Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 01-21-2015, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
It has been nearly a month since our last race at the Magnuson Community Center. Speaking only for myself and Stuart, we're getting excited for our return! We are both hoping to build on our good Modified efforts in Canada, and Stuart will also be returning to the Stock 1/12th field. He misses his compadres!

The CC will be open most of the day for youth basketball, but it's turned over to us no later than 5. I'll be there between 4:30 and 5:00, ready to leap into action at the earliest opportunity. We're running our standard program: Stock & Mod 1/12th and TC, Scale Spec, and Novice. The program has run like a finely oiled watch so far this season, so expect the usual two quals and a main and a (somewhat) reasonable wrap-up.

Let's race!
Looking forward to joining you guys on feb 7th. Would have made it down this weekend but I have to goto my wife's work holiday party... With and open bar... And a free 50 minute can ride home
Old 01-23-2015, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

Korey
you have a pm
Old 01-23-2015, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Man, its been a while. Who's ready to go fast?
Old 01-23-2015, 06:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Man, its been a while. Who's ready to go fast?
How about going slowly behind everyone else? =P
Old 01-23-2015, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AlexPate
Looking forward to joining you guys on feb 7th. Would have made it down this weekend but I have to goto my wife's work holiday party... With and open bar... And a free 50 minute can ride home
Damn Alex, sorry about your luck. It's a tough job but someone has to do it.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xen0ph0n
How about going slowly behind everyone else? =P
I resemble that remark. See you guys there.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE WIGGLER
Korey
you have a pm
Got it!!! Laptop packed for ORCA updates
Old 01-24-2015, 12:45 AM
Tech Regular

Ill be heading down tomorrow with Mr Spoon.... anyone have a spare 25.5 they could lend... or sell.. bring it tomorrow if possible...gotta race Jacob again....
Old 01-24-2015, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tiny.24
Ill be heading down tomorrow with Mr Spoon.... anyone have a spare 25.5 they could lend... or sell.. bring it tomorrow if possible...gotta race Jacob again....
Hey Tiny!! Hell yeah, glad to hear you guys coming down. Safe travels.... See you guys tonight
Old 01-24-2015, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

raceday!!!!!
Old 01-24-2015, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tiny.24
I'll bring one for ya Tiny.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

im coming down for food, racing if there's time.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
im coming down for food, racing if there's time.
Lol
Old 01-25-2015, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Donny -- I left you a pm.

Jerry

Last edited by boylrmakr; 01-25-2015 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Magnuson CC 2014/2015 Rd 8

The Seattle RC Racers opened up 2015 for real last night with 53 entries and a streamlined whip-crack race program that featured blazing speeds across the classes. I will also note that last night had to be the most efficient new-track-build this club has ever achieved. Without having all the moves down, we nevertheless opened the track just a tick after 5:30, giving our racers a solid hour-twenty of practice before the first qual fired off at 7pm sharp.

Jacob brought his Victoria-winning skills with him and proved the fastest of the night in Scale Spec. Mike B challenged, fielding his wife's car after he bumbled up his own Stock TC ride, but it wasn't enough to take down the grey NSX. Young Michael Standley made his first start in Scale Spec with his own gear after spending a couple nights previously in Novice, availing himself of our loaner program. Note the continuity on display. Both Jacob and Mike B have made brilliant progress over the past season-and-a-half, taking advantage of every local opportunity to race. Where will Michael be in a year's time? Based on what we saw last night, I'll say he shows a great deal of promise. With support of his dad, Dale (who will also be racing), I hope Team Standley becomes another fixture on the scene. The point is, we continue to grow our own in this club, building ourselves up while supporting the programs around us. Thank you to everyone on the other side of the gym who make the paddock a fun--occasionally off-color and frankly inappropriate but invariably hilarious--and welcoming place to hang out on a Saturday night.

Bodine brought his Vic-crushing Stock program to the gym and offered neither quarter nor mercy to the rest of the field. That left Stuart and Ron to contest the second spot, and it was the young gun who came out on top. After an early tangle left Stuart nearly a lap down, he squeezed trigger and powered his way back into contention. After working it out for a couple of laps, Stuart got by a stubborn Ron, banging doors but keeping it within bounds, and took the runner-up. Of note, Stuart was running spec tires front and rear and they were great. Handling was consistent throughout the run, and they wore like iron. I predict a minimum of three full race nights on the one set.

Modified Touring was Korey's final tune before flying off to Florida early Monday for Snowbirds. Korey will be representing his VBC team and this club in the Sunshine State all next week. Tune into the race online to check his progress. I expect good things. Korey was untouchable in qualifying and the main, and it's not like the other guys weren't good or not trying. They are, and they were. But, Korey was lights out. Good luck at 'Birds, man! Meanwhile, Brett, Jake, John, and Brian gave each other plenty of action for the runner up. In the end it was the always-on Shookie who came out the best of the rest on the night.

Stock Touring was also treated to a Harbuckle dose. Korey doesn't often run Stock, but he will be contesting 13.5 at Snowbirds, so he took advantage of our Stock field to put the shine on his second chassis. I will say it looked threatening. Andrew gave some fight, and came within a couple seconds in qualifying, but once the main opened up, Korey put the chokehold on, leaving Andrew seeing stars after a few laps. He ultimately was the only driver to stay within a lap of the flying VBC, the rest were scattered down the sheet.

Modified 1/12th was its usual high stakes speed freak. Come a minute or so into the main, I managed to finally get my sh!t together to challenge Brian, but by then I had given up just a bit too much. I had to make up a lap, and as Brian drove the wheels off his car, mine locked in, and I got it back. But, I couldn't close the remaining few seconds. Brian took the prize. Stuart showed that his Mod program has progressed beyond novelty act and is for real. Tracy and John were also on hand, showing pace at different points
in the night. For the record, Stuart is running the same spec fronts that are on his Stock car, but he's swapping the rears for a CRC Blu. His car is fantastic on the combo, and it also translates to a very simple tire package overall. A person can run both 1/12th classes on a night, and cover their traction needs with three tires: Spec fronts, Spec rears, and Blu rears. And, everything wears so well!

We're back in the hangar this Wednesday, the 28th, and the gym two Saturdays from now, on February 7. Until then, Go Hawks!

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (60.1 KB, 70 views)
Round2.txt (61.7 KB, 137 views)
Round3.txt (54.5 KB, 178 views)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.