Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STS engines

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tonimccloud
one of the broken engines was in Mallorca (20 degrees more or less). Maybe it was a coincidence, maybe not (the engines broke in Madrid, Mallorca, Valladolid...different places separated with a lot of kilometres and very different temperatures)
Toni:

Different temperatures, locations, etc... Seems that common denominator could be the same origin (Rc Mushroom or other HK shops???)

Probably was a faulty batch. If not, much people will complain about broken crankshafts. And the difference in temperatures makes me think about this.

Have one engine of those, modified it and had survived.... to 5 litres of fuel and I can assure you that's a real screamer (love how whines at the end of the ARCA track).
Old 01-20-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

is the inlet to the block for the carb 5.5mm or is the air filter 5.5mm just want to know if any one changed card to a bigger size. will the d5 carb fit d3
Old 01-20-2004, 08:34 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by tonimccloud
Was that crank modified by anyone? If so it could have been weakened
There are 2 of them, these two still have the crankshaft in one piece

what will be the engine running temp?

one of the broken engines was in Mallorca (20 degrees more or less). Maybe it was a coincidence, maybe not (the engines broke in Madrid, Mallorca, Valladolid...different places separated with a lot of kilometres and very different temperatures)
The new generation of engine is being developed in Taiwan which is tropical country climate, we have not tested the engine at different climate countries. We do want to hear feedback and running result to further improve our products.

Please help to inform the racers who have problem with our engine that they can send the engine to our distributor for checking. If there is not any abnormal sign like hard wearing and overheat,our distributor will return them to us. We will replace a new engine for them if the engine problem is not due to mis-use or abuse.

We are only responsible for our distributor,so please don't send them back to STS directly.

Sincerely,

Dino
Old 01-20-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dino.tw
The new generation of engine is being developed in Taiwan which is tropical country climate, we have not tested the engine at different climate countries. We do want to hear feedback and running result to further improve our products.

Please help to inform the racers who have problem with our engine that they can send the engine to our distributor for checking. If there is not any abnormal sign like hard wearing and overheat,our distributor will return them to us. We will replace a new engine for them if the engine problem is not due to mis-use or abuse.

We are only responsible for our distributor,so please don't send them back to STS directly.

Sincerely,

Dino
Holy smoke!! This is great customer service from STS!!
Old 01-21-2004, 12:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi.

The broken crankshaft in the photo is mine. As Toni said, there are several engines broken around the country, so we think that the problem isn't the air temp.

Dino... thanks a lot for your answer, but we have another "problem".... the engines was acquired in Hong Kong, in rc-mushroom. I think that is not very just that we send the engines to our local distributor.... what do you think about?.

Thanks a lot.

Joaquin.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Modellor

Hey: I wonder where you got that cool avatar of your co. name
Old 01-21-2004, 12:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default avatars

The only thing is its too large to post as an avatar....heres mine
Old 01-21-2004, 08:25 AM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by joaquin_zero
Hi.

Dino... thanks a lot for your answer, but we have another "problem".... the engines was acquired in Hong Kong, in rc-mushroom. I think that is not very just that we send the engines to our local distributor.... what do you think about?.

Thanks a lot.

Joaquin.
You got PM.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: crankshafts broken

Originally posted by au_Nightmare
Ouch I currently have STS D3 in shopping basket with rc-muchroom.. Might wait for a reply on this one from STS first

(image from below link in quote)
It seems for me the hardening process was choosen not right for this aplication-looks to "dry" for me. They hardened to much all the way through.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:58 AM
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Re: Re: crankshafts broken

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
It seems for me the hardening process was choosen not right for this aplication-looks to "dry" for me. They hardened to much all the way through.
The real reason is that they feel the high speed is not enough,so just lean it till the lubricity is not enough.This engine is being developed in Taiwan and most of the Taiwanese tracks have only 60 meter backstraight. So we rather more torque than more rpm. This event let me think about maybe we should product two types engine. One is super torque another is super high rpm. The other way is install VTEC system on nitro engine.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Dino, Just need a rev limiter with big red light..

Gearing (one of the most important things IMO) seems to be overlooked by a lot of people or is it just not spoken about much in the forums??
Old 01-22-2004, 10:57 AM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: crankshafts broken

The other way is install VTEC system on nitro engine.

I would like to see that!

Add oil Dino!
Old 01-22-2004, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

This event let me think about maybe we should product two types engine. One is super torque another is super high rpm.
i want to ask you what you think about the two types of engine characterstics. which type of engine do you think is easier to adjust for different track size (gearing and tuning) and which type is easier to drive ?
Old 01-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

This engine is being developed in Taiwan and most of the Taiwanese tracks have only 60 meter backstraight. So we rather more torque than more rpm. This event let me think about maybe we should product two types engine. One is super torque another is super high rpm. The other way is install VTEC system on nitro engine.
Hehehe.... I'm just remembering a post of mine some days ago (probably two or three pages before) 'suggesting' you an 'European' version of the dragon.... More suited to the larger tracks we have there (we talked by MSN of mods to alleviate the hungriness for high end of those guys.

Got any answer from your boss regarding that ones?
Old 01-22-2004, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

if the motor produces a ton of tourqe then gear taller because the motor will pull it .
no reason to make different motors!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.