05:31 AM   #725
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111

Have start race tune the PS12 today, very impressive but my car not up to scratch yet and have minor engine issues
*8th**4PX***OS Speed XZ-R
*10th**4PX***OS Speed XZ
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 11:17 AM   #726
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

First race for the PS12 here in Texas. Qualified 2nd in the A-main in the SWCS race. More details to follow after the race. It has nice and sweet smooth power. And the fuel consumption.....like the energizer bunny......goes on and on and on.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:51 PM   #727
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi Everyone,

I just received my first engine over the weekend. To say I am impressed would be a understatement!. The pictures on this thread do not do the engine justice, It is truly a work of art, Let't not debate where Edward got his idea's from, lets congradulate him for bringing what he feels is the best, to us all of us!. You run this engine and all of sudden you wonder why other racers are paying 3 times as mcuh for a lot less then you have in your own car, this engine is a true racers secret right now, to all, enjoy what you have because by next year everyone will be running one.

Edward has built a better mouse trap, plain and simple!

Congrats my friend you have a winner..

Now lets go design the best carb!

Korgae
Old 05-17-2004, 08:06 AM   #728
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to LarryPryor

Hey Edward thanks for getting that S3 motor you moded back to me, it was really good this past weekend at our SWCS series race. Here is a little something that Todd and I came up with see what you think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc01300.jpg (155.7 KB, 272 views)

Last edited by LarryPryor; 05-17-2004 at 09:59 AM.
LarryPryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:51 AM   #729
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nice Larry ..... now where's mine! C-u next week at Phat Boyz in S.A.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:57 PM   #730
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default ps12

hey Eduard, sent you pm, waitind for your address thanks Peter, also will make plans soon for My visit
Speedypeterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:15 PM   #731
Tech Elite

Thanks a lot for everybody for support. I try to bring realy everything what is newest and most advanced in nitro engines designs. It is my engine, it is P/S sets for existing engines and later on i hope I will be able to ring more interesting parts. But without support all of my friends, it will be muchmore difficult.
I want to thanks personaly Kitracer, Surge, Pitracer, Tl2111, Korgae, JWF-Ronni, Lary, Modellor, Punisher and all to whom I didn't list here.
Now let's go back to work.
In next couple posts i will put pics of new 21 P/S set, which as I mentioned before is on testing process and very succesfully.We still have long way to test for life and durability.
Edward
Old 05-18-2004, 12:08 PM   #732
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My PS12 went through it's first full race weekend this past sat. and sun. at the SWCS race at the new RCRCNT facility (home of the TX Biggie) in Ft. Worth, TX. I ran it with 20% fuel, an Nelson plug and a NovaMega TP06 pipe with their conical header in my 710. It went very well and the engine performed like a champ. The engine temps never went out of control while operating upwards of 250F at times. I'm amazed at how well this engine dissipates heat. It's allows you to run pretty lean needle settings compared to what I've experienced with Nova based engines. The PS12 never blew a plug and never flamed out during racing. It had speeds similar to some of the modified engines despite a disadvantage in 701 gearing (I think I need to work on the clutch too) compared to MTX3's and a Kyosho. I think that's pretty impressive for a 2nd prototype. I'm sure we'll find more speed as we learn more about the engine.

It's power helped me qualify 2nd for the Amain. Unfortunately the A didn't go as well as qualifying but it wasn't the engines fault. I had a bad start and worked by way up from 9th to battle for 2nd before my 1st gear stipped out on the 710 with 5 or 6min. to go. Luckily I was far enough ahead that I still finished 5th overall. The engine had great fuel mileage and I was able to go for 7min. in my first stint. Apparently I started using more throttle since I ran out of fuel between 6 and 7min. on the second stint so we changed pit strategy to 6min. stints after that.

Thanks for the great design TG!!
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 06:14 PM   #733
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default hey

Hey Campbell, I sent you another email, are you still having trouble if so i can pm you. Let me know on this thread or pm me thanks Peter
Speedypeterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:11 PM   #734
Tech Rookie

Hi Ed
What a magnificent motor you have produced? I really like it and would love to have one. Where can I get it? Please let me know.

I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it.
Eric2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:39 PM   #735
afm
Tech Master

Default Answer to your comments on Sirio thread

quote:
Originally posted by Fura Fura
"hi , my engine was broke-in with 3 tank of sidewinder 16% nitro of full throttle and 80c temperature.... and 1 complete tank on the track so I started lean it out...... the engine lasted one race!!!the other one was broke-in with 5 tanks of Byron 16% on idle and 2 more tanks on the track and started to lean it out.... lasted one race.... the other one with 1 tank of full throttle and two on the track with Novarossi 10%!!!! one race long!!!!!!!! the other two I donít know how they broke the engine in... all I know is that the engine didnít last more than 2 races!!!!!!!!!! amazing... I think all the engines that came here came with problems!!!!!!!!!! fuck!!!! "
unquote

Answer by TG
It really sucks!!!!!!!!!!
I will never buy Sirio even after first engine, not to wait for 3.
Top Gun 777

quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
"Three different drivers, but problem is the same. So we can't claim someone make the same mistake-all three drivers can't make the same mistake. Only one thing left-engine".
unquote

Answer by AFM
I wouldn't jump on a terminal conclusion like you do TG, it would be the same if I said I have terrible experience with your Palmaris engine. Don't forget you are a manufacturer and it is not serious to comment like that.I think we must make more serious analysis before bashing a brand of engine. You know better than anybody that Breaking-in at WOT, if not done correctly can damage any engine, and maybe that is what they did wrong, also they didnít follow the manufacturer suggestion for Break-In.Here at my track there are several drivers with Sirios and nobody has had that kind of problems.Lets have more caution on criticizing an engine and not create panic among users because of somebodyís bad experience we haven't lived or seen personally.Or are you trying to "divert water to your well" ???????
AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote