Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

RayJ, Kudos to you as well in Outlaw making the final and running great to come home in 5th, the top finishing Team Magic G4S car in the main. Hopfully Paul's Place wasn't waiting for you to come in Sunday night and order another one of those famous burgers....(LOL). Congrats to you for your hard work on racing 2 classes with only one car! Maybe next time it will be 2 cars for 2 classes (LOL).

Dennis (motorman), thanks for the many efforts you put forth for this team at this event. I second the comments from Ray on your unselfishness. You truly are a good team leader. I am looking forward to more races in the future.

And to my dad who also made the final. It was really cool to race on Father's Day in a A main at a ROAR Nationals with my dad next to me on the drivers stand. He has his issues in the main but drove excellent to make the show.

Team Magic G4S had all 4 of its drivers make the final in California! Outstanding effort by Team Magic and Phenix Distribution.

Those looking for G4S info and pricing, check out www.phenixdist.com for further details.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

My hat is off to the excellent showing of the Team Magic G4S drivers. Dennis, Brian, Dave, and RayJ are a wonderful cohesive team that makes myself as a TM dealer and a G4S owner very proud!

We all have notice how free these great drivers are with information in building and setting up our cars. What was really cool was to listen how they share that information between themselves and how they rallied each other to do good in their respective heats and mains.

I wish to thank all the team drivers for putting up with me for the four days. I had a great time and spent my days just listening and watching them in action, and now I can pass all that I learned to my customers. Thanks Guys!

I want to thank RayJ and Dave Berry in helping me in my heats and main. Dave you are a great guy and so positive about everything. You made me feel good even after hitting a wall!!! And we all know that isn't easily done.

Dennis did work tirelessly throughout the event. Even to 2 in the morning getting fuel tanks to conform. I enjoyed being with you, proud of the work you did on your car as well as the team members... and now I will be even more proud if you get MY ORDER SHIPPED!!!!!!

Brian was pleasure to meet you and watch you drive the G4S to speed boundaries that my G4S will never see! Thanks for the information on Tornada Fuel and that will be on our site soon!

Hope to see all you guys soon!

Sam
Old 06-20-2006, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

k so the ball side needs to completely in the other side?
Old 06-20-2006, 09:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sfelish
Dennis did work tirelessly throughout the event. Even to 2 in the morning getting fuel tanks to conform.
What is this all about?
Old 06-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Congrats to all TM drivers for a great showing at the Roar Nats. Hey what engines did you guys use? I see an Axial and a Mega bu im still curiouse
Old 06-20-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default Fuel Tanks

As a team we removed the support ribs from the fuel tanks. This aided us in filling the tanks faster. This as a result made the tanks slightly oversized. As a result, Dennis heated the tanks on top and pushed them in to bring them to 75cc which is roar legal.

Motors used at the nats were OS TZ, Sirio's and Axial.

Sam it was a pleasure meeting you as well. Your a really nice guy, and I'm glad we were able to share a race weekend. You've got a really good sense of humour, and I hope you had fun racing as well! Hope to race with you again some time, and if you ever have car questions never hesitate to call.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

I had a great time at the nats. Thanks to my team for an all out effort. We suffered a few mechanical bugs due to the chatter bumps on the track(they were pretty severe in some areas) We used sirio's in all the cars except Rays he used an OS TZ for qualifying and an Axial for the final. We used Tornado fuel which was awesome but ran short of fuel for the final where ray and I had to switch to a different brand of fuel. I think the fuel we used was bad as the motors fell off on power dramatically and my engine suffered rod failure 35 laps into the A main. It was only 220 degrees. The guy I got the fuel from had engine issues all week and when I got a gallon of fuel from him I didn't even consider the fact it could have been bad but it was. Big thanks to Sam,Dave,Brian and Ray. The prep prior to this race was exhausting but the team knuckled down and put out 120%. We learned alot that we will be passing on to the factory for continous improvement. The track was rough enough that 2nd speed gears were a problem for us and the mugen,kyosho teams. The chatter bumps were severe on the drivetrains.

All in all all 4 of the outlaw cars we took made the show and brian was on a run in the sedan semi to bump into the sedan A but had the screw out of his throttle servo arm fall out and lost throttle control dashing his opportunity to bump into the A main of sedan.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Heemstede GP

Hi,

Just a short report from my adventures at the EFRA GP !
Firstly its a fantastic track & facility, never been before, so when my front end got written off with interference on friday morning, it was not a good start

When qualifying started i was still testing tyres and set up, but the car was getting better, and so was my driving ! I ended up 7th, about 5 seconds behind Salven (TQ), which was ok, but in my best qualy i made some errors ! (my best lap was 15.6, Salvens 15.5 but they were more consistent)

I started 2nd in the semi , but on the 1st lap my plug blew , so after that it was just a test session, again the car was quick, my best lap of 15.82 was the quickest in both the semis, and also not bad compared to the Main. I wasnt as consistent as i would have liked, but if the car can do the lap times, then thats very encouraging !

So not bad, to be close at Serpents home track, this is the track that will be used for the European Championships this year........
Old 06-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Darren,

I haven't forgot......I still owe you the setup on my car. I'll post it here once I get my car back. I started with a setup but made some changes as the days went on for the serious bumps. Once the car was good, I didn't document the final setup. Dennis posted a setup on here about 3-4 weeks ago that was close. I changed the ride height (to 5.5mm frt/6.0 rr), droop frt & rr (?/?), spring (TM Aqua frt & rr), and tire sizes (63rr & 59frt), as well as gearing (18/24-51/46). So its bascially different. I want to make sure I give you the correct setup when my car returns from shipping, and not give you guesses.

Nice job this weekend. Bummer deal with the radio stuff. Everyone has them sometime in their racing life, just unfortuate for you it was during the EFRA GP. Nice showing considering the home advantage at Serpent's home.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

By the way I also used the new spectrum micro recievers in one of my cars and it worked flawlessly. I love that thing.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
k so the ball side needs to completely in the other side?
(I assume your shocks aren't causing the problem. correct?)
With the sway bar flat the ball should be slid all the way in. Motorman can you jump in here and confirm. Isn't this problem of the suspension travel down being differant. Identical to the problem we had with my car after I reassembled it. You said the sway bar wasn't slid together far enough.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

rcevo,

first disengage the sway bar by pulling the bars apart so they don't contact and recheck. If your problem goes away it is your sway bar setting. The easiest way to set the roll blade so that it does not bind and limit suspension travel is to loosen the bars and push them all the way in against each other and centered over the chassis. Next move the arms to the suspension travel extremes and then tighten the blade set screws. By moving the arms to the travel limits it will separate the bars enough so that they won't bind during movement or be too loose to work properly. You may have also noticed that the blade holders each have a little tab, use these dials to remove any tweak introduced by the bar mounts.

Mark
Old 06-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

its not my shocks because i removed them to testit and it did the same thing.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Does anyone know if there is a Lipo receiver pack that will fit in the G4S.... any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

alright this is annoying,

if i rest the car on a flat surface with all the wheels off , my left front hub carrier rests on the surface, my right hub carrier rests about .5mm off the surface and if I push it down tot he surface and let go it comes back up .5mm and this is with the shocks off and with both little plastic adjusting washers parallel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.