Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
The locker/spool on the front will reduce the weight significantly. Depending on your track this can work for or against you. A spread spectrum radio with good servos will be a better investment in the long term and give you much better response.

The stiffer the diff oil the more push/understeer you will get "on power". Soften the oill too much and with oversteer it will snap out on you. Once you get the suspension, steering and overall balance to your liking things will settle down.

Try adjusting the castor to set the camber on turn and don't throw your money at the car until you know what you need and why.
Speaking of diff oils, i have just ordered a heap on Patto's recommendation to try something new and see if i can overcome my on power oversteer issues. Failing this and i will have to get a customer car deal on a Serpent 733 TE and just show up to the track to drive :P

Patto: Are you listening

Andrew
Old 08-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default How old is the G4 Chassis

Hi all, i have inherited a g4 roller, ad was wondering how old this chassis is and what if anything would have to be upgraded to make it competive at club level.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Craig67
Hi all, i have inherited a g4 roller, ad was wondering how old this chassis is and what if anything would have to be upgraded to make it competive at club level.
Craig:

If possible could you post a picture off the car so we can see what model you have. The original G4 was 2004 from memory and Team Magic used this platform till 2008 over many variances.

Looking forward to hearing from you and happy to help... Where are you looking at running it?

Thanks
Andrew
Old 08-21-2011, 11:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default G4 pics

thanks for the relpies, not sure what im going to do with it, came as part of a package of gear( serpent 733, dx3r+bits and peices) i bought second hand. New to rc car racing, so i will give brendale a go.

cant post pics at the moment, the chassis and pic are in the Australlia for sale section
posted by K-h1

cheers
Craig
Old 08-22-2011, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

thanks for the relpies, not sure what im going to do with it, came as part of a package of gear( serpent 733, dx3r+bits and peices) i bought second hand. New to rc car racing, so i will give brendale a go.

cant post pics at the moment, the chassis and pic are in the Australlia for sale section
posted by K-h1

cheers
Craig
Craig:

I think it is an original G4 from memory, best bet is to talk to Blis (Harry) as he races a G4 at Brendale with his sons and he will be only to happy to assist.

Andrew
Old 08-22-2011, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

posted by K-h1

cheers
Craig
Have heaps of parts to get you up and running.. Short of spurs and belts.

PS: Will you be running Friday nights or Weekend Pro touring, Im a member there.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

anyone know where can i get the k factory brown belt?as i check k fac website there no old brown belt anymore for the g4,

as for the diff its really hard to find the small rear diff,so i try to convert my trany from kyosho or mugen as i have nothing to do with my time while waiting for the part coming,
Old 08-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Default Diff Oils / Oversteer On-Power!

Hi

Just wanted to let everyone know that changing the front diff oil making it thicker has cured my on-power oversteer. Only issue now is a little mid corner understeer which i will try some castor/ front roll centre changes and see what difference this makes... Very Happy Team Magic Camper now!

Andrew
Old 08-30-2011, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi

Just wanted to let everyone know that changing the front diff oil making it thicker has cured my on-power oversteer. Only issue now is a little mid corner understeer which i will try some castor/ front roll centre changes and see what difference this makes... Very Happy Team Magic Camper now!

Andrew
Could that mean you may have thinned your rear?
Old 08-30-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blis
Could that mean you may have thinned your rear?
Harry

I haven't touched the rear, just used a thicker oil in the front diff. I might have to go thinner in the rear to get some steering back, but have gone back to original settings for the front roll centre and caster as see what impact this has now.

Hope the weather comes good for the weekend so i can try it now!

Andrew
Old 08-31-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Default Clutch SOS!

Harry I need help with the blasted clutch again. I have changed my engine to a new STS from the Picco and it has rounded the edge of the teeth on second gear from the clutchbell. If i push the motor back to give it more space the first gear pinion only sits half way through first gear....

Between issues with 2nd gear I managed to loose the screw and thrust bearing out of the engine. Hope it hasn't damaged the thread on the crankshaft.

Andrew
Old 08-31-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Harry I need help with the blasted clutch again. I have changed my engine to a new STS from the Picco and it has rounded the edge of the teeth on second gear from the clutchbell. If i push the motor back to give it more space the first gear pinion only sits half way through first gear....

Between issues with 2nd gear I managed to loose the screw and thrust bearing out of the engine. Hope it hasn't damaged the thread on the crankshaft.

Andrew

I am assuming you are using a steel new bell. this is a common problem with the TM. I've rounded the second spur a few times and it doesnt seems to cause too much of a problem. Just check it once you have run in the gears.

If you cant settle the engine mount you can shim behind the collete to get the clutch bell a fraction further outward but be careful you dont consume all the clutch gap in the process

TM's arent the easiest clutches to mesh.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default centax

Hi,

I have a TM G4JR car, and it don't have the centax.
One friend have a Hobao GPX4 centax kit, and is not using it.
I'm looking his GPX4 centax kit to fit in my TM G4...
Anyone can tell me if the GPX4 centax will fit in the G4???
My friend lives far away form me, so I can't try to put the centax in my car to know if it fits...

Thanks.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello!

I'm really pissed here, let me tell you why. I bought a G4S (first one, they sey) and everyone says my car isn't competitive in comparison to the cars running at my track. G4RS and Mugen MTX4R.

The question is, is that true? Is there any way of Upgrading my car? I prefer to spend 150$ with upgrade, instead of 500$ on a new KIT. The engine I admit is not competitive, Its a Novarossi LS3 buy I'm thinking on buying a Flash later.

Can you Guys help? I'm also looking on the web for the G4 Series on the web and i can't find de order for the cars... Wich one came first.. .and second... G4 -> G4 + -> G4+ Evo -> G4S -> G4RS -??? Is this right?

Hope you can help me. I really like my TM.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nelio
Hello!

I'm really pissed here, let me tell you why. I bought a G4S (first one, they sey) and everyone says my car isn't competitive in comparison to the cars running at my track. G4RS and Mugen MTX4R.

The question is, is that true? Is there any way of Upgrading my car? I prefer to spend 150$ with upgrade, instead of 500$ on a new KIT. The engine I admit is not competitive, Its a Novarossi LS3 buy I'm thinking on buying a Flash later.

Can you Guys help? I'm also looking on the web for the G4 Series on the web and i can't find de order for the cars... Wich one came first.. .and second... G4 -> G4 + -> G4+ Evo -> G4S -> G4RS -??? Is this right?

Hope you can help me. I really like my TM.
regarding for TM g4,im still using g4 black magic for my whole season,i admit that my speed very slow then other brand but as long as im still love to drive with the magic so whatever people say or critic bout those kit i jus ignore,

so for the option part u can check on rcmushroom.com,
http://www.rcshopping.com/index.jsp?tag=index

its start with #502 for g4,g4s,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.