R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2005, 06:23 PM   #1336
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: australia... where koalas live on your roof
Posts: 126
Send a message via ICQ to noobatron
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
Yeah~I plan to buy a Overland Hammer for him lately. But he is just too young(only 4 months) to play the Overland,so his dad will play for him first! What a nice father.....
LOL!!! why not get him an EVO8 too
noobatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 06:26 PM   #1337
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by noobatron
LOL!!! why not get him an EVO8 too
When he is 18 years old,I will give him my Impreza CG8 for practice. Have you seen that cartoon Initial D?
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 04:40 AM   #1338
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: australia... where koalas live on your roof
Posts: 126
Send a message via ICQ to noobatron
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
When he is 18 years old,I will give him my Impreza CG8 for practice. Have you seen that cartoon Initial D?

ahhahah better start early then!!! and get him to deliver tofu or STS parts early in the morning ahhahah
noobatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 03:09 PM   #1339
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 83
Post Porting measurement

I have some STS engines for awhile and finally taken measurement of their porting. I modified the exhaust port and intake timing on my engines for experiment. The result is better top end but slightly less punch. Good for smooth and large track. I just want to share the data to STS fans. Ok. here they are.

STS RS3
Schnuerle: 112 degree
Boost: 108 degree
Exhaust: 162 degree (mod.)
Induction(stock): 207 deg. (30 ABDC - 57 ATDC)
Induction(mod.): 212 deg. (30 ABDC - 62 ATDC)

STS D5
Schnuerle: 118 degree
Boost: 116 degree
Exhaust: 162 degree (mod.)
Induction(stock): 204 deg. (30 ABDC - 54 ATDC)
Induction(mod.): 212 deg. (30 ABDC - 62 ATDC)

I will take the measurement of my D3 next time.

I got the following data from rc magazine

Collari .12
Schnuerle: 114 degree
Boost: 114 degree
Exhaust: 159 degree
Induction: 213 degree (32 ABDC - 65 ATDC)

It looks like the induction of STS opens 2 degree sooner than Collari .12

By the way, if the crankshaft is lightened, say 1 or 2 gram, the engine will have quick acceleration from low rpm to high rpm. But the idle might not be as stable as stock one. Just need to tune the bottom and idle needles again, and it will be fine. Not sure if it is legal for ROAR to lighten the crankshaft....
wangcc61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 06:40 AM   #1340
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,807
Default Re: Porting measurement

Quote:
Originally posted by wangcc61
I have some STS engines for awhile and finally taken measurement of their porting. I modified the exhaust port and intake timing on my engines for experiment. The result is better top end but slightly less punch. Good for smooth and large track. I just want to share the data to STS fans. Ok. here they are.

STS RS3
Schnuerle: 112 degree
Boost: 108 degree
Exhaust: 162 degree (mod.)
Induction(stock): 207 deg. (30 ABDC - 57 ATDC)
Induction(mod.): 212 deg. (30 ABDC - 62 ATDC)

STS D5
Schnuerle: 118 degree
Boost: 116 degree
Exhaust: 162 degree (mod.)
Induction(stock): 204 deg. (30 ABDC - 54 ATDC)
Induction(mod.): 212 deg. (30 ABDC - 62 ATDC)

I will take the measurement of my D3 next time.

I got the following data from rc magazine

Collari .12
Schnuerle: 114 degree
Boost: 114 degree
Exhaust: 159 degree
Induction: 213 degree (32 ABDC - 65 ATDC)

It looks like the induction of STS opens 2 degree sooner than Collari .12

By the way, if the crankshaft is lightened, say 1 or 2 gram, the engine will have quick acceleration from low rpm to high rpm. But the idle might not be as stable as stock one. Just need to tune the bottom and idle needles again, and it will be fine. Not sure if it is legal for ROAR to lighten the crankshaft....
Great info Wang, but could you tell us what was original exhaust degrees before moding???

Ref. crank, yes you can lighten it, ROAR rules have no restriction over moding cranks, they are similar to IFMAR rules....but wacht out for balance.

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 01:09 PM   #1341
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 83
Default Re: Re: Porting measurement

Quote:
Originally posted by afm
Great info Wang, but could you tell us what was original exhaust degrees before moding???

Ref. crank, yes you can lighten it, ROAR rules have no restriction over moding cranks, they are similar to IFMAR rules....but wacht out for balance.

AFM
Hello afm,

I'm sorry, I did not have the chance to measure the stock exhaust port. I got the compass after I did the mod to my engines.

Thanks for the info on crankshaft.
wangcc61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:56 PM   #1342
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 1,296
Default

Just a little piccy to showing my new thing for today.
The HN engine mono mount (with a STS D5 engine siting on top

au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 07:50 PM   #1343
Tech Master
 
Motorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
i understand that rdlogic tring to buy them out
to the best of my knowlege this statement is not true.
Dennis

Our parts will retrofit into the sts line as they are produced for us by sts. They are a little different in some places but will all retrofit. We are changing a few things in our lines after we get them but I won't say what.

PS all front bearings leak somewhat. All Of them!! Novas too. If it leaks bad the low end is probably way to rich. The bearings are japanese 607Z type the same as most of the manufacturers are using. Their not cheap bearings by any means. There are also alot of bearing seal failures due to the fact that people are using the big centax shims between the collet and bearing. Those tend to warp inward and make the seal spin in the outer bearing bore killing it.
__________________
Just here to give the world grief.

Last edited by Motorman; 01-06-2005 at 07:58 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:56 PM   #1344
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default

Thank you Dennis
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 02:47 PM   #1345
Tech Regular
 
Old Skool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 342
So...where can I get an STS D5?

Old Skool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:21 PM   #1346
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Skool
So...where can I get an STS D5?

I hate to say it http://www.projectzen.net, but i suport Dino ans STS
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 11:06 AM   #1347
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 36
Default

I would recommend a-main hobbies for the D5. Great sevice and fast shipping.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id=2313
slawsonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:04 AM   #1348
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 193
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default STS D5 engine..

hi dino! what is the size of the inner crankshaft bearing? i need to replace mine.. thanks in advance!
OrAnGe PoWeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:14 AM   #1349
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default Re: STS D5 engine..

Quote:
Originally posted by OrAnGe PoWeR
hi dino! what is the size of the inner crankshaft bearing? i need to replace mine.. thanks in advance!
14mmx25mm (#2514)
Thanks for your support.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 07:09 PM   #1350
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Dino got my D3R back today and it is beter but i will know this weakend
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
.:Go Engines vs. Jammin Engines:. lanerbrainer205 Nitro Off-Road 20 12-23-2007 04:46 PM
.12 Engines sale all new pipes too. 6 engines ericsp2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-06-2007 02:19 PM
os engines compared to rb engines rhymster Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 4 08-03-2007 05:13 PM
IDM engines and picco engines foampervert Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 5 11-23-2006 05:36 AM
SH engines crazyjr Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 7 01-20-2006 03:13 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:22 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net