Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey All,

We today i had my practice run with the New OS MAX TZ.12 P3 engine and with the setup of using laying down the front shocks to the bottom hole!!!

All i can say is the laydown of shocks improvd my steering lots and the grip on the front was even better!!!

I really happy to have a easy car to drive, fellow friend Toy000 had a go and say we could drive this all day LOL!!!

In the end we combned same setup and made a few minor adjusts wich iproved once agaain!!

Here is a video clip of me just having fun this morinig!!

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niobYWke71I
Old 02-24-2007, 03:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Hey All,

We today i had my practice run with the New OS MAX TZ.12 P3 engine and with the setup of using laying down the front shocks to the bottom hole!!!

All i can say is the laydown of shocks improvd my steering lots and the grip on the front was even better!!!

I really happy to have a easy car to drive, fellow friend Toy000 had a go and say we could drive this all day LOL!!!

In the end we combned same setup and made a few minor adjusts wich iproved once agaain!!

Here is a video clip of me just having fun this morinig!!

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niobYWke71I
good to see you had a great day testing Frankie.
hope it goes that smoothly tommorow
look forward to hear how you go and Rob. keep up the good work
Old 02-24-2007, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
good to see you had a great day testing Frankie.
hope it goes that smoothly tommorow
look forward to hear how you go and Rob. keep up the good work

cheers patto still got plenty more mods to do before tomoorw, but ya help is rewarding all the time!!!

main goal tomorrow is to finish each race with out crashing, stalling, and blowing up motors LOL

cheers to you patto also big ups for Mr serpantD - thanks for an awesome engine lov it lov it!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 04:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
cheers patto still got plenty more mods to do before tomoorw, but ya help is rewarding all the time!!!

main goal tomorrow is to finish each race with out crashing, stalling, and blowing up motors LOL

cheers to you patto also big ups for Mr serpantD - thanks for an awesome engine lov it lov it!!!
Dude, the car looked pretty good! How is that engine treating you? Enough power for you or what? I need details my friend. I looked as though it runs damn good going down that straight! How many tanks did you get through that beast today? I looked as though it had a good amount of smoke out of the exhaust. You did awesome with the tune it appears as well as the break in. I am so glad I could help you get back out on that track.

So bro tell me about the engine more. How does it compair to your last engine? You know, your newest paper weight? How was the temp on that thing running? How is the torque and top end? When do you get ED or do you have one yet? So will this engine and your setup keep up with the pack of Sirio's and Nova's Like I said it would? I would imagine that the motor will keep getting stronger as time goes on for the next few weeks. I just hope your happy with the performance of that engine because I was the one that told you it would hang with the big boys. How does your exhaust pair up with that engine? Sorry for all the questions bro, just hope the motor is as good as I told you it should be. It's great to see you back out on the track bro! Keep me updated my friend. I know you have been WAY busy and I've been sick. If you race tomorrow make sure to monitor that engine temp throughout the day bro!! This engine will last you for a long ass time, just keep an eye on her dude. Oh yeah, I want to see some FAST lap times too! Take are bro and I shall talk with you soon. Tell all the guys hey for me and I wish you all the best of luck! Later bro!
Old 02-24-2007, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, the car looked pretty good! How is that engine treating you? Enough power for you or what? I need details my friend. I looked as though it runs damn good going down that straight! How many tanks did you get through that beast today? I looked as though it had a good amount of smoke out of the exhaust. You did awesome with the tune it appears as well as the break in. I am so glad I could help you get back out on that track.

So bro tell me about the engine more. How does it compair to your last engine? You know, your newest paper weight? How was the temp on that thing running? How is the torque and top end? When do you get ED or do you have one yet? So will this engine and your setup keep up with the pack of Sirio's and Nova's Like I said it would? I would imagine that the motor will keep getting stronger as time goes on for the next few weeks. I just hope your happy with the performance of that engine because I was the one that told you it would hang with the big boys. How does your exhaust pair up with that engine? Sorry for all the questions bro, just hope the motor is as good as I told you it should be. It's great to see you back out on the track bro! Keep me updated my friend. I know you have been WAY busy and I've been sick. If you race tomorrow make sure to monitor that engine temp throughout the day bro!! This engine will last you for a long ass time, just keep an eye on her dude. Oh yeah, I want to see some FAST lap times too! Take are bro and I shall talk with you soon. Tell all the guys hey for me and I wish you all the best of luck! Later bro!

Hey Bud,

Hope your feeling well!!!!

As for the engine, power combo the Nova 2630 Pipe, pretty damn good damn low, heaps of Zip in it and its till running rich!!

I have done at least 15 tanks now in it and the tune is so easy to dooooo!!! Simple shit really with this motor!!

As for motor compared to last - well its quicker at the rich setting i got now, and once she is dialed to a killer tune to its almost peak it will be hard to hold it to the ground!!!

