Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 02-09-2016, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Tapped nuts...that's what I'm talking about!
Old 02-09-2016, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default TC PARTS and OPTIONS

I am looking at stocking up on a few parts, and I am trying to understand the advantage of a few things.

With an ARC R10 what is the benefit of getting hard vs soft lower arms and hubs?

Also what is the disadvantage of running the low friction belts, and pulley sets vs the black set? I am guessing that it is better to run the low friction with 17.5 SPEC and the black set with MOD?

Does anyone ever run a diff in the front vs a spool?
Old 02-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lence
I am looking at stocking up on a few parts, and I am trying to understand the advantage of a few things.

With an ARC R10 what is the benefit of getting hard vs soft lower arms and hubs?

Also what is the disadvantage of running the low friction belts, and pulley sets vs the black set? I am guessing that it is better to run the low friction with 17.5 SPEC and the black set with MOD?

Does anyone ever run a diff in the front vs a spool?
Running hard plastic will make the car more precise feeling. One its stiffer but two its less un-sprung weight. Hard parts will also help with corner speed. Down side is there more fragile and will provide less grip when its lower. Soft arms would work in super low traction say on asphalt. But we still preferred standard (medium) plastic in those cases.

There are zero disadvantages to running low friction front belts. Personal its all I used and they lasted if properly set. On the pulley side of things we've used them in stock and mod. Stock it helps and mod it helps on really big tracks if your looking for more top speed.

Diff in the front is a tuning thing. Its something I've never liked in the ARC but its my driving style and setup possible.

Hope that helps,

Kody
Old 02-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Only you would take it there Mike...
Old 02-09-2016, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm looking for an X-ray T3-2011 part # 302516 . Anybody in the club have a spare ? I know , its not likely...

its the one on the right side in the picture.

Thanks,

Jake
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-xra302516.jpg  
Old 02-10-2016, 08:08 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
I'm looking for an X-ray T3-2011 part # 302516 . Anybody in the club have a spare ? I know , its not likely...

its the one on the right side in the picture.

Thanks,

Jake
Maybe FW may have them
Old 02-10-2016, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hangar 30 Race Night!
5pm Track Build
6pm Practice
7pm Qualifying
10pm Mains

Please remember to send PayPals in prior to arriving if possible. See you tonight!
Old 02-12-2016, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default CC and H30 Track Records

Track records updated on the club's website. Some good stuff there!

http://seattlercracers.com/

Current Track Records (Community Center)

Scale Spec: Donny Banks 27/6:07 23Jan2016
Stock 1/12th: Brian Bodine 41/8:10 6Feb2016
World GT: Alex Danilchik 28/6:00 19Dec2015
Modified Touring: Kody Knudtson 33/6:09 6Feb2016
Formula 1: Mark Brown 27/6:03 6Feb2016
Stock Touring: Mike Malkinson 30/6:04 2Jan2016
Modified 1/12th: Korey Harbke 46/8:01 2Jan2016

Current Track Records (Hangar 30)

Scale Spec: Ryan Brownlee 33/6:07 30Dec2015
Stock 1/12th: Stuart Mason 48/8:10 10Feb2016
Stock Touring: Kody Knudtson 36/6:00 18Nov2015
Formula 1: Mark Brown 33/6:07 27Jan2016
Old 02-12-2016, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 8 Results

Seattle Traffic and the Sandpoint Way road closure didnít make it easy, especially in the closing weeks of carpet season, but as long as thereís a rug to race on and laughs to be had, it seems you guys will be there. We are a fortunate bunch of guys, arenít we? Turnout was a bit lower this week, but I think we can chalk that up to a couple absences from otherwise regular racers. (Names have been omitted to protect the innocent.)

