Like Tree172Likes

NOVAROSSI Engine thread....

Reply

Old 02-08-2015, 11:40 AM
  #7456  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (96)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,798
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

If it helps , i set the carbs at 5.5 turns out from bottomed out all the way on lsn (pull slide barrel out when running needle in) and 4 turns out from bottomed out on hsn


Hope this helps
houston is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:29 PM
  #7457  
Tech Master
iTrader: (29)
 
egobrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,917
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

So I need some pipe choice advice. I have a modded Beat BT5 and the modder told me to get a pipe that will let the engine "breathe". I would like to stay with a nova pipe and have a 021 header. I have a 9901 and have access to a 2096 and 9886. I'm having a hard time finding info on all the pipes and what they will be good for. This is going in a buggy. Thanks for the help
egobrkr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:44 PM
  #7458  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
kgombe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,263
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

9901 will be a good point to start with.. run it with that first... if you find you have to much bottom try the 2096..

i have found (this is just me) getting the right tune on a 2096 to be a little more tricky than the 9901.. so i prefer the 9901..

that's just personal preference
kgombe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:13 PM
  #7459  
Tech Master
iTrader: (29)
 
egobrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,917
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Ok sounds great. Thanks
egobrkr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:18 PM
  #7460  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
merdith6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brazoria, TX
Posts: 2,350
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default well

Originally Posted by egobrkr View Post
So I need some pipe choice advice. I have a modded Beat BT5 and the modder told me to get a pipe that will let the engine "breathe". I would like to stay with a nova pipe and have a 021 header. I have a 9901 and have access to a 2096 and 9886. I'm having a hard time finding info on all the pipes and what they will be good for. This is going in a buggy. Thanks for the help
Considering the modders advice I would say the 9886. Its a 2 chamber the other 2 are 3 chambers.

my advice. I had a 9901 and a 2096 sold them both. I run a 2058 or 9886 on a p5.
merdith6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:08 AM
  #7461  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,624
Default

Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
Considering the modders advice I would say the 9886. Its a 2 chamber the other 2 are 3 chambers.
9886 is not race legal anymore, it's a 2 chamber pipe.
The homologation has expired and it's not on the list of approved pipes.
Hence it's only suitable for bashers.
Eivind E is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:40 AM
  #7462  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (11)
 
Maximo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,901
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Eivind E View Post
9886 is not race legal anymore, it's a 2 chamber pipe.
The homologation has expired and it's not on the list of approved pipes.
Hence it's only suitable for bashers.
that is if you race somewhere that they actually enforce such goofy doodle pipe rules....
Maximo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:47 PM
  #7463  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,624
Default

Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
that is if you race somewhere that they actually enforce such goofy doodle pipe rules....
Uhumm. You would think every major race would check on tech inspection.

What's the point of running a 2-chamber pipe anyway, fuel consumption goes way up and as engine performance increases, loss of traction becomes a problem.

I just also find it really odd that some people go around recommending non-legal pipes to everyone, what's the point of that.. is it not wiser to spend your money on a legal pipe?
Eivind E is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:26 PM
  #7464  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
hambone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bloomsburg, Pa.
Posts: 2,436
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Eivind E View Post
Uhumm. You would think every major race would check on tech inspection.

What's the point of running a 2-chamber pipe anyway, fuel consumption goes way up and as engine performance increases, loss of traction becomes a problem.

I just also find it really odd that some people go around recommending non-legal pipes to everyone, what's the point of that.. is it not wiser to spend your money on a legal pipe?
All pipes are legal where we race....
hambone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:49 PM
  #7465  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,344
Default

Originally Posted by hambone View Post
All pipes are legal where we race....
Same here and I like it.
Chris Reilly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:15 PM
  #7466  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
hambone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bloomsburg, Pa.
Posts: 2,436
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly View Post
Same here and I like it.
I don't know bout u Chris, but I have zero plans to race in Europe. Wouldn't mind checking out Octoberfest though....
hambone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:20 PM
  #7467  
Tech Master
iTrader: (29)
 
egobrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,917
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

I have not been to an event that checked pipes. I have been to one that checked weight and fuel capacity.
egobrkr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:56 PM
  #7468  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,624
Default

Originally Posted by hambone View Post
I have zero plans to race in Europe.
ROAR rulebook:
9.2.4.2
A
ROAR
or
IFMAR
approved
muffler
or
tuned
pipe
must
be used
in
all
ROAR
sanctioned events.
Which I assume means this list:
http://www.ifmar.org/pdf/mufflers/mu...8th%202014.pdf

Notice that 9886 is not on it.
Eivind E is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:00 PM
  #7469  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 580
Default

Question for the pro's . What motor to get next is my question .
Benn running a novarossi plus21-4btt [tuned] motor has been great but its time to move on . What did you guys find that was better then the plus 4 ? looking for options thanks
Eastside777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:39 PM
  #7470  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
kgombe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,263
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Eivind E View Post
ROAR rulebook:


Which I assume means this list:
http://www.ifmar.org/pdf/mufflers/mu...8th%202014.pdf

Notice that 9886 is not on it.
Roar Rules...


no mention of 3 chamber... no one in the US runs EFRA or IFMAR...


just an FYI

10.5 MUFFLER RULES
10.5.1 All vehicles raced at a ROAR-sanctioned event must be equipped with muffler that complies with the following specifications.

10.5.2 The muffler/pipe must be of a multiple chamber design with an internal or external silencer. The maximum inside dimension of the exhaust outlet pipe is .5 inches (13mm). On STC and Sports/GT vehicles, the muffler stinger may not extend more than .4 inches (10mm) outside of body. On Formula vehicles, the muffler stinger must exit within the body shell side pods and point down towards the track surface.


10.5.3 Maximum noise level allowed is 85 dB(A) measured at a 90 degree angle to the direction of travel of the vehicle at a distance of 33 feet, 3 feet above the ground, with the engine at maximum throttle and at all speeds. The Race Director may decide on a different method of noise measurement as long as the results are the same. If there is no noise level equipment available, the Race Director can decide whether a vehicle that produces a noise level in excess of other cars will be allowed to compete.
kgombe is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service