One thing we are finding is our track the more power you get down themore tracksion we need - genrally we need a soften the rear up but not too soft!!! running 1.4 in rears but special mods in the shocks tried your tips from this week and its seem better!!

I have also made changes to the front with differant shock position and better shock bleeding!!! another words, lots of time in shocks!!

Tonight i did the shocks again and also trimmed the bladder as you mentioned!!!

its better now, nice even soft feel of shock with half rebound, i do notice by the need of the day its even softer due to wear etc!!!

Motor is Torqqqque down low, the new Ed trans next week will be interesting on gearing, i cant wait already!!!

It was funny today i had the heat gun out to start it up twice, as the pinch is still man, its hard still after 14 tanks LOL

thou during a run, i had aanother run 5 mins after a 5 mins run and she ws still warm and cranked over nice, I am taking good care of it, not forcing the starts, letting it warm up etc!!!

Takes about two laps to get up to 100degress, its holding that temp really well!!!

and as for run time, its doing good aswell, just need to lean the bottom off as its fueling up a bit and bogging if i sit for 10 secs!!!

Up top seems ok, not really screaming hard, just a nice note as i have got 2nd gear coming on early like 8 metres to 10 metres, on out start finish pit wall straight it hits second just before half, so i like it it like that!!!

Tomooorow is race day, i wish all my luck to just finish the day!!! there isnt really much tuning to do, just a little to see on th day - she is plenty quick already, and any moe quickness ill need wings!!! LOL

Its a very good motor if anyone wants to get there hands on, and affordable aswell!!!

Thou D you rock, you made my week, my day today and for all of us to play on our home track on a nice sunny day was KILLLA

Shit i have gone on and on - Ahhhh sorry for all but its been a positive step forward!!!

Speak soon, i got more vids of a few other bannanana rolling "
Old 02-24-2007, 04:51 AM

Hey Frank, you started a good thing with these avatars.. I advise you all to check Team Magic website.. It also metions about rctech and our community

Good job..

Asil
Old 02-24-2007, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HjupH0v1AY

Asil cheers man - i will have a look now!!

Here is Rob "Rollover" gotchay bud!!!
differant angle i was infied eek its a war out there LOL

enjoy
Old 02-24-2007, 05:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Dude, that all sounds killer dude. Just what I wanted to hear. I told you about that torque remember. That thing should be ready to lean out to full race bro. Don't lean to 100% performance, but about 95%. You'll know when. I would run that motor between 220-230 degress Ferenheit. Don't know Celsius conversion. If it's cooler in the morning then you might need to lean it out a bit the warmer the day gets. Heat means less air, less air means less fuel. Need to find that stoich. After you lean her out some, she will wake up on top end.

I'm glad to hear your learning about shock set up too. Sounds like you have it nailed perfect!I am very excited for you bro. Just race your own race and dget familiar with your set up. You'll do awesome bro!!! Just curious, what manifold are you using? 5 fin? I would imagine this o be your best bet. Help your topend and mellow out the torque a bit. But then after you put that ED on, It's hard to say. If your rear end is loose and you are running the stock rear sway bar flat already, try and just remove the rear swaybar entirely. I's worth a shot. But yeah dude, lean that beast out some for tomorrow. It's ready for it. I hope you do well and remember to just run your own race. Another thing is you might need to gear up the spurs one tooth. Meaning go 1 tooth down in number for more controoable lowend and a boost in top end. Keep me posted my friend! I'm slad you like the engine. I knew this would be the perfect engine for you for now with he ease of tunig. Dude, rip that shit up tomorrow bro!!! Talk soon bro. Later!!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asil
Hey Frank, you started a good thing with these avatars.. I advise you all to check Team Magic website.. It also metions about rctech and our community

Good job..

Asil

can you link me to the section pleasse?
Old 02-24-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/newsf...08142839-16085

You even got credit down the bottom frankie. Nice work.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:39 AM

Frank, it's the mainpage talking about increase in sales... Am I out of date that you've already checked it??
Old 02-24-2007, 05:43 AM

sorry, here's the link;

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/newsf...08183525-39273
Old 02-24-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Great to see u guys having fun and learning the ins and outs of setup.
Wish I could have a click of guys to run with.Maybe look at moving to OZ

Have fun and keep it up.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Initiate

hey kodak it's good to see ya get the credit on the TM web site...
i use the US one on another site. trying to be diff here...lol
but Great job ! on the avatars! !
Old 02-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Hey guys ,i found a pdf on my pc that I forgot about.I think this is a essential addition to any racers tool box for diagnosing setup issues.
Its by Serpent for the 710 but applies universally.
Cant believe I forgot about this.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
200mm guide.pdf (216.4 KB, 158 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.