Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Palmaris engine thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Ed, sorry off topic.

Aren't the current F1 engines using bi-metals after beryllium was banned since year 2001?

Rgds
Old 04-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: BRB TQ

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Congratulation Chris to you and to your driver. You are really setting the standarts by beating .15 engines and all outlaws with stock 3 port legal p/s sets. Also Chris, great stability-5 set in A-main is really something!
I guess now everybody can see where the power located-not in the cuts and numbers of ports. Still first generation? Even by my best calculation should be over a while ago.
Edward
It was great weekend. Remember these guys are private guys bought the sets from hobby shops in HK. Only one semi sponsor driver here who kept complaining that I gave him the first generation BRB

They were competing with Team drivers using 15 engines

Will have some pictures later today from the happy customers
Old 04-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Malaysian Results

Hey Chris, congrats on the good showing. For us here in MY, there are 3 drivers in total including myself running the BRB. Out of the 3, 2 driving Serpent 710 (me and crashed_1) and one driving a Kyosho FW05R (cow buster).

So in the Kyosho Cup qualifyings last Sunday, I heard that our sole Kyosho BRB driver qualfied A4 and ended A2. Not too bad I think since I believe it's the first time he landed A after switching to the FW05R. And yes, I heard he had a few engine cuts during the main and a few car problems. Despite that, he manage to recover and fight back to get to the A2 spot. I was told the engine flame outs were not because they were too lean as they were easy to restart but I think it's the tuning fault of the user user...
Old 04-17-2005, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Malaysian Results

Originally posted by InitialD
Hey Chris, congrats on the good showing. For us here in MY, there are 3 drivers in total including myself running the BRB. Out of the 3, 2 driving Serpent 710 (me and crashed_1) and one driving a Kyosho FW05R (cow buster).

So in the Kyosho Cup qualifyings last Sunday, I heard that our sole Kyosho BRB driver qualfied A4 and ended A2. Not too bad I think since I believe it's the first time he landed A after switching to the FW05R. And yes, I heard he had a few engine cuts during the main and a few car problems. Despite that, he manage to recover and fight back to get to the A2 spot. I was told the engine flame outs were not because they were too lean as they were easy to restart but I think it's the tuning fault of the user user...
I was pitting for cow and noticed the car/engine was consistantly fast...it got even faster as the tyres wore down. As for the flameouts...no idea. It happened but no major drama except i wasn't familiar with the FWs starter box alignment...
Old 04-18-2005, 12:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Malaysian Results

Originally posted by crashed_1
I was pitting for cow and noticed the car/engine was consistantly fast...it got even faster as the tyres wore down. As for the flameouts...no idea. It happened but no major drama except i wasn't familiar with the FWs starter box alignment...
Crashed, and D, great result

same here, but I think also other engines were getting slower as well and ours as least kept the same.

First 10 mins, Christopher Cheung, the Asia cup runner up clearly have a quicker car. He was using Team Max 15 engine with 7mm carb. he can pulled from the TQ guy about 1 car lenght per lap.

But after 15 mins, all the BRB's just as quick as him, if not faster. Unfortunately, my TQ driver stripped the mid belt so he only managed to finish 5 th. Not bad with 2 wheel drving for 20 mins of the race.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default congratulation to Boy2Rc

He was the first driver made 34 laps in the morning session of the qualify. almost TQ... you are a A main driver now....

His car
Attached Thumbnails Palmaris engine thread-boy2rc-s-.jpg  
Old 04-18-2005, 01:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: congratulation to Boy2Rc

Becareful Chris... Boy2Rc's engine looks too new ! Rody Roem might come in here and claim that it's his engine. (j/k)
Old 04-18-2005, 01:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Talking 5 BRB A main

Here are the 5 guys using BRB got to the A main.

The guy in the middle is Ah Wai who TQ with BRB first gen.
Attached Thumbnails Palmaris engine thread-palmaris-hk-s-.jpg  
Old 04-18-2005, 01:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default qualify result

the qualify result.
Attached Thumbnails Palmaris engine thread-qualify-s-.jpg  

Last edited by kitracer; 04-18-2005 at 03:44 AM.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default brb heat sink

Here is the TQ driver's car
Cheung KW.

D, I really temp to say something but..... better keep it low
Attached Thumbnails Palmaris engine thread-tq-car-s-.jpg  

Last edited by kitracer; 04-18-2005 at 02:20 AM.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Video

http://www.rcmodel.com.hk/lb5000/top...pic=283&show=0

here is a link to some pictures and a short Video clip of a A main final

I know. this will be the last post about the race... sorry guys too many post but me just too happy.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I thougth you guys used mainly GTP bodies. Are those very pupolar overthere KitRacer?
Old 04-18-2005, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: congratulation to Boy2Rc

Originally posted by InitialD
Becareful Chris... Boy2Rc's engine looks too new ! Rody Roem might come in here and claim that it's his engine. (j/k)
Yes, thanks Rody the heatsink and thanks MAX the crankcase too

In fact...I really thanks Chris, he alway take care guy who bought stuff from him
Old 04-18-2005, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: congratulation to Boy2Rc

Originally posted by boy2rc
Yes, thanks Rody the heatsink and thanks MAX the crankcase too

In fact...I really thanks Chris, he alway take care guy who bought stuff from him
Attached Thumbnails Palmaris engine thread-123_2398a.jpg  
Old 04-18-2005, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by nitrodude
I thougth you guys used mainly GTP bodies. Are those very pupolar overthere KitRacer?
Not anymore. We use Tourer only now.

I think we had a small race last week still use the GTP body , otherwise nothing.

But GTP was fun. we can be within 1 sec per lap to the fastest 1/8 back then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.