Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

How are your outdrives on the rear diff? If they get notches in them the cvd's won't slide and can cause the suspension to act wierd. I have seen it wear the tires on the outside more than the inside even with 4* of camber.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
Sonsa, I said before, it's natural that rears will wear more as the transfer of weight shifts to rear. So run harder tyres, 40's give yourself 2mm split larger rear.

And you're sure side belts and front belts arent slipping right?

h

PS: This will be even worse with Soft Shore and Hard Srpings.
Yeah i know the rear tires will wear more, but i still want more drive at the front.

Yes im sure no belt is slipping.

Well i have 1.6 springs rear, is that to soft / to hard?

Originally Posted by qcrc
How are your outdrives on the rear diff? If they get notches in them the cvd's won't slide and can cause the suspension to act wierd. I have seen it wear the tires on the outside more than the inside even with 4* of camber.
If youre talking to me - The outdrives look fine and the cvds slide as butter.

But still tire wear is not my biggest concern, i want to know why the tires chunk on the outside of the rear tires. I have tried using the stickers and shape the outside more round. Both dont work, i will try glue next time but i doubt that will work.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sonsa
Yeah i know the rear tires will wear more, but i still want more drive at the front.

Yes im sure no belt is slipping.

Well i have 1.6 springs rear, is that to soft / to hard?

If youre talking to me - The outdrives look fine and the cvds slide as butter.

But still tire wear is not my biggest concern, i want to know why the tires chunk on the outside of the rear tires. I have tried using the stickers and shape the outside more round. Both dont work, i will try glue next time but i doubt that will work.
using Xceed tires ? i use them and they are great. no chunks.
i know you posted a setup before, but it is missing things on the sheet.
it is important to know what all the settings are at.

too soft a shore tire will alwyas load the outside , as teh foam is softer, and the rims pivots ont eh edge of the foam on fast corners, and heavy braking.can be simple as a rock, or too much roll on foam, creating your problem. droop can be used to limit the upwards chassis travel, but it also effects how much camber the tires have when they are just about to unload. if you dont use screws, they will have free travel, and can even drop back to 0 or even + camber unloaded, this can have a big effect on chunking as well.

no matter what car you drive, rears will always wear faster, unless you run different front to rear shores, or change the overdrive drastically.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

does horizon hobbies carry parts for the team magic/ rd logics mongoose g4, my LHS orders from horizon and great plains and was wondering if i could just go through them or if i have to order from someplace on line
Old 09-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

even i also get the problem for the rear tyre wear but after using 37 front and 40 rear its work,but its take me alot of time to make my driving work on the setup,i got traction roll on the sweeper which make my car roll over to the curb.. by using 35 shore front and rear..
Old 09-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DHooter
does horizon hobbies carry parts for the team magic/ rd logics mongoose g4, my LHS orders from horizon and great plains and was wondering if i could just go through them or if i have to order from someplace on line
What parts were you after??
Old 09-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sonsa
Ahhh im so mad right now. Everytime i drive my g4s on the track, both rear tires gets destroyed.

Foam gets ripped of the wheel on the outside, this happens EVERY time. What the hell is wrong???

No one at my local track knows why this happens. I have the same setup as they have in camber, toe-in and such. They dont have this issue...

I changed the oil in the rear diff to 30k cause someone said that was the problem, i hade 6k before.

I didnt hit the curbs, i didnt flip the car or anything. Im getting so sick of this that i am thinking about stop racing 1/10th onroad...

EDIT: And yeah one more question, HOW do i get more front drive, its like im driving a rwd car right now. TM added a huge front sidepulley and a small one rear side. 27t vs 18t/19t, what the fudge?

Sonsa I've reviewed your setup, I recommend reviewing your rear ride height at 8mm this is going to make a significant change in the camber at the wheels. On the 30k fluid this isn't going to be causing the problem... however it should only be used when the traction is high... In low traction you'll have a better feel if you put fresh 7-10k oil in a rebuilt diff... You can mix a little 30k oil in too if you want to bring it up a fraction.. say nearer 15k

I have chuncked several foam tyres on the G4s, aside from a very agressive camber setting, I'd check your rear width... I found that when I had set my rear width at 200mm with 1 particular brand, then changed tyre brands to another (matrix) that resulted in a much wider track width... so far that the lexan body could cut into the edge of the tyer, causing it to chunk...

Check the ripple strips at the track, they can also give you some trouble as they can have an edge that will damage the side of the tyre.

As others suggested it will help prevent chunking if you can keep your tyres trued between rounds..
Old 09-10-2010, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

What parts were you after??
im just looking for a good parts supplier for next season, it will be my first nitro on road season comming from stock elec TC and off road so im sure ill need a few parts from time to time lol
Old 09-10-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DHooter
im just looking for a good parts supplier for next season, it will be my first nitro on road season comming from stock elec TC and off road so im sure ill need a few parts from time to time lol
The mongoose.. as in the old model car?

If so it's evolved a lot and Ive got heaps of older g4 parts I cant use.. Im not sure how easy it will be to get spurs either for the older transmission.

Anway.. if things break.. just ask.. or try www.rcmanufactory.com

cheers

h
Old 09-16-2010, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Default G4RS 2008 2 Speed Shaft!

Hi

Has anyone tried to shim some of the play in the 2 speed shaft at all on the G4RS? I noticed it is the same on the G4JR as well, it seems to come back an hit the clutch bell and put a mark on the spur gears

Cheers
Andrew
Old 09-16-2010, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi

Has anyone tried to shim some of the play in the 2 speed shaft at all on the G4RS? I noticed it is the same on the G4JR as well, it seems to come back an hit the clutch bell and put a mark on the spur gears

Cheers
Andrew
It works well. Be carful not to use too many shims and make sure you leave a little bit of play or things can go bad.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Hi

Cheers
Andrew
Bundy the evo came with one of those bearing with a moudled washer attached. Seemed to remove all the play. Ive had a lot of play in my trans axle and it hasnt caused problems.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by qcrc
It works well. Be carful not to use too many shims and make sure you leave a little bit of play or things can go bad.
Thanks for advice, i used some shims from Tamiya electric car... I also moved the motor back a little more just to be on the safe side.

Will track test it on Sunday when i get all my receiver back together!

Thanks for help

Last edited by Bundy_Bear; 09-18-2010 at 08:16 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 09-17-2010, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Bundy the evo came with one of those bearing with a moudled washer attached. Seemed to remove all the play. Ive had a lot of play in my trans axle and it hasnt caused problems.
Harry

I remember the bearing was different, but i don't know where i have put them. It could be in Abbey's G4JR, i still haven't fixed her radio on it yet so i wouldn't dare raid the 2 speed:P

Going to try Wynnum again this weekend with the G4RS, I have tried a few different things with my setup, but the track was so dusty last Sunday i am not holding my breath!
Old 09-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Harry

I remember the bearing was different, but i don't know where i have put them. It could be in Abbey's G4JR, i still haven't fixed her radio on it yet so i wouldn't dare raid the 2 speed:P

Going to try Wynnum again this weekend with the G4RS, I have tried a few different things with my setup, but the track was so dusty last Sunday i am not holding my breath!
I also noticed the EVO uses a larger bearing in the 2 speed housing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.