R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2008, 11:45 AM   #9046
Tech Master
 
Sp Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,624
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post
is this thread 'dead'?

anyway, just a question: what's the diff between the G4S 2nd speed gear and the G4+/G4RS Duro 2nd speed gear?
The inside diameter is also smaller on the duro gears, they will not fit the G4S housing
__________________
10 yrs on RC tech ! wow....
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:46 PM   #9047
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp Racer View Post
The inside diameter is also smaller on the duro gears, they will not fit the G4S housing
So other then the G4 Duro 2 Speed Housing, do I need to change any other parts so that I can use the duro gears?
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:39 PM   #9048
Tech Elite
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
So other then the G4 Duro 2 Speed Housing, do I need to change any other parts so that I can use the duro gears?
you will need duro spurs, duro housing and duro clutch shoes, I am sure thats it.I upgraded both the s and rs models to duro!
as for the g4s and the g4rs ,I find the g4rs is a bit more responsive, has better steering and seems to hug the road a bit better that the g4s, thats racing on a tight track like mine. I will get alot better idea when racing season starts next week as I have only done a few practise laps with it.
cheers
__________________
Proudly supported by......
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd
H.E.I AUSTRALIA
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:58 AM   #9049
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default anyone racing this car ?

Hey guys, just wondering with all the chat if anyone other than Sp Racer has been running the car at all. seems to be so many questions with not many results being posted. i know last meet Sp put the RS on TQ, with some bad luck happening before the final. i also had some niggling radio issues on the weekend, luckily not all day. i have to say this car with a good setup, is so much more than the G4S and even the G4+. id like to hear some comments on practice or racing, with some ideas from everyone with some setups. cause i think Sp racer and Myself have this car absolutey dialled. some minor differences between Sp and myself, id have to say i wouldnt have gone back to spool if it werent for SP on another note i think there are some issues TM needs to sort out with the arms and the shock balls splitting the holes in the arms. now i have no problem up front anymore since going back to std G4arms, but they dont fit on the rear, so im stuck still with the flying (breaking) arms.
just a tip on clutch installation, make sure there is no interference with the spring retainer in the shoe with the throw out shoes under the plate. this has fixed any uneven wear issues with the clutch shoe. just a hint of touching of the retainer will do bad things.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:48 AM   #9050
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

I will be running my G4S for the first time in a long while this coming weekend.
looking forward to it.
I have never stripped a spur and only time was from a accident, if you take care of the 2 speed clutch clearance and bearings then you shouldnt have any hassles.
I am one of the only guys in teh club that does minimal fiddling and repairs to my car, other guys always have issues with there Serpents, Mugens.

Forgot to mention Serpent yellow clutch shoe works great if you ream out teh holes a bit.
Clutch feels super and consistent with it and lasts longer.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0

Last edited by razzor; 02-25-2008 at 12:38 PM.
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:37 PM   #9051
Tech Master
 
Sp Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,624
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Spool = fast


Paul, see if you can get yourself some kyosho "gold" rear springs
__________________
10 yrs on RC tech ! wow....
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:36 PM   #9052
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor View Post
I will be running my G4S for the first time in a long while this coming weekend.
looking forward to it.
I have never stripped a spur and only time was from a accident, if you take care of the 2 speed clutch clearance and bearings then you shouldnt have any hassles.
I am one of the only guys in teh club that does minimal fiddling and repairs to my car, other guys always have issues with there Serpents, Mugens.

