Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Please bring your own chairs! Tables are provided. If you feel that you will be a regular and want to leave a chair in storage, there is room.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by arn671
Actually going to be able to make a Wednesday race but can't remember if chairs were available?
You will need to bring your own chair.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
He want's to make sure its ok before dropping money on that ESC. Thanks for asking as its not like its just a pair of tires. That the speed control/RX combo will be legal for Mod as you may do what you please to get the power you want.

Eric your fine. But to guys thinking about using it in stock its a big no no from ROAR and we will stick to that. We can't have guys adding timing in stock when there driving from the stand can we? lol
as i understand it, you cant change the speedo from blinky to boosted from the transmitter.. but once you change it to boosted you can change all the timing advance settings from the transmitter.. and change several other profile parameters while on the drivers stand.. do i need all that? probably not.. i just dont want to drop the $$$ on the thing and then be told im cheating... as i need a new speedo and a second receiver... i thought this combo would be a good fit
Old 02-25-2015, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sounds logical.

Only thing I'd say is look around for some feedback in that ESC. Haven't really seen anyone use it. I heard a guy at worlds didn't have good luck but it was hot and that track was crazy big.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Kody and Eric,

I have that exact Speedo in my car now, and I think Roar is totally out to lunch on their ruling. I say this even if used with a 472 receiver. There is lights that change color that tell you as to what mode your in, like blinky or boost, secondly you can move move the esc plug out of the SSL plug in slot and back into the normal channel 2 slot and that alone takes away the ability to add boost ilegally.

That is all that Roar needed to rule, just don't allow the esc in the SSL slot on the 472 receiver for stock racing. Problem solved.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kody
Sounds logical.

Only thing I'd say is look around for some feedback in that ESC. Haven't really seen anyone use it. I heard a guy at worlds didn't have good luck but it was hot and that track was crazy big.
damn... well i probably wont use it for worlds then....
Old 02-25-2015, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by corallyman
Kody and Eric,

I have that exact Speedo in my car now, and I think Roar is totally out to lunch on their ruling. I say this even if used with a 472 receiver. There is lights that change color that tell you as to what mode your in, like blinky or boost, secondly you can move move the esc plug out of the SSL plug in slot and back into the normal channel 2 slot and that alone takes away the ability to add boost ilegally.

That is all that Roar needed to rule, just don't allow the esc in the SSL slot on the 472 receiver for stock racing. Problem solved.
but do you like the way it feels/functions?
Old 02-25-2015, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Do ROAR rules apply to shelf queens? My ARC and gear might be iffy...
Old 02-25-2015, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Do ROAR rules apply to shelf queens? My ARC and gear might be iffy...
Kyle,

I think your gear is ok, you on the other hand may no longer be Roar approved, sorry about that

Eric,

I only used it once so far and in Blinky mode, so it felt the same as any Speedo. Next summer at Fasstrax, when I race modified, it will be very adjustable to me during practice which is when I think it will be cool to play around with.

Since you mostly race stock, not sure if it would do much for you honestly. To me it seems to benefit the guys who race boosted or modified. As a blinky Speedo it would be the same as any other esc out there.

Steve
Old 02-26-2015, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Some great racing at the Hangar last night!

Stuart and Brian swapped TQ's between rounds one and two in 1/12th, and then Stuart and I had a tremendous nose to tail in the main. Super fun.

Erik! If you're looking for a good 1/12th ESC that handles both Stock and Mod, then I can definitely recommend the Hobbywing V3.1 1s. Stuart and I both run them and they have been bullet proof. They are nicely integrated, too--no external caps or switches.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

We had a 3 car 12th scale shoot out last night. I am sure that it was not exciting from a corner marshal perspective as we did not crash. Maybe Todd, maybe Stuart one time, maybe. Honestly, they didn't have to be out there. What did happen is 3 drivers lock into 8 minutes and run their hearts out. This is no lie, I had one of the best feeling stock cars in round 2, and I was running 3rd! It's hard to say "man, I am slow and getting beat" when your car feels just that good. At the end of round 2 I kept my head down and scratched out a 1.4 second tq over Todd. That felt like I lapped the field, twice! Stuart meanwhile had erased Wes' old "hot lap" record that had nearly been etched into the record board for all time. Stuart was less then a second behind Todd. 3 cars within 3 seconds. We were all impressed with the performance. Todd looked at me saying about Stuart: "well the joke is up, the kid is for real". No doubt. Stuart is sharpening his game every time he hits the track. He is starting to show some of the same qualities that I recall a young Trav Schreven had. Its there. I see it. And Trav blossomed about 13 or so. Stuart hasn't even hit 10 yet. Team Mason has signed up for MHIC. I will guarantee there will be some drivers and some pressure there. Handle that environment and come out on top, we'll know he's on his way.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Default RACING

Do you guys race indoor on sat.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yes at the community center but it's every other Saturday. We're not racing this Saturday.

Originally Posted by carlm64
Do you guys race indoor on sat.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

are last nights results posted somewhere?
Old 02-26-2015, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I’d like to offer a number of 1-cell batteries to SRCR colleagues who are interested in getting into 1/12th scale. These packs have just been gathering dust on my shelf; better for them to see the track.

All have low internal resistance (figures below from my iCharger). Are a tiny bit puffy but have been stable, not puffing more.
--- CRC 5600 65Cmah pack, 4.2 milli-ohm internal resistance
--- CRC 5600 65Cmah pack, 4.8 milli-ohm internal resistance
--- CRC 5600 65Cmah pack, 3.9 milli-ohm internal resistance
--- Revtech 6350mah 65c, 4.4 milli-ohm internal resistance
--- Revtech 6350mah 65c, 3.7 milli-ohm internal resistance
--- Fantom 5400mah 65-130c, 4.0 milli-ohm internal resistance
--- Fantom 5400mah 65-130c, 4.0 milli-ohm internal resistance

They are free. I’d like to see one pair go to one person, another pair to another, etc.

The objective being get more people involved in 1/12th scale. These will go first-come-first-serve and honor-system on putting them to use with new 1/12th scale drivers.

I’ll have them with me at the next Wednesday race. I’m not able to regularly attend the Saturday races but I’ll talk with Todd or Brian about maybe one of them making these available at the Saturday races.

Bill S.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-1-cell-lipos-low-res.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.