R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 07-27-2004, 02:21 PM   #871
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

By the way, check your o rings. I was hit by the bad oring on my Mt12 which give me tons of problem on tuning it once I change the o rings the PS12 is rocking hard.
boner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 04:17 PM   #872
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Click. It sounds like you're still too rich. It's like the glow plug is cooling off from too much fuel. Try a couple things (Edward might not agree). Try leaning the top end needle 1/2 turn (down to 4turns) and see what it does. It sounds drastic but it will give you an idea if it's too rich. Or you can try this. When the engine is running, try pinching the fuel line for 2 seconds (this will lean the mixture) then let go and hit the throttle. This will give you and idea about what to do without changing the needle settings. I often do that to see if I need to lean the bottom end more.

Have you looked at the plug to see how much or how little oil is on the plug body?

Also, check to make sure that the plug is not leaking. I had a small piece of dirt in a thread one time and the plug didn't seal right so it didn't run right.

Keep in mind that this engine tunes differently than other engines. Try not to pay too much attention to the number of needle turns. It's more important to tune to your carb. I had trouble with a brand new NovaMega carburetor once. I adjusted the needles to the same number of turns as my NovaRossi carb. But the engine just wouldn't run. I discovered that the low needle setting was too tight so it was actually closing off the spray bar and no fuel was getting into the engine. Once I unscrewed the low end needle, the engine ran fine. Once I got it tuned, the low end needle was unscrewed about a turn more than my NovaRossi carb is. Not to say that's your problem, but it just goes to show that all carbs are not equal.

Don't be afraid to try turning the needle a lot, say 1/2 turn at a time. This might help get to a better starting point. If it doesn't seem to be working, then re-set the needles to the base settings they've mentioned here. You won't hurt the engine. The worst I've done is burn out a plug from being too lean and even then the temps were not over 280F.
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:18 PM   #873
Tech Adept

were can a person find out about puchasing one of these engines. I have pm'd a few days ago and no response.
laro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 07:58 PM   #874
Tech Regular

laro: TopGun777 is the man you have to talk to. He is really busy man but he will get back to you once he is free. Also his service is GREAT!!! Highly recommended
Old 07-29-2004, 02:02 PM   #875
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

I've tried all the settings I can with the carb but still no luck.

I've sealed the carb but still no luck.

I only can get #6 Novarossi plugs. I'll have to wait & see if #5's make a difference???

I still find it hard to understand how a plug can make such a big difference but as somebody said these engines are different!!

Thanks for your input.

All the best
click, dublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 05:46 PM   #876
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

please anybody send me the website of team palmaris.....

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:07 PM   #877
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by click, dublin
Hi Guys,

I've tried all the settings I can with the carb but still no luck.

I've sealed the carb but still no luck.

I only can get #6 Novarossi plugs. I'll have to wait & see if #5's make a difference???

I still find it hard to understand how a plug can make such a big difference but as somebody said these engines are different!!

Thanks for your input.

All the best
Hi Kevin.
It is not carb, as Surge mentioned before-it is glow plug's filament cool down.
One of the main ideas in this kind of design is to have heat go out as fast as possible. In your particular case, when ambient is too low ( 11 C) it is overcooling and will not idle on regular settings. Unfortunately I personaly have no chance to try this engine in cold weather, but we run it on stand in Russia with properller at -35 C , but it was prop and it was only test for max RPM.
My starting point in your weather will be defently #5 plug. if not colder. I also will try to remove one 0.05 mm shim, it will rase temperature right away.
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:10 PM   #878
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by SalvadoriRacing
please anybody send me the website of team palmaris.....
there is no web site available for public at the moment. Sorry for inconvinients.
I or all my friends can answer on any of your questions regarding motors or P/S sets we have.
Best regards
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:12 PM   #879
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

I would like to know where can I find these engines for sale.

Thanks

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 02:23 AM   #880
Tech Adept

Hi Edward,

Thanks for the info.

I'm waiting for some no.5's.

Many Thanks
click, dublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 04:11 AM   #881
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111
Default Team Spec

run in a New PS12 with Ed extra work on it, first tank idling between 80c and 85c, temp stay like that for the whole tank, 2nd and 3rd rich around the track, 4th start lean it slowly and the engine have serious power already, unfortunately start showering so cant do anymore race tune. will do more testing the weekend
*8th**4PX***OS Speed XZ-R
*10th**4PX***OS Speed XZ
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 06:07 AM   #882
Tech Regular

tl2111: what's done to your ps12? can't beleive TG777 have gone to another notch with PS12. Yesterday when I ran my Ps12, decide to lean in more, settle around 240F from 180F hell break loose, thought the power have broke my centax. clutch bell spining together with flywheel after couple laps of hot laps. Well turns out the power have somehow "break" loose the flywheel nuts Another bug is torn O-Ring at the carb, note to self never twist carb body while applying pressure and if it's not broken dont touch it.

TG777: great work on the PS12. very smooth and powerful love it.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:28 AM   #883
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111

Quote:
Originally posted by boner
tl2111: what's done to your ps12? can't beleive TG777 have gone to another notch with PS12. Yesterday when I ran my Ps12, decide to lean in more, settle around 240F from 180F hell break loose, thought the power have broke my centax. clutch bell spining together with flywheel after couple laps of hot laps. Well turns out the power have somehow "break" loose the flywheel nuts Another bug is torn O-Ring at the carb, note to self never twist carb body while applying pressure and if it's not broken dont touch it.

TG777: great work on the PS12. very smooth and powerful love it.
boner, I will let Ed to answer what he has done, all I can tell you this mod is simple but effective
*8th**4PX***OS Speed XZ-R
*10th**4PX***OS Speed XZ
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 06:36 AM   #884
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by tl2111
boner, I will let Ed to answer what he has done, all I can tell you this mod is simple but effective
Hey..... keep the secret to yourself
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 07:14 AM   #885
Tech Adept

hi tl2111,
please give me also that information
dieter
4racer is offline   Reply With Quote