Novice saw returning up-and-comers Daniel Wageman and Chris Iverson battle car failures as well as each other, adding a lap or two over their previous results. Daniel let the smoke out of his receiver in Q1, but managed to purge the smoke-demon for Q2 to take TQ for the main. Chris needs to find a real mechanic for his TC5 loaner car (confession time: itís my car and Iím the crappy mechanic), because the steering servo self-immolated in practice and he was relegated to a trusty H30 loaner for the rest of the night. Once the mechanical issues were laid to rest, Daniel and Chris lined up for the main, Daniel put the hammer down early, drove a clean race, and took the win over Chris.

Stock Touring saw Shay Goodlund running in good form all night, even getting within sight of Jake and Kodyís seemingly unattainable track records. In the Main, Shay had a rough start, clipping a pipe and dropping to 4th while #2 qualifier Mike Boyle assumed the lead. Shay settled-in for a hard nightís work, picking off Andrew Kaltsouis, Steve Todd, and setting his sights on Mike in the lead spot. A couple of taps from Mike, combined with a series of fast and clean laps allowed Shay to reel in the lead spot and retake it a little before the 3-minute mark. In an effort to answer the challenge from Shay, Mike ripped off the fastest lap of the night (9.825) before disaster stuck. From what I could see, his steering failed on the straight, resulting in his car hitting the outside pipe at the entrance to the sweeper at full wood, ending his night and cruelly putting an end to what was shaping up to be a great battle to the finish. From there, Shay consolidated his lead and drove it to the line to take the win, with Andrew 2nd and Steve 3rd.

Scale Spec was a hot night, with the entire grid qualifying with 30 or more laps for the first time all season. Mark Brown was top of the heap and the only car to get into the 10ís all night. In the main, a first lap fracas collected 5 of the 7 cars on the track, leaving race leader Mark unscathed and allowing the luckiest Race Director on the planet (for two races a row, I might add) to slip from 6th to 2nd. When things settled down, Kodi Johnson had managed move up from 5th to 3rd, with Chris Perry reeling him in lap after lap. Chris eventually passed Kody, set his sights on me and went to work the next 4 minutes, pulling to within a few car lengths of my (increasingly clenched) rear bumper. In the sweeper my poor line choice resulted in a little bobble which gave Chris all he needed to slip past for 2nd. Try as I may, I had nothing for him and had to settle for 3rd place. You might ask, ďWhere was Mark in all of this?Ē The short answer is ďchecked the eff outĒ, he was on another level that night and as a result completely untouchable. Well done, Mark, for a peerless drive and congrats to Chris for a helluva recovery.

Stock 1/12 was the highlight of the night for some, Stuart Mason in particular. Thereís no gentle way to put it, so Iíll just come out and say it: Stuart has been gunning for Brian and Todd for the past couple of seasons, and this week he not only drew blood but left a lasting mark in the 1/12 scale. Q1 was forgettable for Stuart, while Brian and Todd did what they tend to do, which is to put on a clinic for the rest of the field. When Q2 came around, Brian placed his stamp on the proceedings by resetting fastest lap ever for a 1/12 scaler in the Hangar with a 9.711. Undaunted by Brianís show of force, Stuart got to work and ripped off a series of laps in the 9ís, recovered from an unforced error and clocked-in the first ever 48 lap run in the Hangar this season. 48/8:10 with a 9.728 fast lap that would have reset that record as well, had Brian not pipped Stuart by 0.017s minutes earlier. The Main was a Stuart, Brian and Todd freight train, with the top three finishing 6 seconds apart. Todd 3rd, Stuart 2nd and Brian 1st.

I hope to see you all February 24th! Results are attached below.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (32.8 KB, 61 views)
Round2.txt (34.6 KB, 68 views)
Round3.txt (26.3 KB, 210 views)
Old 02-13-2016, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Series points attached below.

Bill
Old 02-13-2016, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Maybe FW may have them
Old 02-17-2016, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey All!
Racing at the Community Center this Sat starting at 5p for set up. Todd is on vacation and as you know, he a key person setting up the facility. If you want a chance to step up, here's a chance. From rolling the carpet out, taping seems, laying pipe....jump in because I will need a hand for sure!

