R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2004, 01:51 PM   #781
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default Re: Re: Re: Dino:

Quote:
Originally posted by jscamry
Dino, I was looking on the boca site for the front bearing for the D3. I just had a few questions. What is the difference between the ceramic bearings and phenolic plastic bearings? also what is the C3 class?

thanks Jason
You should ask them. They are PRO....

Hint...MR607-2RU TH9/C3 or MR607C-2RU TH9/C3 (ceramic)
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 02:20 PM   #782
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Dino:

Quote:
Originally posted by jscamry
Dino, I was looking on the boca site for the front bearing for the D3. I just had a few questions. What is the difference between the ceramic bearings and phenolic plastic bearings? also what is the C3 class?

thanks Jason
I am not Dino, but may be can help you.
Ceramic bearuing is with ceramic balls ( most advanced techology in bearings today) and phenolic plastic means the cage , which holding balls on their place made out of phenolic plastic. Tehre are couple different type of cage-plastic, pressed steel, machined brass etc. For our aplication is most suitble phenolic plastic cage.
C3-it is description of internal clearance between balls and rings in bearings-there are 5 types from C0 to C5. C0 is tightest and C5 is loosest clerance. I personaly preferd to use C5 clearnance, but it is realy difficult to find.
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 07:06 PM   #783
Tech Elite
 
tallyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: palm city, fl
Posts: 2,594
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

aren't ceramic bearing illegal in motors?
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 08:52 PM   #784
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Dino:

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
I am not Dino, but may be can help you.
Ceramic bearuing is with ceramic balls ( most advanced techology in bearings today) and phenolic plastic means the cage , which holding balls on their place made out of phenolic plastic. Tehre are couple different type of cage-plastic, pressed steel, machined brass etc. For our aplication is most suitble phenolic plastic cage.
C3-it is description of internal clearance between balls and rings in bearings-there are 5 types from C0 to C5. C0 is tightest and C5 is loosest clerance. I personaly preferd to use C5 clearnance, but it is realy difficult to find.
You prefer C5 clearance
You must be joking?

http://www.bocabearings.com/industrial/indentify.htm
#9 RADIAL PLAY (MC3)
Symbol MC3 followed by numbers indicates the range of radial play.
Example: MC3=0.005-0.013mm (0.0002 to 0.0005 inch)
Example: MC4=0.013-0.020mm (0.0005 to 0.0008 inch)
Symbol C designates larger size metric bearings.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 08:59 PM   #785
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tallyrc
aren't ceramic bearing illegal in motors?
http://www.roarracing.com/rules/pdfs/2004rules.pdf

On page 33;
rule #6-29 Ceramic bearings are allowed no other ceramic parts will be allowed in any engine raced in ROAR events.

So ceramic coating piston is illegal?
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 09:00 AM   #786
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dino:

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
You prefer C5 clearance
You must be joking?

http://www.bocabearings.com/industrial/indentify.htm
#9 RADIAL PLAY (MC3)
Symbol MC3 followed by numbers indicates the range of radial play.
Example: MC3=0.005-0.013mm (0.0002 to 0.0005 inch)
Example: MC4=0.013-0.020mm (0.0005 to 0.0008 inch)
Symbol C designates larger size metric bearings.
Hi Dino. Yes I preferd C5. This is one of the reasons why we use rear bearing with no inner ring-we calibrate balls and we do that clearance which we think is best for us.
I sugest you try one, I mean try use C4 or C5 instead of C3 ( I am sure on your company you can put one bearing together for trial)
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 10:12 PM   #787
Tech Addict
 
jscamry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Oviedo,FL
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry
Talking Re: Re: Re: Re: Dino:

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
You should ask them. They are PRO....

Hint...MR607-2RU TH9/C3 or MR607C-2RU TH9/C3 (ceramic)
thanks for the hint.... Dino..
I was also wondering if it is recommended to replace teh rear bearing also while changing the front? if so, what are the sepcs on the rear beareing for the D3?

thanks Jason
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 10:23 PM   #788
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dino:

Quote:
Originally posted by jscamry
thanks for the hint.... Dino..
I was also wondering if it is recommended to replace teh rear bearing also while changing the front? if so, what are the sepcs on the rear beareing for the D3?

thanks Jason
HINT AGAIN! Hope your eyesight is good....
MR6801 TH9/C3 or MR6801C TH9/C3 (ceramic)

It depend on the bearing condition. And the bearing life depend on the fuel that you using.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 07:24 PM   #789
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 3,022
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Dino....not sure if ya ( or any others )remember me. I had posted probably several pages back. Having problems breaking in my D5 , specifically getting it to run smooth. I always thought it was a problem with the carb but never was sure. I ended up ordering a new one which I finally received,no fault of the company I ordered from.Anyway, I have yet to try the new carb on the engine, but I have moved the slide by hand and it is much smoother.I will let you all know how things go when I get a chance to run it.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 08:48 PM   #790
Tech Addict
 
jscamry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Oviedo,FL
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dino:

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
HINT AGAIN! Hope your eyesight is good....
MR6801 TH9/C3 or MR6801C TH9/C3 (ceramic)

It depend on the bearing condition. And the bearing life depend on the fuel that you using.
how do I tell if the rear beaing needs replacing? what are the signs? also is there anyway to tell with out taking out the bearing from the engine??

thanks Jason
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 10:01 AM   #791
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dino:

Quote:
Originally posted by jscamry
how do I tell if the rear beaing needs replacing? what are the signs? also is there anyway to tell with out taking out the bearing from the engine??

thanks Jason
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=29443

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=29963

dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:45 AM   #792
Tech Addict
 
jscamry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Oviedo,FL
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry
Default

thanks for the links DIno!!!
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 05:32 AM   #793
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Norway
Posts: 101
Default

After changing from a .15 manifold to a .12, smoke and fuel are coming up the lid of my tank, seems like there is too much pressure?? i have tryed longer pressure tube, but no better.

My tank isnt that old, 6 months?

Any suggestions??
Finken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:18 AM   #794
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,542
Default D5R

I just got my self a D5R, the one with the black heat sink. I ve seen this beast performing at the recent FEMCA race in Thailand and it is on par if not better that most of the modded high cost engine. From there on I knew I just have to get one. Now I just need to wait for the upcoming V1RRR to put the beast in.
__________________
Dudududududuuuuuu.....
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 10:35 AM   #795
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Finken
After changing from a .15 manifold to a .12, smoke and fuel are coming up the lid of my tank, seems like there is too much pressure?? i have tryed longer pressure tube, but no better.

My tank isnt that old, 6 months?

Any suggestions??
Change your fuel lid immediately. A leaking lid will let your engine overheat.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
.:Go Engines vs. Jammin Engines:. lanerbrainer205 Nitro Off-Road 20 12-23-2007 04:46 PM
.12 Engines sale all new pipes too. 6 engines ericsp2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-06-2007 02:19 PM
os engines compared to rb engines rhymster Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 4 08-03-2007 05:13 PM
IDM engines and picco engines foampervert Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 5 11-23-2006 05:36 AM
SH engines crazyjr Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 7 01-20-2006 03:13 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:42 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net