Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Go-Tech Engines Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Tech Adept

well i was just made an offer i couldn't refuse on a Redline Pipe.......

those of you who have run one are you guys happy with the redline?
Old 06-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pantera nitro
thanks grizz1 i will take your advice and others and get the 086 Dynamite.

i will stick to the "standard" (if it can be called that) R spec 3 port till i get some EXP, then i'll consider modding or stepping up to a 5 or 7 port!

Congrats on the Super 14's by the way......just wait for the Bledisloe lol
Hah, we will see. Even if you guys win the Bledisloe (which is unlikely ) we can claim a Kiwi coach anyway
I will be in Brisbane for the Bledisloe Cup match at Suncorp, really looking forward to it.

Here is a pic of the new Go FEMCA 0801 pipe.
Attached Thumbnails Go-Tech Engines Thread-femca-0801-pipe.jpg  
Old 06-03-2008, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the new Hong Nor 3016 pip with the GO engines?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SteveJa
I have a 7port with about 4 gallons on it now maybe 4 1/2...... I am running Odonnell's 30% with a OD97T plug and 053 pipe with 8mm carb insert. all this in my 8ight buggy. I am not able to get more then 7mins of run time.... trying to get 7:30 for half way of 15min race... ran out of fuel 3 times trying to do that.... how much time can I knock off with say a 7mm insert ? and how much power will I lose ?

Thanks
What, that is insane!!!! I am using the same 7port with 053 pipe now in a Losi 8T and getting 11:30 with no insert! I get 13 minutes on a 7.5mm insert. These are not just test numbers I am pitting at 9:40 seconds with no problem even off the first pit stop where you ran a bit before the race starts in my 30 minute mains, so I only have to stop twice. I only have about 2 gallons on the motor right now though. I am using Byrons Gen 2 fuel, which runs very cool.

I also finished 2nd this week in the Amain after a flameout issue on the last lap due to the cars getting tangled up and I didn't rev it while the turn marshals were trying to separate. I did pit 3 times though just for safety. I had the A main won by almost 2 laps before I turned a 1 1/2 minute last lap where normal lap times are 34 seconds. We also had a bunch of top drivers there with 3 heats of truggy. In fact, I have a PTM modified .25 6port coming, but I am not going to throw it in the truggy right away as long at this stock 7 port is winning!!! I only added this information if you think I am crazy telling you those run times. They are very real, so I would go back and find out why your run times are so off.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Rookie

How have people found the 3port compared to the 5port? Looking to get another, loved my 7 and 5 port. Will be going in CRT and CR.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherokee180c
What, that is insane!!!! I am using the same 7port with 053 pipe now in a Losi 8T and getting 11:30 with no insert! I get 13 minutes on a 7.5mm insert. These are not just test numbers I am pitting at 9:40 seconds with no problem even off the first pit stop where you ran a bit before the race starts in my 30 minute mains, so I only have to stop twice. I only have about 2 gallons on the motor right now though. I am using Byrons Gen 2 fuel, which runs very cool.

I also finished 2nd this week in the Amain after a flameout issue on the last lap due to the cars getting tangled up and I didn't rev it while the turn marshals were trying to separate. I did pit 3 times though just for safety. I had the A main won by almost 2 laps before I turned a 1 1/2 minute last lap where normal lap times are 34 seconds. We also had a bunch of top drivers there with 3 heats of truggy. In fact, I have a PTM modified .25 6port coming, but I am not going to throw it in the truggy right away as long at this stock 7 port is winning!!! I only added this information if you think I am crazy telling you those run times. They are very real, so I would go back and find out why your run times are so off.

Mhhh, my 7 port + GO Pipe FEMCA 0801 on the track of the picture give me 9 minutes and 40 seconds of runtime (track its at 1.100 meters over sea level). Glow Plug OS P3, VP PRO 802-M Tyres, VP PRO 3 shoe clutch system with 1.1 springs. I was using 7mm carb insert and the extra shim that came in the engine box.

CAR : CEN Matrix FRE Buggy

Hope this help,
Old 06-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

What is your runtime at sea level?
Old 06-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cherokee180c

he's right i was pitting for 2 guys in that same main.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by grizz1
Hah, we will see. Even if you guys win the Bledisloe (which is unlikely ) we can claim a Kiwi coach anyway
I will be in Brisbane for the Bledisloe Cup match at Suncorp, really looking forward to it.

Here is a pic of the new Go FEMCA 0801 pipe.
nice pipe bro,

if u get a chance check out this track in Brizzy

http://users.bigpond.net.au/bigfix/index.html

and "our" new coach became an Aussie as soon as he set foot on our soil!!! lmao......

Go the Wallabies
Old 06-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Hah !! I thought that might be your answer regarding the coach. Good on ya mate. Patriotic - I like that

Nice track. I probably won't have time to check it out though. Be too busy playing golf, which is my other passion Cheers
Old 06-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveJa
I have a 7port with about 4 gallons on it now maybe 4 1/2...... I am running Odonnell's 30% with a OD97T plug and 053 pipe with 8mm carb insert. all this in my 8ight buggy. I am not able to get more then 7mins of run time.... trying to get 7:30 for half way of 15min race... ran out of fuel 3 times trying to do that.... how much time can I knock off with say a 7mm insert ? and how much power will I lose ?

Thanks
You need a hotter plug, your probably blowing alot of unburned fuel outta your pipe. Give the O.S. p3 A shot its working great for me and its the recommened plug.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

you think a hotter plug will help ? I am willing to try it.... I will have to pick one up..... thanks
Old 06-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomdav
What is your runtime at sea level?

Mhhh i will be back to my country CHILE with capitol city at 500mm over sea level so i can tell you by then

cya,
Old 06-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by grizz1
Yep. Massive Mods is located in Australia and PTM in the States. I would guess their work is very similar (don't want to upset anyone here ). They work on the crank, ports etc to boost power and economy. I believe the modded 3 Ports are nasty
Go with the 086 Dynamite, you will love it.
yes we both do Nasty ass work to the GO Engines ! I havent run one of Brians engines but from all reports they rip ! If you are in the US support your local engine modder and i KNOW Brian loves the Go engines.

The Femca 8081 pipe with all factory testing and my own testing has shown improvement over the 2047 . It is now my preferred pipe for the GO and indeed any engine.. If you are on a sweeping track with long straights then the 2047 is still great .. and having said that its really up to the individual ... you can never state whats the best .. experimentation will tell you what works for you..

The new Gen 5 range of engines from GO and just awesome ! i didnt think we could get it better but its happened !

tuning tip for the GO Pro line of engines , depending on the fuel you run try to not tune for MAX top end till its run in properly .. Some fuel oil packages will take 3 litres others 5 before you see the most out of one of these engines.. So when its new and youre not getting max top end after 4 tanks of run in, thats why ...

Best to condition the engine to the set up in that time .. select your pipe , fuel , tyres etc ..

Pipes and pics are here

http://www.massivemods.com.au/index.php?cPath=1

Hope this helps

www.massivemods.com
Old 06-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can somebody post a link as to where I can get this 0801 pipe in the US?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.