I will be running around doing registration. If you normally pay with Paypal, I will ask that you get that sent in early. Honestly, I'd like to just look at your phone with the amount and date to verify. I won't have the time or patients wait around while you log in. Appreciate it!

Kody and Alex will call some racing. Russ and even Ken jumped on the mic during some mod12 heats, we may ask that of you again. I used to call a good race. Now my voice gets dry within a few minutes and then it sounds like I am going to barf in the mic. No one wants to hear that.

Look forward to seeing everyone this Sat. We have H30 on the 24th for a mid week romp. Then it's time to head north to Nora for the Regionals which Kody and Dick have been working on for some time, should be a great race within easy drive time. So get on up there and support the event.

Brian
Old 02-18-2016, 11:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Allways glad to help any way I can.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Default Reminder!

Doors open @ 5pm

Qual 1 @ 7pm
Old 02-21-2016, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Let me just say, you really don't miss something until its gone. The smooth consistency that we all enjoy every race night is due to one man: Todd Mason. Yes, we plowed through the manual labor part just fine. Ryan, Robert, Jeff, Jerry and myself got the carpet taped together. The call out to general public got the pipes down and track open by 5:40. I got in a few laps of practice and got quickly reminded that registration needs to happen. Thank you all for having your PP ready! Then came the first stick in the spokes. The laptop had a pass word that stalled the night. We laughed about it after we stopped freaking out. Kody took the reigns and entered in my poor penmanship. Kody bowed out of racing and called the bulk of the races and did a flawless job keeping us on a reasonable schedule. 9 heats for the night in a noticeably lighter attendance. I spouted out an abbreviated drivers meeting introducing a brand new driver Aaron to our hobby. All of our heats had the usual top level competition jockeying for the pole. I'll be honest, I was heads down tightening nuts and bolts on two cars and didn't get to see much racing short of my marshaling duties. Dick Reese certainly had the pencil sharp last night in both SS and stock tc as he rose to the surface. A self-promoting pat on the back fun note as I was able to nudge the track record in stock12 by a mere 0.3ths of a second with a car that I affectionally call: the sheet metal project. Korey found the front of mod tc in the ghost white Yok. And I was able to lay a personal best in mod12 but yet fell just shy of Korey's record. But a big shout out to Shook for a very fast P2 spot as he gets quicker every time he hits the track. Brian is progressing faster then I am. I suspect I'm in more trouble then I realize! Dave McMullen drove to the front of F-1 for the evening from a solid group of attendees. And Jack is well on his way in novice showing he has the skills and set up knowledge to leave his dad to marinate a little longer. One thing I did notice about Aaron on his opening night was that he had a big smile on his face then entire time. That is always a good sign!

Mains again were tough for me to narrate. I was once again nose down with wrenches in hand. Mike Clifton helped me big time covering for me marshaling, thank you sir! Jack dominated Novice as we welcomed Yuchol back from a 12yr hiatus. Sneaky Justin lie in wait to snatch Dick's thunder in SS. I held onto a wounded 12 stock car for a W which Clifton rolled out a stellar evening that he was quite proud of. Dave rode off into the F-1 sunset. After a "do over start", Dick claimed stock tc. I got to watch mod tc from my marshal spot; Korey opened up with a micro lead but really hits the brakes hard at the end of the straight with Jake and Andrew having to check up nearly every lap, Andrew carried best speed on the right side and eventually gets around Jake, Andrew shakes off a bum lap that opened too much gap to Korey but closed it down at the tone, but Korey holds on for the win. Mod12 turned into more of a hold on baby race rather then a quality shoot out for the checkers, none of us really had solid cars. Oh well.

Thanks for all who chipped in getting us tore down by midnight. But I really want to bring your guy's attention to all that Todd does and does it so well. His organization, self sacrifice, his constant high quality and the ability to still wheel competitive cars is pretty remarkable. Do not take Todd for granted, he does so much for us so that we can simply just show up and have fun. Now lets check him for tan and see if he still has sand between his toes! Rumor has it he's back for Wed H30 action.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.