Like Tree2Likes

Go-Tech Engines Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skeller
????

I'm sure somewhere, someone is making a new 7P......I haven't heard anything about a new engine coming out though.

lol man i love it. someone somewhere lmao
Old 07-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I posted earlier about my 7 port turbo locking up. I have still had no luck in getting it started. I've tried heating it up to 220-230ish, removing the plug spinning the motor, screwing the plug back in and applying the glow ignitor...no luck. When I blow fuel into the carb after heating it I can hear it boiling out and see it coming out from under the air filter housing. I've checked my glow plug and ignitor and they are working fine. I've also tried the carb settings recommened earlier. Any other ideas? I think I'm about ready to just give up on this motor and sell it..anyone interested in buying new, never start 7 port?
Old 07-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just got the 25 and I'm installing a fioroni turbo twin and it seems like the flyhweel nut needs shim. Has anybody installed one on the 25? Will OFNA clutch bell (non vented) fit too?
I run a 25 with the fioroni turbo twin on a Losi 8t, even with two hard springs it comes in a little early, the turbo slider (2 pieces) will allow you too run three springs instead of two and works much better. However, be prepared to change the springs about ounce a gallon or so.
If your using the GO colet, you will have to shorten it as it protrudes through the flywheel.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucked
I posted earlier about my 7 port turbo locking up. I have still had no luck in getting it started. I've tried heating it up to 220-230ish, removing the plug spinning the motor, screwing the plug back in and applying the glow ignitor...no luck. When I blow fuel into the carb after heating it I can hear it boiling out and see it coming out from under the air filter housing. I've checked my glow plug and ignitor and they are working fine. I've also tried the carb settings recommened earlier. Any other ideas? I think I'm about ready to just give up on this motor and sell it..anyone interested in buying new, never start 7 port?
Chucked ygpm
Old 07-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
Well ran my 7-port at the race this sunday and had some tuning problems with it. First I could not get it to stay running till the temp hit over 175 degrees, had to keep the glow ignitor on it or it would stall, yes I did try and new glow plug (OS P3) and it did the same thing, kept doing it. Then it would want to heat up after about 3 minutes. Got up to 305 degrees and would lose bottom end. Tried richening the HSN up the next heat race and it ran at 256 at the end of the heat but again after 3 minutes, it lost its bottom end and also was BONE DRY OF FUEL in a 5 minute main! During the B-Main it was running the same and again had to let the motor warm up to keep it running. Only thing I could see when I got home was the exhaust gasket on the case was all tore up and leaking. Could that have caused this problem? The first 2 minutes of each heat and main it ran awesome. Pinch is still great too.
It is amazing how many times I read the same identical symtoms on the 7 port from different people. I have/had the same problem too. I say have/had because I just recently changed my carb to a Nova but haven't been able to race it yet. I will be running it tomorrow if it doesn't rain for a test and tune session at the track. However, I did start the engine and it definitely seems to tune much better so I am hoping the problem is solved but won't know until tomorrow for sure.

I am with you, for the few minutes that the engine runs great it really screams. If it could only run like that the entire race instead of 3 minutes.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

How much do you want for it?
Old 07-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So who, if anybody, has the new 0801 pipe in stock. If somebody on this board, please PM me. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petevette
It is amazing how many times I read the same identical symtoms on the 7 port from different people. I have/had the same problem too. I say have/had because I just recently changed my carb to a Nova but haven't been able to race it yet. I will be running it tomorrow if it doesn't rain for a test and tune session at the track. However, I did start the engine and it definitely seems to tune much better so I am hoping the problem is solved but won't know until tomorrow for sure.

I am with you, for the few minutes that the engine runs great it really screams. If it could only run like that the entire race instead of 3 minutes.
Well this is the first time it has done that. The last couple weekends it was fine.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yaright
I run a 25 with the fioroni turbo twin on a Losi 8t, even with two hard springs it comes in a little early, the turbo slider (2 pieces) will allow you too run three springs instead of two and works much better. However, be prepared to change the springs about ounce a gallon or so.
If your using the GO colet, you will have to shorten it as it protrudes through the flywheel.
Thanks! I'm running FIO-OT-FR80 which is the turbo twin 2007 sliding clutch. Is that the model that will allow me to run three springs? Changing the springs isn't to big a deal as long as it's just not after every race. We'll see how it goes.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks! I'm running FIO-OT-FR80 which is the turbo twin 2007 sliding clutch. Is that the model that will allow me to run three springs? Changing the springs isn't to big a deal as long as it's just not after every race. We'll see how it goes.
FIO-OT-FR80 uses two springs. This works well on loose tracks.

The link below is the two-piece shoe set up, and you are able too use three springs, works well on high bite tracks.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4656
Old 07-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
Well this is the first time it has done that. The last couple weekends it was fine.
How new is the engine? Mine didn't start doing it until about a gallon and half.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petevette
How new is the engine? Mine didn't start doing it until about a gallon and half.
Motor has about a just under a gallon on it.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Soccerlaw you have a Pm!

Rex
Old 07-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

so you want to sell an engine because it has max compression... hmm, okay, so you expect the next engine you buy to have just "good" compression? every engine will be tight (with a few exceptions I guess) as new.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just won the Amain again for the second points race in a row with the 7port in an 8T truggy. I still have brian's .25 PTM modified in the box and haven't even broke it in yet as the 7port is still screaming. Don't expect this motor to run consistently though until you get a lot of tanks through it as it has so much pinch from the factory. The only motor that has as much top end as the 7port is a $400 EB modified Vspec at our track. That motor has more bottom end as well, but I am sure if my 7port was from PTM, it might be closer on the bottom end as well. Only problem so far has been that I broke the plastic / metal sleeve connection on the carb when I tried to twist it out. A phone call and some JB weld later no problems and the motor has about 3 gallons on it now and screaming harder than ever. The carbs are very temperature sensitive though and need slight tuning throughout the day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.