Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Ian,

In addition to your car, battery, charger, and radio, you've got your chair. So...what else?

Nothing much, really. Just the usual happy warrior approach on the track, good humor in the paddock, and some munchies for the blood sugar.

(Also, two bottles of clamato, a squeeze pack of astroglide, and a black ski mask. Last time out, Jake showed us this Russian thing and we're all going to give it a go. Everyone has to participate, though. Apparently, it doesn't hurt. So, there's that )

Good morning!
Old 03-11-2015, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Well I guess I've been warned... I'll see ya tonight.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Hey Ian,

In addition to your car, battery, charger, and radio, you've got your chair. So...what else?

Nothing much, really. Just the usual happy warrior approach on the track, good humor in the paddock, and some munchies for the blood sugar.

(Also, two bottles of clamato, a squeeze pack of astroglide, and a black ski mask. Last time out, Jake showed us this Russian thing and we're all going to give it a go. Everyone has to participate, though. Apparently, it doesn't hurt. So, there's that )

Good morning!
How come I think of Mike Boyle when I read this?
Old 03-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Another brilliant night at the Hangar. With a little unfortunate luck, Bill Swadener left some crucial bits at home and by the time he got to the Hangar, he was only armed with a mod tc. I heard about this issue and jumped up: you're in luck! I have a rent-a-ride! So I sinch the 5 point harness down snug and turned Bill loose. Not a bad opening run. Bill found himself P2 to start the second round. But Todd and Stuart sharpened their pencils some and claimed enough of that! Todd and I went lap for lap, minute to minute, until the closing laps Todd tangled a smidge and loosened the death grip on TQ. Bill settled into P4 behind another fast night for young Stuart who had some handling issues to sort, but showed he was really the quickest car of the night. I ran out of tire and had to do a change prior to the main. I knew the tires were going to be too tall and I was right. After a good start, I spun the car about a minute in reducing any lead I had. Low and behold, who comes up fast in 2nd in a yellow car but Bill! I put my head down and focused on no more spins until the tires wear a bit. Todd mounted a charge on Bill that I could barely see out of the corner of my eye. Stuart, meanwhile had clawed his way to 2nd and was chasing me down! My car's tires faded out a bit but not before the final tone. Good thing, Stuart was coming like a freight train down hill without brakes! Todd had to earn a hard fought 3rd. Bill had a great time with nothing invested, took a 4th. Steve improves his program every outing and completes the night in 5th. Thanks Bill for returning the car with the hubcaps and mirrors still in tact.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Thank you very much, Brian, for allowing me to drive your car.

I rushed out of the house yesterday morning, after throwing my RC stuff in the trunk. I grabbed the touring car with the pink nose, which used to be my stock car. My mind was going too fast to think about how I recently put a different colored body on my Stock TC car. So, the pink nose I grabbed was the wrong car.

Anyway ... You, sir, have 1/12th-scale setup Skillz (capital "S"). The car was DIALED. Thanks to your generosity, I enjoyed a super-fun night.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate what you did for me.

Bill

PS. My sainted wife will be thrilled to learn that driving a well-setup 1/12th scaler re-invigorated the 1/12th-scale bug in me!
Old 03-12-2015, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

That was a fun night of 1/12th scale racing

I did slap some new tires on Stuart's car, and they were a little donkish in diameter. Partly, I'm a cheap-ass and want to see him get four or more nights of racing out of them. But also, I want to get him to "drive the car that's on the track." I don't mean to take it to extremes, but I also think it's a mindset to develop. 8 minutes is a long race, and sometimes stuff happens part way, and there are still minutes left on the clock. Trav was a master of getting whatever was attached to his transmitter to go fast, whether it was a bucket or a beast. I'd like to see Stuart develop some of that attitude and ability to just adapt on the fly to whatever just happened. There's only so much anyone can do, and certainly, a well set up car will win more races over time.

