R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2004, 06:41 PM   #931
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Z00M
Anyone able to answer this?
not to sure the 5/p does have a different carb and crank try it and turn it by hand i don't know if the rotation of the crank is the same. i have a friend that did that to a jp took a 5/p and put a 3/p p/s in it
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:34 PM   #932
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Z00M
Can anyone tell me if I can use a 3 port sleve from an RS3 in an RS5 motor?

I have a brand new RS5 that I can't use for sanctioned racing(or even club racing for that matter!) over here in Western Australia, and was wondering if I can fix my problem cheaply by fitting a 3 port sleeve.

Dino, maybe you can answer this one for me. There's no supplier of STS motors over here on the West Coast of Western Australia that can tell me.

Cheers,

Mike.
Yes,all STS .12 parts are interchangeable.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:37 PM   #933
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default Re: Dino

Quote:
Originally posted by jscamry
how long untill the .12 adjustable roar legal tuned pipe is out to purchase? also will the pipe be avalible to purchase seperatly from the header?


thanks Jason
I'm waiting for the production,too. Maybe next month....
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:38 PM   #934
Tech Master
 
Z00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,173
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
Yes,all STS .12 parts are interchangeable.
Great! Now can anyone tell me where I can buy a sleeve here in Australia?

Dino, tell your bosses I need an STS distributor here in Western Australia. I can organise some contacts for you if you like.
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:48 PM   #935
Tech Addict
 
Formula1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Buckeye City!
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Z00M
Great! Now can anyone tell me where I can buy a sleeve here in Australia?

Also where can I get parts in the U.S. I am new with this engine. It was given to me used. Thanks.
Formula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:49 PM   #936
Tech Addict
 
Thunder racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: ((^^Keep It Sidewayz^^))
Posts: 536
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Z00M
Great! Now can anyone tell me where I can buy a sleeve here in Australia?

Dino, tell your bosses I need an STS distributor here in Western Australia. I can organise some contacts for you if you like.
If ya talk to Tommy Lee. His on the other side of the country but he will send you the parts you need. His a Legend he'll hook you up. He hooked me up when i had my problem with my Crank and rod. He has a User on RCTECH. this is his user name---- tl2111

Cheers Deano
Thunder racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:53 PM   #937
Tech Addict
 
Thunder racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: ((^^Keep It Sidewayz^^))
Posts: 536
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Formula1fan
Also where can I get parts in the U.S. I am new with this engine. It was given to me used. Thanks.
there you go bro. He a talk to this guy:

North America Distributor
PROJECT ZEN
707 Silver Spur Ste 106,Rolling Hills Estates,CA 90274,USA
Contact : Geoff
Website : www.projectzen.net
e-mail : [email protected]
Phone : (310) 544-1508
Fax : (310) 544-1966


Cheers Deano
Thunder racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:54 PM   #938
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Formula1fan
Also where can I get parts in the U.S. I am new with this engine. It was given to me used. Thanks.
www.ProjectZen.net
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:57 PM   #939
Tech Addict
 
Formula1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Buckeye City!
Posts: 691
Default

Good lookin out
Formula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 09:09 PM   #940
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default

Look at the famous Italian magazine True Model

What is that on the front page of the newest issue? (hint left under side)
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 12:19 AM   #941
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

.
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 02:26 PM   #942
Tech Addict
 
f2000racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 501
Default

Hey Dino,

When are you going to post the specs on the new D3R and D5R. I'd like to know more about it before deciding to get one.

My D3 I finally was able to run properly after sealing the leaks on the carb. Does this engine really like to run on the lean side (hot!)? I'm using 25% fuel and if I don't give it enough lean then it drives like a grandmother, but then if I lean it to run competitively, I get up to 300 F temp range huh!.

Thanks,
Roy

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
Look at the famous Italian magazine True Model

What is that on the front page of the newest issue? (hint left under side)
f2000racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 08:04 PM   #943
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by f2000racer
Hey Dino,

When are you going to post the specs on the new D3R and D5R. I'd like to know more about it before deciding to get one.

My D3 I finally was able to run properly after sealing the leaks on the carb. Does this engine really like to run on the lean side (hot!)? I'm using 25% fuel and if I don't give it enough lean then it drives like a grandmother, but then if I lean it to run competitively, I get up to 300 F temp range huh!.

Thanks,
Roy
Dear Roy,

The specs of Draron and Dragon Racing engine are all the same. The modified engine just has better acceleration. I would suggest you to buy modified version because our modified engine is inexpensive.

Have you try to take out some head shims? When the engine has enough power than you don't need to lean it too much. With 25% I would use 0.4mm shims and #7 turbo plug. Sometime we need to do reverse operation.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 10:46 PM   #944
Tech Fanatic
 
Data's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NCC-1701E, the Enterprise
Posts: 765
Thumbs up the DxR engines

dino:

tried both the d3r and the d5r today, both ran very well. both engine might be a little weak on top (not by much, compare to other mod engines running 40% fuel), but the smooth yet powerful bottom/mid makes it all up. the d3r accelerate better than the d5r, but it might be becasue the d3r was installed on a mtx-3 while the d5r was on an evo. the gear ratio of both cars are pretty close. the d5r has a better top (being a 5 port engine and with an outlaw pipe). the d3r ran at about 250F (sedan) while the d5r was at 220F (lola).

there was something wrong with the d3r carb. had to use an NR carb. to make the eigine more stable. need to find out whats wrong with the d3r carb. the d5r carb. works fine.

i put about 1 liter of fuel through each engine today and the updated cranks still hold and no leaks yet . lets see how long they will last. overall i like the d series engines, they suit the way i drive.

data
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 12:23 AM   #945
Tech Addict
 
f2000racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 501
Default Re: the DxR engines

Looks promising. But then again, it proves that its not me that has a problem tuning my D3 since you find that there is something wrong with the carb on the D3R.

Oh well I'm sad to say that I've given up with this engine and will go with the more stable one (no need to mention since most should know).

Thanks for all the help Dino!

Roy

Quote:
Originally posted by Data
dino:

tried both the d3r and the d5r today, both ran very well. both engine might be a little weak on top (not by much, compare to other mod engines running 40% fuel), but the smooth yet powerful bottom/mid makes it all up. the d3r accelerate better than the d5r, but it might be becasue the d3r was installed on a mtx-3 while the d5r was on an evo. the gear ratio of both cars are pretty close. the d5r has a better top (being a 5 port engine and with an outlaw pipe). the d3r ran at about 250F (sedan) while the d5r was at 220F (lola).

there was something wrong with the d3r carb. had to use an NR carb. to make the eigine more stable. need to find out whats wrong with the d3r carb. the d5r carb. works fine.

i put about 1 liter of fuel through each engine today and the updated cranks still hold and no leaks yet . lets see how long they will last. overall i like the d series engines, they suit the way i drive.

data
f2000racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
.:Go Engines vs. Jammin Engines:. lanerbrainer205 Nitro Off-Road 20 12-23-2007 04:46 PM
.12 Engines sale all new pipes too. 6 engines ericsp2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-06-2007 02:19 PM
os engines compared to rb engines rhymster Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 4 08-03-2007 05:13 PM
IDM engines and picco engines foampervert Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 5 11-23-2006 05:36 AM
SH engines crazyjr Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 7 01-20-2006 03:13 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:27 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net