Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default CONFUSED!

Just been sitting here reading all these people praise RaceDay and i am confused about something...

Team Magic for whatever reason were not happy with the performance of Motorman as the Us distributor, why would TM allow Raceday to parrellel import direct with the result of less sales of what appears to be the biggest seller in the US.

Just seems odd to me
Old 12-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by razzor
Thanks Serpentd but GRP makes tyres with 5 different rims just like to know if they are all the same offset.
They just mention width and shore nothing else.
http://www.grpgandini.com/uk/1-10-touring.asp
Thanks for correcting me. I had NO clue. I just order them and they always seem to be the same offset. Zero offset I believe. I guess I also run the Jaco, they are a very sweet set as well, again I only know of the 0 offset. Sorry I couldn't help more. Hey RAZZOR, since we are on the topic, isn't that what the different "hubs" are for, is to change your offset? Why would we need so many different off sets???? Shouldn't there be 1 standard, then change hubs for the particular offset required? I'm a bit confussed here bro? Anyone please enlighten me. Thanks guys and RAZZOR!!!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

shore is the hardness of the compound of tire (foam) , so on the scale, 45 shore is hard, wear is excellent, but grip is comprimised. 35 shore, soft , quick wearing and really great grip. the trick is to find the comprimise of the grip/wear level. some use 40 shore front and rear, others use softer rear to fronts, or harder rears to fronts. a good starting point is maybe 40 shore front and rear, do some testing and work out your tire wear for different conditions. note it down and always go back to your notes. tire wear is very critical in long mains. the wrong choice can see your hard work fizzle down to plastic or not enough grip. so its up to you to choose the shore ratings for your conditions. if your at a track, just ask some guys for suggestions as this may help you get the right combo quicker.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
shore is the hardness of the compound of tire (foam) , so on the scale, 45 shore is hard, wear is excellent, but grip is comprimised. 35 shore, soft , quick wearing and really great grip. the trick is to find the comprimise of the grip/wear level. some use 40 shore front and rear, others use softer rear to fronts, or harder rears to fronts. a good starting point is maybe 40 shore front and rear, do some testing and work out your tire wear for different conditions. note it down and always go back to your notes. tire wear is very critical in long mains. the wrong choice can see your hard work fizzle down to plastic or not enough grip. so its up to you to choose the shore ratings for your conditions. if your at a track, just ask some guys for suggestions as this may help you get the right combo quicker.

ahhh sweet, slowly learning - thanks for the tips
Old 12-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
42 shore? what does this mean!
Dude, 42 shore means how hard the rubber is so to speak. Foam rubber is measured by a durometer, so 42 would be the durometer reading. The higher the number, the harder the rubber. The lower the number, the softer the rubber. So a 40 shore is a little softer then 42. and 30 is very soft compared to 42. I believe they range from 25 shore to 55 shore. Well that's the range for 1:8th scale anyway. Hope this made sence bro!
Old 12-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

DUUUUUUUDE! Talk about being fast with the keyboard. I didn't read what you said, but I REALLY hope we said the same thing! Later my friend!
Old 12-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by S710_Nut
Just been sitting here reading all these people praise RaceDay and i am confused about something...

Team Magic for whatever reason were not happy with the performance of Motorman as the Us distributor, why would TM allow Raceday to parrellel import direct with the result of less sales of what appears to be the biggest seller in the US.

Just seems odd to me
i think only Team Magic can answer that one for you. it does seem strange , unless TM had a bigger picture from the start ? for that reason i am dissapointed for Motorman, but i have only heard bad things about trinity ? which is now the US distributor. Sam may be able to answer a question or 2 about the situation, but then he might not know at all. seems to me like Big Business strategy is ruthless to some, but others then prosper in result. innovation is what is keeping some glued to the Team Magic product, exciting stuff
Old 12-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpentd
DUUUUUUUDE! Talk about being fast with the keyboard. I didn't read what you said, but I REALLY hope we said the same thing! Later my friend!
Different part of the world. Same track, the right direction. Yes i think we both helped in the explanation of the answer to the question. sounds close to team work ? thats why we have this great forum later D
Old 12-18-2006, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Different part of the world. Same track, the right direction. Yes i think we both helped in the explanation of the answer to the question. sounds close to team work ? thats why we have this great forum later D
Thats for sure
Old 12-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wouldn't just be cool as hell if ALL us G4S'ers from all over the world be able to attend a G4S only race hosted and paid for by TM! It would be quit special to meet all of you killer guys here in person and be able to race with one another. Just me day dreaming is all. However, I wouldn't be totally surprized if some of us did cross paths someday at one of the larger races. I would be up for a trip to Africa, Australia, Europe...etc. But if it never happens, at least we have our happy little forum!
Old 12-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

it has a bit of a ring to it i think, hmmmmm
The Magic Cup ?
ahhh sounds too good to me.. something to wish for at christmas time i suppose.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Razzor, i definately know the GRP dish wheels and the serpent wheels are 0 offset. i have used both, but still the jacos seem to have the better wear. cheers..
Old 12-18-2006, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You're obviously bored Paul.

The previous comments I made about this being a G4S thread and not a raceday thread I think are perfectly valid. I would have thought people were intelligent enough to realise that spruiking the benefits of raceday supplying products to overseas markets was probably not in racedays best interest.

I know Nick Ko from TM gets on here from time to time so I would hate for all of Sam's hard work to be undone if TM refused supply on the basis of his grey marketing. The original thing I brought up was because people were asking how much for this and have you got that in stock, etc.. I have no problem with people saying how good his service is, and never have. The other questions belong on a raceday thread the same as dinball, hitech, etc etc.

As for your attempts to get into another slinging match, I'm over it. I can tell you're going to be a winner as a committee member at the track as well. I'm sure 'going the niggle' is the best way to promote the club you're now representing.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:13 AM
Tech Adept

i think only Team Magic can answer that one for you. it does seem strange , unless TM had a bigger picture from the start ? for that reason i am dissapointed for Motorman, but i have only heard bad things about trinity ? which is now the US distributor. Sam may be able to answer a question or 2 about the situation, but then he might not know at all. seems to me like Big Business strategy is ruthless to some, but others then prosper in result. innovation is what is keeping some glued to the Team Magic product, exciting stuff

Raceday hobbies haven't done any favours to Motorman either by grey importing... especially since everyone on here seems to buy from him

TM are shitting in their own nest at the cost of Motorman...

Buy from your LHS and get great service... My 2 cents
Old 12-19-2006, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Razzor, i definately know the GRP dish wheels and the serpent wheels are 0 offset. i have used both, but still the jacos seem to have the better wear. cheers..
True but they have the ugliest 5 spoke rim
The new flash wheels from TM is apparently Jaco rubber ,I ran a whole day on a set of 40F / 38R Lost 2.5mm only.

Maybe its just our track or my car but I run a lot harder tyres than the other guys.With the Serpent tyres I eventually ran 42F / 40R where as all the guys run 40F / 35R or 37F / 35R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.