Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
hey I only have 37s at the moment I think maybe I have some 35s but there for your cold dusty days when the track has zero grip, did you see the aussie dollar best time to buy your motor/pipe package is now.
cheers
already sorted 37's should be ok, try some 40's on the rear if you can get a pair
Old 02-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hi,
anybody knows which other brands of engine mount can be used on the G4?

also, nova and picco based engines requires different mounting holes rite? so...which engine mount to use if u got picco based engines?

how do you guys fit the picco based engines to yr G4 mount? dremel the holes on the engine?

btw, is it ok if i dont use any shims for the clutch bell endplay? if i add a 0.1mm to the clutch bell endplay, binding occurs...

Last edited by NitroWD; 02-29-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroWD
hi,

also, nova and picco based engines requires different mounting holes rite? so...which engine mount to use if u got picco based engines?

how do you guys fit the picco based engines to yr G4 mount? dremel the holes on the engine?

btw, is it ok if i dont use any shims for the clutch bell endplay? if i add a 0.1mm to the clutch bell endplay, binding occurs...
i run both nova and picco engines, i dont modify anything on the engine mount holes, they both line up.
as for clutch, as long as clutch gap is what you want to achieve, then having no shims for endplay, and its minimal or 0.1mm then thats fine. if you increase your clutch gap, then you will have a problem. there used to be 2 small shims for the screw, if you put them on after the thrust bearing is all on, then it will space the thrust bearing holder further away from the crank end. this gives you more endplay. but if you have the gap you want, and minimal endplay, then there is no problem not using a shim to get your endplay.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Dont know if its a hassle on teh RS but i have fitted Nova, Picco, Axial, STS and a few other engines to teh G4S with out any hassles using teh std 1 piece mount.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

the one piece mount is what im using. no problems at all.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

[QUOTE=NitroWD;4218805]hi,

btw, is it ok if i dont use any shims for the clutch bell endplay? if i add a 0.1mm to the clutch bell endplay, binding occurs...[/QUOTE

my g4s has the picco red dot evo2 with one piece mount and g4rs has picco red dot evo 3 with one piece kfactory mount all fit fine.please no rain tomorrow.
cheers
Old 03-01-2008, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=aussies1129;4218914
my g4s has the picco red dot evo2 with one piece mount and g4rs has picco red dot evo 3 with one piece kfactory mount all fit fine.please no rain tomorrow.
cheers[/QUOTE]

ill do a dance for you from over in WA. lets hope i get it correct
oh rain stay away
Old 03-01-2008, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

I run a Mega DSII in one chassis and my Axial/Palmaris in another and have tried other engines and all have fitted with no issues.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:50 AM
Tech Addict

hmm, am i the only one with engine holes not lined up?

well, i've tried OS, RB and sirio engines with no problems on the 1 piece mount but when i tried a nosram, i'm having the holes not lining up nicely.

isn't nosram (or LRP) picco-based?

anyway, other than TM/kfactory engine mount, anybody tried other mounts before?
Old 03-01-2008, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroWD
hmm, am i the only one with engine holes not lined up?

well, i've tried OS, RB and sirio engines with no problems on the 1 piece mount but when i tried a nosram, i'm having the holes not lining up nicely.

isn't nosram (or LRP) picco-based?

anyway, other than TM/kfactory engine mount, anybody tried other mounts before?
yes i have tried a 3 racing one piece mount. cost me a days trouble and a few spurs. had a front on hit. the mount fractured. hairline crack, wasnt till i took the motor out that the i saw what was happening.
unscrewed it from the engine, and it fell in 3 pieces.
id stick with the best mount on the market, Kfactory one piece

so how far out are the holes ? i have my IDM on one of my mounts, and a novarossi on the other. both with out modifications. get some measurements middle of holes , spaced apart, ill check my IDM. get back to you shortly
Old 03-01-2008, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

from center of holes, the IDM is spaced 11.5mm apart. this obviously matches te mount holes. is it the Nosram you are trying to get in the car ? or an LRP spec 2 or 3 engine ?
the nosram looks like the holes for the mount are very differently spaced apart. this would be Nosrams fault, not Picco. maybe the engine is designed for a certain car, they do offer guides to fit some of their engines in certain vehicles.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
from center of holes, the IDM is spaced 11.5mm apart. this obviously matches te mount holes. is it the Nosram you are trying to get in the car ? or an LRP spec 2 or 3 engine ?
the nosram looks like the holes for the mount are very differently spaced apart. this would be Nosrams fault, not Picco. maybe the engine is designed for a certain car, they do offer guides to fit some of their engines in certain vehicles.
ok, it's the nosram rs12 that i've tried; similar to LRP spec3 supposingly.
the issue is that the spacing between the holes on the same side of the engine is ok but spacing from one side of engine to the other side is smaller (than the mount).
Old 03-01-2008, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
ill do a dance for you from over in WA. lets hope i get it correct
oh rain stay away
Wouldn't that be a sight to see.......lol
I'll get the camera out ready!?

British Menace
Old 03-01-2008, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by British Menace
Wouldn't that be a sight to see.......lol
I'll get the camera out ready!?

British Menace
i can say it wouldnt be often it happens, so take the once in a lifetime oppurtunity to catch it on film
have you had a chance to runt he RS yet ? i have something coming your way soon. actually i get it on the way now.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Patto for the set-up.
I can't wait to start racing this year, just not sure where I'm going to find the time to build the cars I've getting and race???????

We'll get there I guess.

I think the RS will really be the best of the G4 series...... TM needs to get the 'flying arms' durability sorted out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.