Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 09:04 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edhchoe
I am curious how much a FWD weighs RTR with a shorty pack.
Ed forget about the weight ..the shorty pack can make a difference ,position the lipo for weight transfer

Just a little over 1200gram.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

never got called into work. but got to work on the car today. found some really weird setup on the car and changed it back to more like the standard setup. little tweak here little tweak there. from what it was set up like it was at the most docile settings. way more docile than standard. hopefully it will drive better and be faster. got walked on last weekend at the cc. didnt enjoy that.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

I had a good time last night, for my first time driving an on-road car. Here are the videos I took of the races.

SRCR Novice
SRCR Stock TC
SRCR World GT
SRCR Scale Spec
SRCR Stock 1/12th
Old 02-27-2014, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Need loaner receiver for NORA this weekend

Hi guys,

Anyone going to NORA this weekend? My Spektrum 3100 went down and my new receiver won't arrive until Monday the 3rd of March. I'm in need of a loaner if anybody has one available. Just trying to get some practice in up there.

Thanks,

Jerry B.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
OK one final, FINAL question...whats the best method for securing the front ends on the protoform bodies? They give you screws which i guess are fine for the bottom edge...but up on the hood? Glue would seem to peel the paint on one half of the seam.
Here are my tips for the nose of the Protoform J71 (Javelin); the Firebird should be similar:

1. Leave the glue flange about 3mm longer than the trim line. Then trim back to the trim line only where needed, on the side where the splitter comes in. The extra flange gives more surface to improve the glue's hold.

2. If you are going to paint the nose before assembly, mask off the portion of the nose piece that is backed up by the glue flange, so it won't be painted. This gives the glue better hold, and the flange will be painted so you won't have a clear band on the nose. You can also put the nose on before you do any painting. In that case, be sure to peel the film off of the glue flange!

3. Drill the holes as indicated on the flange and perform a test assembly. Do not tighten the screws fully.

4. Remove the nose, apply shoe-goo to the flange, then put the nose back on with the screws. Even though this is the final assembly, barely snug up the screws. If you tighten them more, all you'll accomplish is cracking the plastic (especially on the flange sides where the lexan is thin) and weakening the front end.

The whole thing is a pain, but the nose does stay on and the body is a good one. Protoform has to make the body in two pieces because they can't do the multi-part body molds that Tamiya and HPI use on their realistic bodies.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last night was fun! Thanks Kyle for taking on the RD duties and making this program possible this season.

The hangar track is great fun with a Stock 1/12th scale. It's tight and technical and calls on the best of what 1/12th scale has to offer. At the same time, being Stock, the wear and tear is really minimal. That was the third night with a single set of tires, and I'm thinking I've got at least one more to go. Actually, one more no question. It's the two more that gives me pause. At any rate, that's two months of Hangar action on one set of tires. Cheap fun! There are a few bumps, but truly, they don't detract from the experience. If anything, it's further evidence that 1/12th scalers, when reasonably powered, are highly adaptable machines. A track doesn't have to be perfect to have a great time.

The other classes went well, too. Great racing Mark and Lem in Scale Spec!
Old 02-27-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Sweep vs. Solaris

Hi all,

I'm thinking about trying Solaris tires for Mod Sedan. I've been running Sweeps all season, and Jaco Blues are not available... anywhere

Any thoughts on the Solaris tires? As I understand it in the rules, Sweep, Solaris and Jaco brands are all legal to use in Mod Sedan.

Thanks a bunch dudes!
Samwise
Old 02-27-2014, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

you might want to hit me up i have a set of jaco blues that have barely any time on them of you would like to get them from me ide take a 20 for them. i think they had 3 batteries on them. previous car owner bought them used them 3 times then sold the car to me. i have not used them. they are in my pitbox. hit me up. im doug. ill be at the cc next sat. i sit at the far end of the gym.

pm me and i can text you a pic of them. you can still see the seam in the center of the tires.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boylrmakr
Hi guys,

Anyone going to NORA this weekend? My Spektrum 3100 went down and my new receiver won't arrive until Monday the 3rd of March. I'm in need of a loaner if anybody has one available. Just trying to get some practice in up there.

Thanks,

Jerry B.
Isn't the enduro this weekend? if you need a receiver for the enduro send me a message... i have a sr3000 sitting on the bench

Originally Posted by Samwise
Hi all,

I'm thinking about trying Solaris tires for Mod Sedan. I've been running Sweeps all season, and Jaco Blues are not available... anywhere

Any thoughts on the Solaris tires? As I understand it in the rules, Sweep, Solaris and Jaco brands are all legal to use in Mod Sedan.

Thanks a bunch dudes!
Samwise
once upon a time solaris tires were where its at, as i remember faster for the first 2 runs or so... be ready to replace them often as they drop off quickly
Old 02-27-2014, 05:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

RE FWD 1/10 TC weight

Originally Posted by OVA
... Just a little over 1200gram.
Hmm. Considering a 4WD SS car weighs 1450 grams minimum, we're talking about a 250 gram delta (amazing math skills, I know); slightly less than the weight of a standard-size lipo. That's a big difference!

Now I'm really thinking about trying an FF03 in Scale Spec!

Bill S.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

interesting concepts huh. but could they be competitive? only fwd?
Old 02-27-2014, 05:36 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by dragonracing
well I did...the FWD only faster in the back straight ..the infield is okay compare the 4wd..the 4wd is quicker out of the corner...

Last edited by OVA; 02-27-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bracket
I had a good time last night, for my first time driving an on-road car. Here are the videos I took of the races.

SRCR Novice
SRCR Stock TC
SRCR World GT
SRCR Scale Spec
SRCR Stock 1/12th
Thanks for setting up your camera last night, it was cool to be able to watch the different cars and compare how mine looked on track to the fast guys.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:20 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by waswadener
RE FWD 1/10 TC weight

Hmm. Considering a 4WD SS car weighs 1450 grams minimum, we're talking about a 250 gram delta (amazing math skills, I know); slightly less than the weight of a standard-size lipo. That's a big difference!

Now I'm really thinking about trying an FF03 in Scale Spec!

Bill S.
I would mind doing again for fun...
Old 02-27-2014, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
The VTA tires don't have much traction so out of a turn acceleration is where it will lose time. With TC tires, it will be fast.

Originally Posted by OVA
I would mind doing again for fun...
I want to see you do it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.