STS engines

Old 06-02-2004, 09:40 AM
Nitro Tech

Default Re: D5R

Originally posted by dameetz
I just got my self a D5R, the one with the black heat sink. I ve seen this beast performing at the recent FEMCA race in Thailand and it is on par if not better that most of the modded high cost engine. From there on I knew I just have to get one. Now I just need to wait for the upcoming V1RRR to put the beast in.
Thank you Sir.<kiss>
Old 06-03-2004, 12:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by dino.tw
Change your fuel lid immediately. A leaking lid will let your engine overheat.
sometimes it is not how old it is, it is how you used it. I would suggest changing to a new tank all together.

On my 710, I have the same thing ( only 1 month old). I tried changing the foam inside the lid but after 2 to 3 more tanks, it started leaking again. It was alignment problem on the lid and the tank. with the new tank, problem fixed so far ( hopefully).
Old 06-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: D5R

I just got a D5R as well. Although the instructions say to break it in a certain way, I decided to break it in using the "heat run-in" method.

I only put 3 tanks in it and it looks like a killer!!!! i also have a mugen X12 coming so i'll let you all know how they compare to each other.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: D5R

Future post by James Y
My conrod pin just snapped off the crank! I don't know why, very disapointed..
hehehehe
Old 06-05-2004, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

Default STS D3 linking oil????

Hi to all racing people!

Can anybody tell me if they also experience having a very wet engine after each tank ran? My tank is not leaking; the pipe is not leaking; the carb is not leaking but I notice a mist shoots out from the bearing behind the flywell. I don't know if this is the cause of the engine over heating.

I also noticed that this engine only last a 5 minute heat. I was racing in a 20 minute mains and after 5 minutes it will just flame out. I know you'll tell me I have it too lean, BUT! if I don't I'm like driving a modified .10 engine. Already have an expert engine tuner work on it and still the same problem told me to het a more reliable engine

This engine is brand new by the way.

Thanks,
Roy
Old 06-05-2004, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

How good is this D3 engine?? Is it as good as Novarossi NSR 12 or the Novamax??

Is the D3 a modified engine, i mean has it been done some work on sleeve? etc.

My choice now, is to choose either NSR, Novamax or the D3......

PS: I need an engine with good low ens, our track is tight and thechnical.
Old 06-05-2004, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

get a d5r
Old 06-06-2004, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: STS D3 linking oil????

Originally posted by f2000racer
Hi to all racing people!

Can anybody tell me if they also experience having a very wet engine after each tank ran? My tank is not leaking; the pipe is not leaking; the carb is not leaking but I notice a mist shoots out from the bearing behind the flywell. I don't know if this is the cause of the engine over heating.

I also noticed that this engine only last a 5 minute heat. I was racing in a 20 minute mains and after 5 minutes it will just flame out. I know you'll tell me I have it too lean, BUT! if I don't I'm like driving a modified .10 engine. Already have an expert engine tuner work on it and still the same problem told me to het a more reliable engine

This engine is brand new by the way.

Thanks,
Roy
the seal of the front bearing (behind the flywheel) might be blown,... when load is high (justt applied throttle) it'll suck some extra air from outside of the engine (causing lean mixture and heating the engine),.. when releasing throttle, sometimes you can hear it "psssshhh" like a blow-off valve from a t-charged engine and it vents some of your precious nitro out,.. I think that's where the slightly-oily substance came from

it happened to me once w/ an older nova (didn't even care to replace anything in those days, hehe)
Old 06-06-2004, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

get a d5r

I need an EFRA legal one, please give me some hints about this engines performance!!!

How good is this D3 engine?? Is it as good as Novarossi NSR 12 or the Novamax??
Old 06-07-2004, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Anyway, i have ordered an D3 from Mushroom, mostly becouse its easy to get help here from you and Dino, but also thair exelent customer service.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:46 AM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by Finken
Anyway, i have ordered an D3 from Mushroom, mostly becouse its easy to get help here from you and Dino, but also thair exelent customer service.
Thank you,Finken.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Finken
Mushroom has most the parts, and Dino all the answers hehehe
Old 06-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Co-Sign....

Originally posted by au_Nightmare
Mushroom has most the parts, and Dino all the answers hehehe

Most tech support of a product I've seen of late. It's always good to see a factory support guy on the boards. Which is why my next engine will be that D5R.

Oh, Dino, thanks for the break in tips. The polishing deal with the sleeve worked wonders. If only I could get some other people from telling me I ruined the engine, it would be nice. Youshould check the 'Lapping the Piston and Sleeve' thread when you have time...
Old 06-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: STS D3 linking oil????

Thanks for the reply but like I said this is a brand new engine and the bearing seal seem to be tight enough.

Does this bearing only have a seal on the outside facing the flywheel and none on the inside?

Thanks,
Roy

Originally posted by orangbaligila
the seal of the front bearing (behind the flywheel) might be blown,... when load is high (justt applied throttle) it'll suck some extra air from outside of the engine (causing lean mixture and heating the engine),.. when releasing throttle, sometimes you can hear it "psssshhh" like a blow-off valve from a t-charged engine and it vents some of your precious nitro out,.. I think that's where the slightly-oily substance came from

it happened to me once w/ an older nova (didn't even care to replace anything in those days, hehe)
Old 06-09-2004, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Dino:

I was wondering if sts has any plans of producing a new .12 engine, besides the D3?

thanks Jason

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.