R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 05-20-2004, 03:49 AM   #766
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Re: SWEEEEEET

Quote:
Originally posted by jscamry
racecar85-how do you like the D3 with the sts pipe? i have a D3 also, and I need to get better pipe. I am using an old paris turbo ring pipe.

thanks Jason
There is a news. The ZEN .12 pipe is coming soon. Adjustable pipe's length is this time characteristic. Last time was adjustable tail pipe internal diameter....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zen 12 pipe.jpg (55.3 KB, 172 views)
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 04:15 AM   #767
Tech Master

Nice pipes..

When is the STS pipe coming out for LD3/NTC3? lol.. only kidding, I know that will never happen (fair enough - not enough market, though id love to see one <grin>)

Go the DRAGON!!
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 10:52 AM   #768
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry
Default Dino

Dino-how does the Adjustable pipe's length work?
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 10:55 AM   #769
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Dino

Quote:
Dino-how does the Adjustable pipe's length work?
Put on shims behind the gasket.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:01 AM   #770
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry

that is a neat design. how long untill the new pipe hits the streets? also Dino, I was wondering if you have any pics of the moded projectzen piston/sleeves? I emailed them but new response...

thanks again Jason
Old 05-20-2004, 11:12 AM   #771
Nitro Tech

Quote:
that is a neat design. how long untill the new pipe hits the streets? also Dino, I was wondering if you have any pics of the moded projectzen piston/sleeves? I emailed them but new response...

thanks again Jason
I have seen some samples but I haven't get mine...
All send to Zen for testing...So I don't know how much distance it adjustable.

No,I don't have pics fo Zen mod. p/s. You better call them,I think Geoff is very busy now.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:50 PM   #772
Tech Regular

Dino, I'm not sure if my rs3 is giving out on me. I have had the engine for one month and have run a little more than half a gallon through it. during break-in, i ran it really rich (fuel coming out of exhaust) and was just starting to lean it out some more today (still a little fuel coming out of exhaust). The engine was running terribly . So i called it a day, and brought in my engine and took out the glow plug. There is absoutely no pinch whatsoever!! After 1/2 a gallon, i am pretty sure that my engine is losing compression!! Now i kept it rich whenever i ran it and was very tedious during break in and cleaned it every few runs. So please don't tell me my motor is going on me already!!!
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 05:13 PM   #773
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by bballer
Dino, I'm not sure if my rs3 is giving out on me. I have had the engine for one month and have run a little more than half a gallon through it. during break-in, i ran it really rich (fuel coming out of exhaust) and was just starting to lean it out some more today (still a little fuel coming out of exhaust). The engine was running terribly . So i called it a day, and brought in my engine and took out the glow plug. There is absoutely no pinch whatsoever!! After 1/2 a gallon, i am pretty sure that my engine is losing compression!! Now i kept it rich whenever i ran it and was very tedious during break in and cleaned it every few runs. So please don't tell me my motor is going on me already!!!
The engine was running terribly
terrible fast or terrible slow???
How you know your engine is losing compression? Can't keep idle or you need to higher the idle? Have you try another new plug? Or is there any leaking?
Old 05-20-2004, 05:17 PM   #774
Tech Regular

terribly slow, i just put in a brand new nova #4, where would the most likely place for an air leak be?

P.S. When an engine doesn't have a pinch at the tdc, the piston/sleeve is dead, right
thanks
Old 05-20-2004, 05:28 PM   #775
Nitro Tech

Quote:
terribly slow, i just put in a brand new nova #4, where would the most likely place for an air leak be?

P.S. When an engine doesn't have a pinch at the tdc, the piston/sleeve is dead, right
thanks
Just check if the plug has air leaking.

Also,When an engine doesn't have a pinch at the tdc, the piston/sleeve is dead, right???

NO! Every brand's engine has each own characteristic. So you should said when the engine can't keep idling then the engine is going to die.

To STS engine,the engine is just awake form now. Check all moving parts if it still at good condition. Take out 0.1mm shims and lean it now. And kick other's ass.......
Old 05-20-2004, 06:03 PM   #776
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
Just check if the plug has air leaking.

Also,When an engine doesn't have a pinch at the tdc, the piston/sleeve is dead, right???

NO! Every brand's engine has each own characteristic. So you should said when the engine can't keep idling then the engine is going to die.

To STS engine,the engine is just awake form now. Check all moving parts if it still at good condition. Take out 0.1mm shims and lean it now. And kick other's ass.......
lol!!! All right, thanks for the info. I just replaced the conrad as recommended, and everything else is good. Are you saying to take out the stock shim and run the engine with no shims when im running byrons 20% and am about to lean it out?
Thanks for the help, when i could turn the piston i was scared, but i guess i was overreacting
Old 05-20-2004, 06:11 PM   #777
Nitro Tech

Quote:
lol!!! All right, thanks for the info. I just replaced the conrad as recommended, and everything else is good. Are you saying to take out the stock shim and run the engine with no shims when im running byrons 20% and am about to lean it out?
Thanks for the help, when i could turn the piston i was scared, but i guess i was overreacting
byrons 20% is good. The 0.3mm alu. shim is ok just lean it.
And you can try 0.2mm brass shim at small track for better low end punch.

P.S : Above statement is for normal plug...
Old 05-20-2004, 06:21 PM   #778
Tech Regular

thanks, one last thing, i was told that when you have the glow plug in and the engine mounted in the car, you shouldn't be able to turn the flywheel w/ one finger, and i can. Is that ok for my rs3 b/c it has different characteristics??
Thanks, and btw it isn't turbo head
Old 05-20-2004, 06:40 PM   #779
Nitro Tech

Quote:
thanks, one last thing, i was told that when you have the glow plug in and the engine mounted in the car, you shouldn't be able to turn the flywheel w/ one finger, and i can. Is that ok for my rs3 b/c it has different characteristics??
Thanks, and btw it isn't turbo head
If your engine can't keep idling then the engine is going to die.
Drop some fuel to lubricate your piston from the plug hole. Then screw up the plug and try again. Also maybe your finger is too strong or you eat too much spinach.
Old 05-21-2004, 12:50 AM   #780
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Dino:

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
Jason,

The front bearing is ISO #607 (7x19x6). To buy one "double rubber seals bearing(2RS)" from Boca,make sure it is "C3" class.

Dino

Dino, I was looking on the boca site for the front bearing for the D3. I just had a few questions. What is the difference between the ceramic bearings and phenolic plastic bearings? also what is the C3 class?

thanks Jason