Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by keavze
is this thread 'dead'?

anyway, just a question: what's the diff between the G4S 2nd speed gear and the G4+/G4RS Duro 2nd speed gear?
The inside diameter is also smaller on the duro gears, they will not fit the G4S housing
Old 02-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Sp Racer
The inside diameter is also smaller on the duro gears, they will not fit the G4S housing
So other then the G4 Duro 2 Speed Housing, do I need to change any other parts so that I can use the duro gears?
Old 02-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by epsilon
So other then the G4 Duro 2 Speed Housing, do I need to change any other parts so that I can use the duro gears?
you will need duro spurs, duro housing and duro clutch shoes, I am sure thats it.I upgraded both the s and rs models to duro!
as for the g4s and the g4rs ,I find the g4rs is a bit more responsive, has better steering and seems to hug the road a bit better that the g4s, thats racing on a tight track like mine. I will get alot better idea when racing season starts next week as I have only done a few practise laps with it.
cheers
Old 02-25-2008, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default anyone racing this car ?

Hey guys, just wondering with all the chat if anyone other than Sp Racer has been running the car at all. seems to be so many questions with not many results being posted. i know last meet Sp put the RS on TQ, with some bad luck happening before the final. i also had some niggling radio issues on the weekend, luckily not all day. i have to say this car with a good setup, is so much more than the G4S and even the G4+. id like to hear some comments on practice or racing, with some ideas from everyone with some setups. cause i think Sp racer and Myself have this car absolutey dialled. some minor differences between Sp and myself, id have to say i wouldnt have gone back to spool if it werent for SP on another note i think there are some issues TM needs to sort out with the arms and the shock balls splitting the holes in the arms. now i have no problem up front anymore since going back to std G4arms, but they dont fit on the rear, so im stuck still with the flying (breaking) arms.
just a tip on clutch installation, make sure there is no interference with the spring retainer in the shoe with the throw out shoes under the plate. this has fixed any uneven wear issues with the clutch shoe. just a hint of touching of the retainer will do bad things.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

I will be running my G4S for the first time in a long while this coming weekend.
looking forward to it.
I have never stripped a spur and only time was from a accident, if you take care of the 2 speed clutch clearance and bearings then you shouldnt have any hassles.
I am one of the only guys in teh club that does minimal fiddling and repairs to my car, other guys always have issues with there Serpents, Mugens.

Forgot to mention Serpent yellow clutch shoe works great if you ream out teh holes a bit.
Clutch feels super and consistent with it and lasts longer.

Last edited by razzor; 02-25-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Spool = fast

Paul, see if you can get yourself some kyosho "gold" rear springs
Old 02-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
I will be running my G4S for the first time in a long while this coming weekend.
looking forward to it.
I have never stripped a spur and only time was from a accident, if you take care of the 2 speed clutch clearance and bearings then you shouldnt have any hassles.
I am one of the only guys in teh club that does minimal fiddling and repairs to my car, other guys always have issues with there Serpents, Mugens.

Forgot to mention Serpent yellow clutch shoe works great if you ream out teh holes a bit.
Clutch feels super and consistent with it and lasts longer.
good luck Razzor, all the best
Old 02-26-2008, 02:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sp Racer
Spool = fast

Paul, see if you can get yourself some kyosho "gold" rear springs
i was using serpent yellow fronts, and white rears. they are so more progressive than the KF springs. maybe the new set is different, maybe not ?
i love the way the car is setup, i will be leaving it as is, maybe play with the castor a little, thats about it. this car is the real deal now, finally.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Hey guys, just wondering with all the chat if anyone other than Sp Racer has been running the car at all. seems to be so many questions with not many results being posted. i know last meet Sp put the RS on TQ, with some bad luck happening before the final. i also had some niggling radio issues on the weekend, luckily not all day. i have to say this car with a good setup, is so much more than the G4S and even the G4+. id like to hear some comments on practice or racing, with some ideas from everyone with some setups. cause i think Sp racer and Myself have this car absolutey dialled. some minor differences between Sp and myself, id have to say i wouldnt have gone back to spool if it werent for SP on another note i think there are some issues TM needs to sort out with the arms and the shock balls splitting the holes in the arms. now i have no problem up front anymore since going back to std G4arms, but they dont fit on the rear, so im stuck still with the flying (breaking) arms.
just a tip on clutch installation, make sure there is no interference with the spring retainer in the shoe with the throw out shoes under the plate. this has fixed any uneven wear issues with the clutch shoe. just a hint of touching of the retainer will do bad things.
racing starts this weekend weather permitting so I hope to have some feedback on the g4rs then, I am also running the high grip white clutch shoe with red spring.
cheers
Old 02-26-2008, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aussies1129
racing starts this weekend weather permitting so I hope to have some feedback on the g4rs then, I am also running the high grip white clutch shoe with red spring.
cheers
you do realise that shoe is designed for a high grip track ? less slipage providing more power delivery.
check your PM
Old 02-26-2008, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

you do realise that shoe is designed for a high grip track ? less slipage providing more power delivery.
check your PM
will see how it goes, at my track there is alot of stop and starting no real flow at all I need the power to engage early as you said less slipage for, its basically who ever is quickest to the next corner wins, if it causes to much traction loss I will swap it over. thanks for the advise.
cheers
Old 02-29-2008, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

will see how it goes, at my track there is alot of stop and starting no real flow at all I need the power to engage early as you said less slipage for, its basically who ever is quickest to the next corner wins, if it causes to much traction loss I will swap it over. thanks for the advise.
cheers
i hope the weather stays away for you to run this weekend. give you a chance to race and try THE setup
Old 02-29-2008, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

i hope the weather stays away for you to run this weekend. give you a chance to race and try THE setup
I am changing over to spool on the rs tonight also I meant to ask what tyre spread are you running I think I have mine trued at 65r 63f?will drop you a message late sunday.weather is staring to look good but then again cairns weather is very unpredictable
cheers
Old 02-29-2008, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

I am changing over to spool on the rs tonight also I meant to ask what tyre spread are you running I think I have mine trued at 65r 63f?will drop you a message late sunday.weather is staring to look good but then again cairns weather is very unpredictable
cheers
62 rears and 60 fronts. what shores are you going to use ?
Old 02-29-2008, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

62 rears and 60 fronts. what shores are you going to use ?
hey I only have 37s at the moment I think maybe I have some 35s but there for your cold dusty days when the track has zero grip, did you see the aussie dollar best time to buy your motor/pipe package is now.
cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.