Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree367Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
As you can "clearly" see, caster gauges are in! Caster makes you faster. Know just how much you can use. Shim shim Jim Jim. Off power, on power. Side to Side.

What do you run?

Wanna know?
I'll take one SlapmasterJim, And I'll figure out how to make it work.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Last edited by busman; 10-05-2013 at 06:38 AM. Reason: double post
Old 10-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Woooooooooohoooooooooooo...... Race day....
Old 10-05-2013, 11:10 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
As you can "clearly" see, caster gauges are in! Caster makes you faster. Know just how much you can use. Shim shim Jim Jim. Off power, on power. Side to Side.

What do you run?

Wanna know?
Very Nice Brian..

question : to order to use this Shim Jim ..you have to set your ride height and rear droop before you set the caster adjustment?
Old 10-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (99%+)
Default Quick question

Hi guys,

Quick question about the Can-Am challenge in Dec. Will there be a mini class?

Thanks Greg G
Old 10-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

As of right now, the minis will run with the scale spec class, but I was told previously that if enough show up, they should be able to split us off into our own heat.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Thanks for the compliments guys!!

Second race with the A700, and with a few droop and caster settings the car felt better than 2 weeks ago Plus it was .3 - .4 faster (traction IMO was definitely up last nite). I just gotta quit sabotaging my runs
Mike and Franko are definitely top tier. Gotta step my game up!!
Great TRACK RECORD run last night Mike....something I was shooting for too. You just made it harder to get buddy

Until the next one....
Old 10-06-2013, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

VTA tires definitely made the car easier to drive fast, probably because the wider track and lower cg let me use the grip without flipping. But Franko was running x-patterns, and was still right there on pace.

I don't always race toy cars. But when I do, I prefer Scale Spec. It's... The world's most interesting class.

Stay dialed, my friends.

-Mike
Old 10-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Race Night

A short and sweet race report this morning. Despite Vegas preparations, a sudden return of Indian Summer, and what had to be one of the epically worst traffic days in the history of the interstate highway system, a solid turnout of 62 entries made for a full night of racing action at the community center. Better yet, plenty of help with setup and teardown made the night easier and faster for everyone, with the lights going out right at midnight. That was nice!

Scale Spec has become a real battleground and a coveted win on the night. The three top runners so far this season: Mike, Franko, and JayBee pushed each other to new levels of excellence all night long. Mike broke through and not only claimed the TQ and the A Main win, he also took down Kuney's track record by a solid 4 second margin. The main was a thrilling back and forth as the leaders tried to negotiate traffic, stay upright, and take the fight to each other. Mike and Franko in particular seesawed back and forth, trading paint and the front spot deep into the run. Mike earned a good one last night. Well done.

Stock 1/12th. Forgive me for brimming over with fatherly pride, as I know Stuart is far from the only driver out there. There was good, hard driving all night in this class, and Garrett took home a hard-earned TQ and win. He withstood pressure all night from Brad and Ron. And some other guy. Oh! That's right, my son. Stuart broke through last night and showed he is legitimately in it to win it. After dropping the first qual with a bumped motor, he charged back in the second and held a 40 lap pace and the front spot deep into the run until fading a bit at the end. Still, he was one of the top 4 all on 39 laps, and held on to finish within 6 seconds of TQ Garrett. Not bad! Anyway, I'm afraid he's just going to keep getting better. He's loving this sport, I can't stop him, I can only try to contain him!

World GT has affirmed our commitment with a full field and fast racing. The front is packed, with Brian, Kody, Wes, Sean, and Alex getting in on the action. TQ to Wes, A main win to Kody.

Mod TC was a Kody vs. Korey battle, resuming hostilities from the past weekend at TZ2, and honestly, going back years to Reedy, Fantasy World, Fasttrax, and wherever fast touring cars are raced. Last night it was Kody coming out on top with TQ and win, but Korey held station and seems fully committed to the season-long fight. Here's hoping he can keep bringing his best and put the Panda to the test.

Formula 1 is emulating the real thing so far this season. There's the guy on top, and everyone else scrambling for the leftover places. It's tough, but true. Mark is on a different level. And it's not as if Mike and Dan aren't solid in their own right. They are! But, they have to be scratching their heads and asking what they have to do. Still, the open-wheel format suggests interesting possibilities, and it's fun to watch when driven well. With each night it gets cleaner and better. Here's to a long season, and here's hoping the early dominance of Mark fades as the others find their pace and take the fight to him. Mark broke his own track record.

Stock Touring saw a first win for the Greek Streak (thanks for that one Kyle,) Panos! He was happy. TQ Malkinson had to settle for second as traffic got the better of Mike as he was coming through. Not to take anything away from Panos, as he was right on Mike and had to negotiate the same course as everyone else. He was patient, kept it clean, and siezed the opportunity when it came to take a long-awaited, well-deserved, and hard-earned win. Congratulations!

Finally, Mod 12 was light, but fast as usual. The cars can be unforgiving as the ballistic speeds and nimble handling expose any weaknesses in driver or setup. I think I was about a 1/16" too wide and 4 minutes too long on my front sauce. Early mistakes with an edgy car cost me. But, Sean was his usual unflappable self and took home the win. More to come!

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (61.2 KB, 75 views)
Round2.txt (68.8 KB, 87 views)
Round3.txt (55.5 KB, 124 views)
Old 10-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Looks like the Hanger is in full effect this year. I still need to make it down and check out the new place. Im contemplating coming out and playing some. My only problem is I need a car and all the goodies that go with it. If you have or know of somebody that has a good ready to race package let me know. I might be interested. Until then have fun guys
Old 10-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Had fun last night, personal best runs and laps in my 1/12, feeling somewhat competent heading in Vegas. WGT is another story, still gotta figure out that car.

Thanks alot to Kyle, Grant, Kody, Sean for all chipping in parts and equipment to get me prepared for IIC. Also thanks to Garrett, Wes, Brian, Dave, Jake for the IIC veteran advice and info. Thanks Garrett for the bitchin paint jobs. It feels pretty good to have the club rally behind me, looking forward to a week of fun and racing!
Old 10-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Its been a while since I've felt like I can contend for wins, and last few weeks have really reminded me that I can. New start with VBC has been great so far! I just need more track time to make myself drive better and shake off more rust.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rdog
Looks like the Hanger is in full effect this year. I still need to make it down and check out the new place. Im contemplating coming out and playing some. My only problem is I need a car and all the goodies that go with it. If you have or know of somebody that has a good ready to race package let me know. I might be interested. Until then have fun guys
Brad Curtis has two T3 2012's for sale. Not sure about all the other running equipment though.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rdog
Wes has a loaner wgt I believe... ready to race
Old 10-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Brad Curtis has two T3 2012's for sale. Not sure about all the other running equipment though.
Nope, he sold those! I think he has a few springs leftover, though.

-Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.