R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2005, 05:10 PM   #1486
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Japan
Posts: 221
Default

Congrats sts and ferroso!
I posted in the other sts 28 thread but will say again here. I recieved an sts.28 and .12 d5r last week. I am very very pleased with how clean both engines are. Two big thumbs up. Best condition of any engine I have bought! The sts.28 looks like it will be at home in my Savage bringing wheelies at 3meters spitting rich.
I began breakin of the sts.12 d5r last night and wow.....what a pinch! 3 heat cycles and the pinch is still as tight as it was before starting. I can see that the sts piston material must be very strong and have a long life. Cant say how it is going to run on track yet but sounds nice even spitting rich with sts 6mm pipe combo.

Dino a quick question.... How many manifold shims do you recomend for the 6mm sts pipe and the d5r combo?

Thanks for all the help and cant wait to get this baby on the track
rcosmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 05:41 PM   #1487
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil
Hi dino, I have this engine http://webpages.charter.net/xtcgti/hpig1301.jpg
and I was told it is based off an STS .12 engine. My question is I have run over a gallon of fuel though it and still has not broken in yet. My problem is i'm having a hard time getting 5 minutes out of a tank of fuel. Should I just lean it up and hope for the best? Or keep running rich until it loosens up some more.

Thanks for the help, Neil
The engine is a bit tight. Try to lean the engine "a little" and keep the engine running temperature around 100C(212F). What air temperature there?

Last edited by dino.tw; 03-13-2005 at 05:58 PM.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 05:42 PM   #1488
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default Re: Re: Italy Buggy Regional

Quote:
Originally posted by au_Nightmare
Very nice! Well done Ferroso !

dino - using just a standard D21B or are there some mods for me to do hehehe
Sorry,I have no idea.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 05:44 PM   #1489
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by 20 SMOKE
Dino, ran the d3r today after a five min run temps only in the 250's with good power from start to finish thanks for the help
Glad to heard that. Thanks for your support,buddy.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 05:48 PM   #1490
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rcosmax
Congrats sts and ferroso!
I posted in the other sts 28 thread but will say again here. I recieved an sts.28 and .12 d5r last week. I am very very pleased with how clean both engines are. Two big thumbs up. Best condition of any engine I have bought! The sts.28 looks like it will be at home in my Savage bringing wheelies at 3meters spitting rich.
I began breakin of the sts.12 d5r last night and wow.....what a pinch! 3 heat cycles and the pinch is still as tight as it was before starting. I can see that the sts piston material must be very strong and have a long life. Cant say how it is going to run on track yet but sounds nice even spitting rich with sts 6mm pipe combo.

Dino a quick question.... How many manifold shims do you recomend for the 6mm sts pipe and the d5r combo?

Thanks for all the help and cant wait to get this baby on the track
Thanks for your support!
I usual use the shortest manifold setting because D5R has lots of torque. And I love more top-end so I just use the shortest setting.(no any shim)
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 07:42 PM   #1491
Tech Addict
 
Neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: me..me..me
Posts: 583
Send a message via MSN to Neil
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
The engine is a bit tight. Try to lean the engine "a little" and keep the engine running temperature around 100C(212F). What air temperature there?
Dino I'm running a RB Concept medium plug, Byrons 20% nitro 12%oil. The ambient temp is around 30C and humid. I havent removed any head shims. Is this motor like one of yours?

Thanks Again, Neil
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:14 PM   #1492
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil
Dino I'm running a RB Concept medium plug, Byrons 20% nitro 12%oil. The ambient temp is around 30C and humid. I havent removed any head shims. Is this motor like one of yours?

Thanks Again, Neil
Around 30C it is hot. You can lean your engine to around 120C. Also I would suggest you to use only 0.3mm head shim totally with Byron2000. You can use STS parts on your engine.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:39 AM   #1493
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 83
Thumbs up STS black head (unmarked) 3-port engine

Hey Dino,

This is Jonathan Wang. I just want to let you know that the new STS 3-port engine with the black heatsink (no mark on the heatsink, modified by Old3) is so damn good! It brought me a 2nd place in Amateur class of Airtronics race last Sunday. Jeff Lin was there, too. And we had a good race last weekends.

I bought this engine from Geoff and he personally took care of it. I just want to say thanks to STS for making such a good and affordable engine, and to ProjectZen.net for importing it into States and providing great customer services.


Last edited by wangcc61; 03-15-2005 at 01:46 AM.
wangcc61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:01 AM   #1494
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: A beautiful place in the Isle of Borneo
Posts: 153
Default

Dino..Hj Irman of Brunei has done it again.He'd just won the ASEAN Championship race driving his STS powered MTX3.
Zizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 03:30 AM   #1495
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: HOME
Posts: 8
Default

glad to know the great result of STS Engines. Of cuz, a good engine with a good driver = good result !
SHTKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 08:32 AM   #1496
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Thumbs up Great Job!

Great Job! Jonathan and Hj Irman ! Awesome Drivers !!!
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 12:57 PM   #1497
Tech Apprentice
 
tazman34685's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Palm Harbor, Fl
Posts: 89
Default STS D3 port is it a long or short track motor?

I currently have the STS D3 and a OS tr 3port. My question is in my short track Kyosho V one RR which motor will work best? The other car is a Kyosho Evo which I use at big tracks which motor out of the two should go in it?
tazman34685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 03:48 PM   #1498
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,807
Default Re: STS D3 port is it a long or short track motor?

Quote:
Originally posted by tazman34685
I currently have the STS D3 and a OS tr 3port. My question is in my short track Kyosho V one RR which motor will work best? The other car is a Kyosho Evo which I use at big tracks which motor out of the two should go in it?
STS D3 and D3R excel in short to medium tight technical tracks...they have tons of low end power.

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 08:39 PM   #1499
Tech Champion
 
jfc_tech's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: www.JonehRC.com
Posts: 7,000
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Zizu
Dino..Hj Irman of Brunei has done it again.He'd just won the ASEAN Championship race driving his STS powered MTX3.
i can confirmed how's Hj. Irman driving. he's one good driver. aggresive but cool.
__________________
If you are in front of me, That's because I let you!
jfc_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 02:05 PM   #1500
Tech Adept
 
ralliartlanevov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 115
Send a message via AIM to ralliartlanevov
Default

i have a sts .12 d5 engine... i got this used.... i was wonderin if any one kno wat the factory settin for the engine... im really confused rite now and need alot of help... i appericated if anyone can help me.... i check stsrc.com.tw but it doesnt show anything about carb settin

thanks
ralliartlanevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
.:Go Engines vs. Jammin Engines:. lanerbrainer205 Nitro Off-Road 20 12-23-2007 04:46 PM
.12 Engines sale all new pipes too. 6 engines ericsp2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-06-2007 02:19 PM
os engines compared to rb engines rhymster Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 4 08-03-2007 05:13 PM
IDM engines and picco engines foampervert Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 5 11-23-2006 05:36 AM
SH engines crazyjr Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 7 01-20-2006 03:13 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:12 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net