Forgot to mention Serpent yellow clutch shoe works great if you ream out teh holes a bit.
Clutch feels super and consistent with it and lasts longer.
good luck Razzor, all the best
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:03 AM   #9053
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp Racer View Post
Spool = fast


Paul, see if you can get yourself some kyosho "gold" rear springs
i was using serpent yellow fronts, and white rears. they are so more progressive than the KF springs. maybe the new set is different, maybe not ?
i love the way the car is setup, i will be leaving it as is, maybe play with the castor a little, thats about it. this car is the real deal now, finally.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:29 AM   #9054
Tech Elite
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
Hey guys, just wondering with all the chat if anyone other than Sp Racer has been running the car at all. seems to be so many questions with not many results being posted. i know last meet Sp put the RS on TQ, with some bad luck happening before the final. i also had some niggling radio issues on the weekend, luckily not all day. i have to say this car with a good setup, is so much more than the G4S and even the G4+. id like to hear some comments on practice or racing, with some ideas from everyone with some setups. cause i think Sp racer and Myself have this car absolutey dialled. some minor differences between Sp and myself, id have to say i wouldnt have gone back to spool if it werent for SP on another note i think there are some issues TM needs to sort out with the arms and the shock balls splitting the holes in the arms. now i have no problem up front anymore since going back to std G4arms, but they dont fit on the rear, so im stuck still with the flying (breaking) arms.
just a tip on clutch installation, make sure there is no interference with the spring retainer in the shoe with the throw out shoes under the plate. this has fixed any uneven wear issues with the clutch shoe. just a hint of touching of the retainer will do bad things.
racing starts this weekend weather permitting so I hope to have some feedback on the g4rs then, I am also running the high grip white clutch shoe with red spring.
cheers
__________________
Proudly supported by......
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd
H.E.I AUSTRALIA
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:59 AM   #9055
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
racing starts this weekend weather permitting so I hope to have some feedback on the g4rs then, I am also running the high grip white clutch shoe with red spring.
cheers
you do realise that shoe is designed for a high grip track ? less slipage providing more power delivery.
check your PM
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:28 AM   #9056
Tech Elite
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
you do realise that shoe is designed for a high grip track ? less slipage providing more power delivery.
check your PM
will see how it goes, at my track there is alot of stop and starting no real flow at all I need the power to engage early as you said less slipage for, its basically who ever is quickest to the next corner wins, if it causes to much traction loss I will swap it over. thanks for the advise.
cheers
__________________
Proudly supported by......
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd
H.E.I AUSTRALIA
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:30 AM   #9057
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
will see how it goes, at my track there is alot of stop and starting no real flow at all I need the power to engage early as you said less slipage for, its basically who ever is quickest to the next corner wins, if it causes to much traction loss I will swap it over. thanks for the advise.
cheers
i hope the weather stays away for you to run this weekend. give you a chance to race and try THE setup
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:26 AM   #9058
Tech Elite
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
i hope the weather stays away for you to run this weekend. give you a chance to race and try THE setup
I am changing over to spool on the rs tonight also I meant to ask what tyre spread are you running I think I have mine trued at 65r 63f?will drop you a message late sunday.weather is staring to look good but then again cairns weather is very unpredictable
cheers
__________________
Proudly supported by......
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd
H.E.I AUSTRALIA
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:28 AM   #9059
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
I am changing over to spool on the rs tonight also I meant to ask what tyre spread are you running I think I have mine trued at 65r 63f?will drop you a message late sunday.weather is staring to look good but then again cairns weather is very unpredictable
cheers
62 rears and 60 fronts. what shores are you going to use ?
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:42 AM   #9060
Tech Elite
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
62 rears and 60 fronts. what shores are you going to use ?
hey I only have 37s at the moment I think maybe I have some 35s but there for your cold dusty days when the track has zero grip, did you see the aussie dollar best time to buy your motor/pipe package is now.
cheers
__________________
Proudly supported by......
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd
H.E.I AUSTRALIA
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Magic G4 - LRP Z12R Team Spec 2 - Add RX/TX LogiK Australia For Sale/Trade 1 08-03-2007 02:00 AM
Team Magic G4s MaDaGAS CAR Australia For Sale/Trade 29 05-07-2007 03:30 AM
Brian Berry Joins Team Phenix/Team Magic Motorman Nitro On-Road 27 03-07-2006 05:51 AM
team magic g4 + elephant R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-26-2004 07:34 AM
Team Magic G4 "Black Magic" tennessee Nitro On-Road 32 04-20-2003 11:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:36 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net