But, sometimes, tenacity and the luck that comes from it can produce a surprising result despite misfortune.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet

Good morning!
Uhoh. It sounds like Todd is chugging the Vagisil again. I told you Todd, its SouthPark, you won't go faster on the track if you try everything under the sun, that includes cartoons, especially that one !!! I believe even Cartman came to that conclusion!
Old 03-13-2015, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 10 Results

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Uhoh. It sounds like Todd is chugging the Vagisil again. I told you Todd, its SouthPark, you won't go faster on the track if you try everything under the sun, that includes cartoons, especially that one !!! I believe even Cartman came to that conclusion!
Jesus H. Lawntrimmers....Jake and Todd have officially wrecked me. Any chance I have to write a race report was not been replaced by the visions of Vagisil-chugging Russians in ski masks. Mind = blown.

Sooooo yeah.....how about that race? Here's what I remember:
  • Kody came to play, resetting Stock Touring track record once and fast lap three times. New records for H30 are 9.336 fast lap (was 9.583) and 38/6:09.696 (was 37/6:07.413).
  • Not sure who won Stock touring, but I'm sure he was fast.
  • Adam Shelton took the bump from the Sale Spec B to finish 5th in the A. Jacob barely managed to beat Chris to the line.
  • Braedan Swan took advantage of a half-day at school to run Novice qualifiers and the Scale Spec B Main.
  • Bodine took 1/12 scale, followed by Stuart and Todd.

Results are below, Now I'm gonna go watch some videos of piano playing kittens or something to wash my mind clean. Wish me luck.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (34.9 KB, 68 views)
Round2.txt (36.4 KB, 55 views)
Round3.txt (28.8 KB, 83 views)
Old 03-13-2015, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

What's the address to where you guys race? I'm in Seattle till Sunday. Are you guys racing this weekend?
Old 03-13-2015, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
What's the address to where you guys race? I'm in Seattle till Sunday. Are you guys racing this weekend?
Unfortunately you missed us by a week. This weekend is our off weekend. We're a temp track and setup just a few times a month.

But if your up for an adventure there is a 6 hour enduro race Saturday. Its an hour north of Seattle. We will be there from 7am tell I'd say 5-6pm burning laps.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//48....e3!4m2!4m1!3e0
Old 03-13-2015, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
Unfortunately you missed us by a week. This weekend is our off weekend. We're a temp track and setup just a few times a month.

But if your up for an adventure there is a 6 hour enduro race Saturday. Its an hour north of Seattle. We will be there from 7am tell I'd say 5-6pm burning laps.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//48....e3!4m2!4m1!3e0
Ok thx. It all hinged on persuading the wife anyways. Our carpet track is not a perm track either. I will try and swing by though.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Default 4pm Saturday

Basketball season is done in the gym, so we can start at 4pm!

I'm thinking 4 is the perfect start for us, and since I'm working on the schedule for next season, 4 will be our target time through the whole season--excepting the basketball window which will be 5. The 3pm start of the first half felt a tick too early. 4 is Mom's bowl of porridge, all the way.

So, one more race night at the gym before the ECC to get dialed in. The layout is finally perfected, and based on our last time out and the good feelings all around, I'd say we are looking forward to an exciting, fast, and fun 2015!

Club Race
Magnuson Community Center
Saturday, March 21
4pm Track Build
5pm Practice
6pm Q1

See you there!
Old 03-18-2015, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Mmmmmmmm, mod TC...

And loaner 1/12 if Bodine makes it!

-Mike
Old 03-18-2015, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Mike you're on the hook, your chariot awaits.

Oh boy, lot's of new products and ideas in the Slapmaster Shop this week. The new WC is finally sorted. New Airtronics receivers arrived and are installed as I shift over to the MT4S. New Orca VX3 1s arrived today and successfully installed one of them. Did the whole programing card update, that can go wrong many ways but just the opposite, install update was perfect. Dr Dick's Speedshop is honing the pistons for a fast pass. Got the gray matter bowl filled up with some fresh ideas. Still staring down some clear lexan that needs a little color. Feels like I am heading off to something important, like a big race is coming.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

OK.

Attachment 1279381

Last edited by gwhiz; 09-23-2023 at 08:32 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.