Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 04-20-2014, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well steve, most of the season i was driving my car wrong. I was being aggressive and throwing the car around. That's why it wasn't working for how i was driving the car. So i decided to change my driving style. Huge difference. Drive the car smoothly and consistently and it was a lot faster and it made the car setup work a lot better. Now granted it could still use a little tweaking. But i did however do 27 laps with my 6.1 at the ecc. Driving the awesomatix i went faster and the car felt more free. I went 6-7 sec faster on the total run with the new car and only one battery pack of practice before qualifying. Sure the new car is set up well, so that was a huge plus and didn't hurt anything at all.

Sure my statements may not hold water with a lot of you but im sure sold on the "A" car.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have been on this boat before lol, newer cars are just faster, no matter the brand, over the course of owning it there could be a couple worn more than normal parts that are hindering the performance just that little bit, then you get a fresher car and there are your couple tenths, half way through next season it will be the same deal lol

But just keep getting new cars and it isn't a problem, that's my theory and I stick to it haha
Old 04-20-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

its not like this is a new car. jaybee says its a 3 year old car. so its hardly new. its an original A700. but however its been well maintained. but far from a new car.

neither is my 6.1. when i got the car the guy said he only ran it a couple batteries and decided onroad wasnt for him and it sat for a couple months. he bought it new.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Jaybee loves to buy parts and keep his stuff in great shape though, so it being old is not really true haha

Buy a car from him and you will see, usually enough parts and header tags to build a new car
Old 04-20-2014, 06:03 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
Jaybee loves to buy parts and keep his stuff in great shape though, so it being old is not really true haha

Buy a car from him and you will see, usually enough parts and header tags to build a new car
bottom line is the ..JB car is dialed and doug was able to drive with less mistake compare his TC6...
JB A700 was very consistently thru entire races ,,

btw JB kept the spares parts for his new evo
Old 04-20-2014, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

i got a car with a couple spares and a few option parts. but not that much. i did however only have to toss a battery and a receiver into it to run it. had all electrics installed transponder included.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I'm glad the season is over so there will be ZERO need to check in with this thread....
Old 04-20-2014, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
I'm glad the season is over so there will be ZERO need to check in with this thread....
You will find a need Kyle
Old 04-20-2014, 06:22 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
still waiting for the report ...not so quickly buddy...
Old 04-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
Well steve, most of the season i was driving my car wrong. I was being aggressive and throwing the car around. That's why it wasn't working for how i was driving the car. So i decided to change my driving style. Huge difference. Drive the car smoothly and consistently and it was a lot faster and it made the car setup work a lot better. Now granted it could still use a little tweaking. But i did however do 27 laps with my 6.1 at the ecc. Driving the awesomatix i went faster and the car felt more free. I went 6-7 sec faster on the total run with the new car and only one battery pack of practice before qualifying. Sure the new car is set up well, so that was a huge plus and didn't hurt anything at all.

Sure my statements may not hold water with a lot of you but im sure sold on the "A" car.
Rather than adapt your driving style to the way your car is setup, maybe you should adapt your cars setup to your driving style? I've found this works best for me. Thats not to say that we don't need to look at our driving styles and sometimes make adjustments to become faster as well.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Odin544
Rather than adapt your driving style to the way your car is setup, maybe you should adapt your cars setup to your driving style? I've found this works best for me. Thats not to say that we don't need to look at our driving styles and sometimes make adjustments to become faster as well.
well my driving style was all wrong. chopping corners. tossing the car in and out of corners. trying to run way to tight of a line. i observed a few of the fast guys in some of the other classes. and watched all the videos of my runs and the other guys runs. i needed improvement. i adjusted my line so that i ran a little wider line and i started carrying more speed. my old line i was running so tight that i had to slow down so much it was really hurting my lap times. after i made the adjustment my lap times came way down to compareable to some of the faster guys. not the fastest guys but i was getting closer. it took some time to get it right and im still working on it and getting faster every weekend.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I raced my MI3 in VTA trim, I won with it, I raced my ARC in VTA trim and got third, means nothing, the ARC is faster, is it the car, or is that the Mi3 came off of a long layoff with a FW setup on it or is that there were faster drivers on the track the day I got third. setup is all about a drivers feel, jaybee drove the A car with a spool, install a gear diff and said it was better, Doug drove the car with a gear diff, removed it and installed a spool and said it was better, so which way is better, there can only be one truth, they both can't be right. Or can they. Doug says he went faster with the A car. check his lap times compared to previous lap times, either he did or didn't,

ok, now what steve is saying, well maybe its not the car, theres so many factors to consider, who knows, on that one night, maybe you could have turned the same times with a properly setup AE car under the same conditions.

anyone considering the A car, get one cause you want one, not cause you think your gonna pick up a lap. not saying your not, but your gonna be so pissed when you don't..
Old 04-20-2014, 07:55 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by dragonracing
well my driving style was all wrong. chopping corners. tossing the car in and out of corners. trying to run way to tight of a line. i observed a few of the fast guys in some of the other classes. and watched all the videos of my runs and the other guys runs. i needed improvement. i adjusted my line so that i ran a little wider line and i started carrying more speed. my old line i was running so tight that i had to slow down so much it was really hurting my lap times. after i made the adjustment my lap times came way down to compareable to some of the faster guys. not the fastest guys but i was getting closer. it took some time to get it right and im still working on it and getting faster every weekend.
Come on Doug
I watch you drive JB car and I can tell the ways the car drive around the track
and it is dialed.... I don't think you couldn't hold the same driving as you do with the TC6...You did adapted very quickly to JB car . I bet you realize the car was easy to drive faster you did with the TC6..
Old 04-20-2014, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

you make a good point ritchie. i guess i should have not said anything and just drive my car. if you want to know my opinion on the car....just ask.

I bought the car from jaybee because i wanted it.

true, i was getting faster with my 6.1. But it probably needs a better setup on it. but now its the kids car and we will work on it for him.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OVA
Come on Doug
I watch you drive JB car and I can tell the ways the car drive around the track
and it is dialed.... I don't think you couldn't hold the same driving as you do with the TC6...You did adapted very quickly to JB car . I bet you realize the car was easy to drive faster you did with the TC6..

you are correct. it was easier to drive faster.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.